What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

Guest TabbyBoy
On 09/10/2017 at 2:09 PM, marcandre said:

My wife and I built the Destiny's Bounty over the weekend (I got through bag 2 and she kicked me off & did the rest). First time she has built a set herself (almost).... It's a beautiful set, most detailed of all the lego ships imho. I sat it next to the Imperial Flagship once I got it to work. The Flagship is still my fav but this easily beats out the potc ships. Can't believe I have a Ninjago set on display! Highly recommend this one. 

Thanks for confirming the scale against the IF, very impressive for the price. I now can't wait to build my DB ;-)

Just now, thoroakenfelder said:

I remember you said you were going to look into building one when I did that last article. What alterations did you make? Do you know how much you saved?

I did mean to write it up my impressions but got the instructions through for U-wing just as I finished this. I think using just European sites I got the price down to around 280 GBP inc postage. would have been even cheaper if I had access to US sellers without high postage penalty.

As you can see the corrugated hoses are all slightly different shades of silver. I'm going to look at getting the right length hoses for each section, possibly in white. I'm also going to see about getting the thinner hoses that should be brown. Possibly buying longer length hoses and cutting them down to correct sizes.

12 minutes ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

I did mean to write it up my impressions but got the instructions through for U-wing just as I finished this. I think using just European sites I got the price down to around 280 GBP inc postage. would have been even cheaper if I had access to US sellers without high postage penalty.

As you can see the corrugated hoses are all slightly different shades of silver. I'm going to look at getting the right length hoses for each section, possibly in white. I'm also going to see about getting the thinner hoses that should be brown. Possibly buying longer length hoses and cutting them down to correct sizes.

Yeah, I noticed the various shades of silver. that was a shame.

1 hour ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

I personally like the variations in this silver. it makes it look more realistic. Rebels dont have perfect paint jobs, and standard parts. They have duct tape and wear. 

• Like 1