What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

I built the 7239 Fire Truck (2004) when I got home from work and I needed some Lego therapy after a long day.  We have all been there.  The partially built truck was in with some parts I got for free from a neighbor and I ordered most of the few missing parts (still need one ladder) on Bricklink and they were part of an order for some missing parts I needed for an Indiana Jones set.  Some substitutions were made, but it happens and since it is for me I like it even better.

I had lots of fun deciding on minifigures for this this set since the original ones were missing, decided to get a female firefighter to make my daughter happy and added the scuba diver that is not part of the original set.  He seems a natural fit with the life raft.  The raft is supposed to be dark gray, but I like the orange one better.  

The firefighter set is one I got from Lego Shop at Home about two years ago and it is finally time break the bad boy open.

This set is one of the City Sets to Remember in The Lego Book, a book I can look at for hours if given the time.  I have used it as a reference book many times too.

DSC09375 - Resized.JPG

DSC09372 - Resized.JPG

DSC09376 - Resized.JPG

Edited by LegoWalker4
  • Like 5

So I started checking out this used Disney Castle I picked up today. The seller said "only the first bag open". I bought it with a partially built Helicarrier. Some of the Bag 1 parts were mixed in with the Helicarrier, but only 5 small, easily replaceable parts were missing and the sticker sheet.   Tried to look at some unboxing videos to see if the rest of the bags are there, but they pretty much all just dumped them out and maybe counted, none organized them in to groups by number.  Does anybody have a list of how many bags of each number there are?  

Pic of bag 1 assemble. Nice build, I actually had to unbuilt parts on three occasions, which is unusual for me.  This would be a very difficult set for a Disney-only (non-Lego) fan to build. All of the minifigs are there, so no way I lose money on this. 

If I want to maximize profit and speed of sale, would you recommend selling as "open-box, one set of bags open" leaving the rest sealed or just go ahead and build it all the way for photographing and sell as used? Instructions are a little beat up and box is pretty bad.

IMG_4039.JPG

• Like 1

Build it sell used no box. You will get to enjoy the build and don't think there will be much difference in sale price since it would have to be sold as used with sealed bags  not New Other  

Check the how many bags thread and the hellicarrier thread to see if someone posted pics. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pseudoty said:

Build it sell used no box. You will get to enjoy the build and don't think there will be much difference in sale price since it would have to be sold as used with sealed bags  not New Other  

Check the how many bags thread and the hellicarrier thread to see if someone posted pics. 

I do believe I was the only soul willing to build the helicarrier way back when...  I just didn't blog about it.  Not quite a blogger yet!

6 hours ago, ravenb99 said:

I do believe I was the only soul willing to build the helicarrier way back when...  I just didn't blog about it.  Not quite a blogger yet!

I'm pretty stoked, because I've been dying to build the sealed one I picked last year for $250. So, I'll tear this one down and rebuild it. 

8 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

Thanks that what I wanted to hear!

• Like 1

Over the past couple days I have been busy with used sets that I ordered the missing parts for:

5973 Hyperspeed Pursuit
5982 Smash n Grab
7292 Propeller Adeventures
7622 Race for the Stolen Treasure
8016 Hyena Droid Bomber
8669 Fire Spinner 360
9471 Uruk-hai Army
79107 Comanche Camp
79108 Stagecoach Escape (picture is before I got the missing hat and mini)

IMG_2012.JPG

IMG_2023.JPG

IMG_2037.JPG

IMG_2028.JPG

Edited by Halfrig
  • Like 7