What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

I need to sort a space in the lego loft. Need to get another Falcon first

You could probably get someone to build a loft for what you got for your falcon! :-)
Wow - that's impressive. Where's the Minifigs?

In the falcon. Will add some stormtroopers, as well as Vader and obi-wan duelling
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 4:47 PM, Cheese said:
My ‘Original UCS Falcon, escaping from Docking Bay 327’ enshrined in a coffee table now complete.

That table is perfectly elegant and the final product is one of the best I have seen for a falcon display. Did u use blind mortise and tenon or dominos for the joinery. Was the custom different sized pieces of glass expensive to have made?

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

• Like 2

5 hours ago, junkrigger said:

That table is perfectly elegant and the final product is one of the best I have seen for a falcon display. Did u use blind mortise and tenon or dominos for the joinery. Was the custom different sized pieces of glass expensive to have made?

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

No idea.  I'm not a carpenter.  Got a local furniture maker to make it.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, kd123 said:

@John82

That is an amazing moc!  Congratulations on completing the year long journey!

Credit goes to rakrondewl, after his project didn’t get the votes on Lego Ideas; he kindly shared the LDD with the public. Only issue is that the LDD file uses quite a few out-of-production parts and non existent parts. However it’s been fun trying to find alternative parts or building techniques to get it built. The eye design came from another moc I’ve seen.

• Like 1

I built the defense of Crait on Saturday and the Resistance Bomber today. For 2 ships that seem like they are ripping off the B-Wing, I have to say they are radically different builds. The Crait set was not super interesting and reminded me very much of the last B-Wing that I built. Having a couple pieces of scenery is ok, but I think I would have preferred ditching them and a couple figures and bringing the price down. Comparing it to the TIE Silencer which was a similar price point, I'd rather build the Silencer again.

The Bomber was actually a more interesting set. Considering I didn't really want the set when I first saw it, I was surprised about how much I liked the techniques involved. It however does not feel like a $100+ set. If it were $80 it would feel like the right price. There are a lot of figures, and places for all of them  I wish there were places for all of the guns that come with the set. I feel like it is unlikely that either one of these sets will get a remake anytime soon.

• Like 1

On 1/1/2018 at 5:50 AM, John82 said:

After spending most of the year bricklinking the Barad Dur, it's finally done with a few modifications, it stands 45 inches tall. Thanks to Kevin at BrickStruct for creating the instructions. The model still needs a couple of mods that I will do when I have room to display it.

I love this. So much. I have to ask, final cost including all the shipping? 

11 minutes ago, Zelgazra said:

I love this. So much. I have to ask, final cost including all the shipping? 

I don't know what the total cost will be as i already had 40% of the parts in my inventory.

I was also buying parts for a Winter Cafe, Winter Red Cottage, Detention Block and other parts for my Winter village at the same time.

All of this cost ~ £700 in total (60% of Barad Dur, the 3 other builds, and general parts to create snow, roads, paths and trees).

At a guess i think it could be done for £600 (maybe less in North America) as long as you substituted all the rare parts, although you will need at least 2 of the 6x6 Cut-Corner Wedge Plate (6106)  in dark-bluish gray for one of the upper floors, the lower floors can easily be swapped using a mix of 3x3 corner plates and 3x3 plates.

You will also need a mix of dark gray bricks and plates to strengthen the build in places.

Unfortunately being in the UK means shipping from the USA and Canada is expensive, so it ended up being split across 29 sellers in the EU. It may be half that in North America.

Here is the bricklink wanted list: https://we.tl/QO0f9g8Pi1

• Like 1

On ‎31‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 3:15 PM, TheRebel said:

Just built this now, it's pretty cool and I'm going to put it with my other ucs sets even though  it doesn't have the label simply because it's cool and other ucs sets haven't had the label before this one so...

Yeah, I wonder the same thing... What's Lego criteria on putting the UCS label on the boxes? 

Guest TabbyBoy
6 hours ago, Floriano said:

Yeah, I wonder the same thing... What's Lego criteria on putting the UCS label on the boxes? 

The amount of "Disney Tax"?

My childhood 6285. I know I have all the parts, but still looking through my bulk for some of the parts. When I got it as a kid, my dad built it with me so this was my first time truly assembling it myself. I'll take a picture when I get it finished. My main goal was to have it done before the 60th set comes out and I can build the mini-model.

• Like 2