What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

Finished 10257 Carousel yesterday. Nice build and displays so wonderfully.

Noted one issue though, the frog build was a little awkward because the legs would react accordingly. The frog would "jump" up but when going back down the legs would slide back the it wouldn't function right afterwards. I ended up having to put a little sticky tac under the feet to keep them in place and that did the trick. Otherwise, I really enjoyed this one.

carousel.jpg

Edited by MrToes16
  • Like 9

3 hours ago, Lordoflego said:

@Huskers1236 you’re a beast, finished within one week. Beast I say. Very impressive. 

It was a lot of fun to build, much more sturdy than 10179 from what I remember.  I have the stand from Wicked Brick, I'll get it mounted tomorrow and get a picture with it.  It's going to take 2 people to do it since you have to take a couple landing gear off for the mount.  I'm not imagining a scenario where something doesn't fall off in the process.

I still have a sealed 10019 Blockage Runner I bought to build but have not had the balls to cut the seals yet.  I really need to come up with a proper display space for the UCS sets as they are on the basement entertainment center which works, but a nice, lighted display case would really be nice.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jaylay said:

Looks awesome. How stable is that though?

Front/back, very stable.  I would not push side to side real hard as the pieces snap together and that might be too much strain on it.  You take off the 2 landing gear and it sits on a couple of clips on the side pieces.  The figures/ID plate snap onto the separate front piece using Lego 1x1 round plates that look to be molded into the acrylic piece.  They are stamped Lego.  I was not going to get that piece originally but that was the only way to purchase at the time and I didn't want it to go out of stock again so bought the whole bundle.  Glad I did, it's nicer than I thought it would be.  

I will probably take the other landing gear off as well to have it in full flight mode.  I know Lego did not intend for this to be displayed this way so there would be holes where the landing gear was so might moc up some filler if they do come off for display so the bottom is filled in.  

LED lights for the engine is next and want to MOC up the engine area to take off the tubes and make it more similar to 10179.  Wouldn't be too difficult with the existing clips for the tubes, just would take a decent parts order.

• Like 1

IMG_1051.thumb.JPG.d13ff02817986837af08355115722189.JPG

It must rank up there as the poorest set to be given the mantle of a UCS set but despite it also being the most expensive set in my collection on a price per piece basis, at over £1 per piece, I had to have it. Only five more to go and then my Star Wars UCS collection is complete.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Cheese said:

It must rank up there as the poorest set to be given the mantle of a UCS set but despite it also being the most expensive set in my collection on a price per piece basis, at over £1 per piece, I had to have it. Only five more to go and then my Star Wars UCS collection is complete.

I want to grab one of these to have with the other UCS but I agree, very underwhelming and really no different from the system models other than the chrome.

41 minutes ago, Baragon said:

Last night I finished building the Parisian Restaurant while drowning my sorrows after the KU loss. I love all the small details, especially in the top level. This was my first modular and I’m hooked. I can’t say I wasn’t warned!

To be fair, nobody would have beaten Villanova last night.  At least they beat Dook.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

Much to my dismay, we had some Boost action going on today. My son said he’d “program” if I built it. FYI - numbered bags don’t help if you start the third project in. I did lots of bag fishing for parts.

My son wanted to go straight to the assembly line model and I told him no.  The app is really good if you let it guide you.  After some motivation he built the "Vernie" model by himself and had a blast with it.  The programming aspect is simplified but fun compared to Mindstorm.  

Edited by Mathew
  • Like 1