What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

I was able to pick up one Ninjago Movie - Destiny's Bounty to build for myself at $85.  I plan to start it tonight and will take me a few evenings (only 2-3 bags a night when I have time), so I will put a few pics up next week most likely.  Only Ninjago set I have ever bought.  Only got it to go with my Black Pearl, Silent Mary and later on the Queen Anne.  

Edited by Halfrig
  • Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 10:42 AM, lego rules said:

After building the UCS falcon I thought to take a step back and build something with alot less pieces.  I had sold the taj Mahal when the new one was announced basically to come out ahead gaining instructions and the box.

For the first 10 bags I regretted my decision as it extremely monotonous.

I see you have Big Ben is that a bit monotonous when building?

Guest TabbyBoy

That Destinys Bounty outshines them all. After the Saturn V, this has to be the best value set of recent times? What other set gives you so much ABS plastic for £109.99? Once I have my vinyl cutter/laminator sorted, I'm going to print some custom (non copyright) sails for mine and may even start selling them? It's an industrial machine so I'll be able to churn out hundreds at a time if I need to

On 1/27/2018 at 10:42 AM, lego rules said:

After building the UCS falcon I thought to take a step back and build something with alot less pieces.  I had sold the taj Mahal when the new one was announced basically to come out ahead gaining instructions and the box.

For the first 10 bags I regretted my decision as it extremely monotonous.

Looks good on the shelf at least!

Guest TabbyBoy
9 hours ago, odysea11 said:

Here is a 6 month update for those that were curious. The ship has weathered quite nicely. The only thing I'm worried about is the sails, they look great now, but I don't know about long term. It has not been a maintenance nightmare, as a matter of fact, our cleaner fish and snails do an excellent job!! We get more comments on this display than any of our other displays....people love it!!! I'll post a one year update just for sh*ts and giggles.

It looks great and I love the algae growth on the masts. However I'd put a rock under the bow so that it's resting on something. Or... how about a Yellow Submarine? ;-)

I admit, I like this set now that I've seen it in an aquarium. For me, it's not suited to a shelf. I'd buy one, but I keep my fish in the freezer, not in a tank!

I broke my left arm a couple weeks ago (no cast, which has its +'s and -'s), so I hadn't built anything lately.  But I picked up a Batgirl Batwing from Walmart for $5 for my 3 yo daughter, bc she likes Batgirl and likes to help me build.  Wasn't very impressed with the build, it looks pretty cool for what it is, but there is a 2x16ish plate that runs down the middle of the bottom and makes it super unstable for the last 2/3rds of the build. I would have to hold it still with my one good hand while she tried to apply pieces and about every third piece it would slip and fly off the table.

• Like 3

On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 9:19 AM, TigerEyez said:

I broke my left arm a couple weeks ago (no cast, which has its +'s and -'s), so I hadn't built anything lately.  But I picked up a Batgirl Batwing from Walmart for $5 for my 3 yo daughter, bc she likes Batgirl and likes to help me build.  Wasn't very impressed with the build, it looks pretty cool for what it is, but there is a 2x16ish plate that runs down the middle of the bottom and makes it super unstable for the last 2/3rds of the build. I would have to hold it still with my one good hand while she tried to apply pieces and about every third piece it would slip and fly off the table.

And the Gold Medal winner of the 200th Parent-Olympics in the event of "Putting together a lego set with a broken arm and a 3 year old" is........TigerEyez!

Congratulations! That sounds insanely difficult / rewarding.

For your next trick will you try to fold freshly clean laundry near a toddler eating melty chocolate chip cookies.

Edited by mudcatsfan

17 minutes ago, mudcatsfan said:

And the Gold Medal winner of the 200th Parent-Olympics in the event of "Putting together a lego set with a broken arm and a 3 year old" is........TigerEyez!

Congratulations! That sounds insanely difficult / rewarding.

For your next trick will you try to fold freshly clean laundry near a toddler eating melty chocolate chip cookies.

It took two sessions and about 2 hours total, because every fifth piece she'd decide she couldn't do it and I'd have to convince her she could.  I did few of the tougher parts I did myself.  I feel like it's great dexterity practice.  Generally, I pull out the pieces for the step or ask her to get 2 of the piece with 4 dots on top, etc. Every few pages I get her looking at the instructions so she can get some exposure to them.

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 7:56 AM, Jeffrey_Dollars said:

Great build. Had not built a proper lego ship in about 20 years.

Picked one up off OfferUp a couple days ago for $100 from the guy who apparently got most of the Walmart clearance in Jacksonville, not a Lego fan, just a guy who sells stuff. Figured I wouldn't find it that cheap any time soon. Dying to put it together, but I have literally nowhere left in my house to put it.

So I wanted to see if I could build a set and I’m supposed to move my arm to get my elbow to loosen up (that’s where the break is). Pulled out a smaller set I hadn’t built yet. Not too bad. Used my bad wing to collect each piece from the pile to get it some exercise. Nice little build. Bought this totally for the Ugnaut. 

Might bust out the Destiny’s Bounty next.  

11B9B3A8-1350-4869-AABA-0DB0A096DD73.jpeg

1860E594-20DF-4FC1-A511-496D565AA7DD.gif

Edited by TigerEyez
  • Like 4