What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

Oh man, I've got so much in the pipeline at the moment.  Right now I'm working through the sets that I bought during Force Friday (just finished up the Resistance Transport Pod and Kylo Ren's Tie Fighter).  Next on deck is the Resistance Bomber, which I'm really interested in seeing put all together.  Also I've parted out 2 old sets from the 90's that I got when I was a kid, Blacktron 2's Aerial Intruder and Ice Planet 2002's Deep Freeze Defender (this is my favorite set from childhood - so I'm excited to put it back together).  I'm missing 2 pieces from the Ice Planet set, so the build on that one will have to wait until I get my parts order in from Bricklink.

Today my computer was giving me some trouble with getting video off of my camera to my computer.  So while the files were transferring, I built this old Blacktron 2 set: The Aerial Intruder!  It was a nice break from doing the newest Star Wars sets that I've been making my way through for my YouTube channel.  There's something about the sets from the 80's/90's space themes that are just awesome (for me).

21551772_2081066818788028_7506659306384403909_o.jpg

• Like 5

15 hours ago, TigerEyez said:

First off, Irma sucks. Things are pretty boring with no power, so I've been building some sets. The Batmobile was from a CL lot I got last week, that I already built a Brick Bounty from. The Technic BMW is from my "new sets to build" pile. And the Simpsons is a used one I picked up last year that I hadn't gotten around to yet, only missing one piece.

I was right there with you. We had just moved, and hadn't had a chance to unbox and rebuild all our sets, so Irma became a lego building party for me, the wife, and the kids. 30 sets pieced back together. As a reward, we unboxed and built Tie Striker, Droid Escape Pod, Clone Turbo Tank, and I started the Saturn V (but didn't finish yet, as I had to clean up the fallen trees in the yard :()

• Like 3

Awesome city.

Question for all you city builders with or without trains. After building the modulars and setting them up the way you want it, do you folks actually play with them like a kid would or leave them for display and to look at once in awhile moving a few things around? And as for trains I guess just switching them on and watching them move and then leaving them for display.

Awesome city.

Question for all you city builders with or without trains. After building the modulars and setting them up the way you want it, do you folks actually play with them like a kid would or leave them for display and to look at once in awhile moving a few things around? And as for trains I guess just switching them on and watching them move and then leaving them for display.

I played with my trains every few weeks until I put them all away. I never touch my modulars but little hands have found them when they come to visit and I'm missing a minifig as a result.

I've been gathering plant pieces and tan plates from all over my bulk and last night I built a fair sized beach scene for my new Shoretroopers and a bunch of stormies too. Couldn't get a good picture so I'll try to post one later. In the past week I built a 75049 Snowspeeder, Kylo Ren's TIE Fighter, and the newest A-Wing. I liked the improvements in the A-Wing over the Darth Vader's TIE Fighter vs. A-Wing. I really liked that one when I built it, but this is better. Still trying to decide about building the Jedi Starfighter with Hyperdrive Ring and Rebel Combat Frigate.

• Like 1