What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

16 hours ago, odysea11 said:
It all started with one of our fish having babies. We separated them in a breeding tank for a couple of days. But that was not enough....my wife and sons teamed up on me and begged for a bigger tank. Next thing I knew...we had decided to not only get a bigger tank, but also decided exactly how we wanted to decorate it. We love our Lego displays, and this was just another creative way to add to the collection. What the hell...right?!!
Great build! Very fragile! Great display piece!

That is outstanding. Love it!

• Like 2

I took a chance on eBay yesterday and bought a used, incomplete, Black Pearl #4184.  Pictures are below.  I figure I should be able to fill in the 4 missing sails, complete the minis (and missing two), the manuals and buy any missing pieces I don't have in storage for around $125 ish?  Easier for me to do something like this than drop about $250 up front (wife is preggers and would kill me I think) hah!  Any thoughts?

For those that have built these before, do you notice any expensive missing parts (outside of sails being about $25 for the four and $75 ish to complete the minis)?

Thanks!

Doh, just noticed I put in "build", not buy....please move the post if possible as I do not I can edit/move to the correct section.

bp2.thumb.jpg.c78242f0fb4e9ab40bba6e5a5dcef055.jpgbp6.thumb.jpg.9b10a8c55c9b451269ff975036949444.jpgbp4.thumb.jpg.da23680b80e65d2cff0bec348518242b.jpgbp3.thumb.jpg.9a97ca1f69c0c501b6eea8a7523fc2c6.jpgbp1.thumb.jpg.dbfe1a02b8346bbe410485a525ceafb5.jpgbp5.thumb.jpg.2ed4aeb058cb5f5101a3b6d969f449c5.jpg

Edited by Halfrig

10 hours ago, Halfrig said:

I took a chance on eBay yesterday and bought a used, incomplete, Black Pearl #4184.  Pictures are below.  I figure I should be able to fill in the 4 missing sails, complete the minis (and missing two), the manuals and buy any missing pieces I don't have in storage for around $125 ish?  Easier for me to do something like this than drop about $250 up front (wife is preggers and would kill me I think) hah!  Any thoughts?

Those missing mini fig parts are gonna set you back a bit, if you can find them...The shark head for Maccus only has 4 available.

20 minutes ago, Migration said:

Those missing mini fig parts are gonna set you back a bit, if you can find them...The shark head for Maccus only has 4 available.

Yeah, the head is about $7 cheaper than a whole figure, so I estimated $20 for replacing him, $45 for Davy replacement, $10 for Jack and Joshamee, $25 for the missing sails, $20 for manuals and about $15 for misc parts.

Built the Friends Hot Dog Truck with my daughter the other day.  

Also, decided to move my 10030 ISD to another location for display and had to apply some CPR as it was trying to fall apart and die on me.  The internal structure of that thing needs some serious Technic upgrades.  Mine does not sag but the two halves need more holding them together.

• Like 1