What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 10:52 PM, lego rules said:
I love this set.  By far the most unorthodox building techniques of any set I have built to date.  Kudos to TLG for Making it very sturdy.
I am not sure yet how I am going to rearrange and fit this in yet though.  I was hoping to display vertically.

Just finished building mine today. Lots of little repetitions along the way but it is such a great build with bonkers techniques all along the way that you can't help but stay absorbed by it. It looks fabulous and by about half way I had already decided it NEEDS a custom built case to display it in. Just need to decide whether it will be vertical or horizontal. I love it

• Like 5

I built Krennic's shuttle today and the striker on Friday. The striker has really grown on me. The elongated body isn't my favorite, but I love the length and shape of the wings. The mechanism to move the wings and lock them in place are nice.

The shuttle was ok. The wings are huge, but I hate the body shape. Not thrilled about the ball joints for the wings. I'm less sure of the friction keeping them up than the ratchets in the tyderium. Interesting how every panel is designed to open. You can carry 5 characters and stash 4 guns in back. Honestly, I got this set for the figures. 

• Like 3

Wal-Mart clearance helping his collection along. At a dollar to 2.50 a piece we cleared the shelves. One of each for him.

He already snubs the mega bloks. He finds it much easier to use the short LEGO studs in comparison to the one bulky mega blok stud.

20170612_183340-1.jpg

Edited by brickvoyeur
  • Like 4

Rebrickable is awesome and bricklink can be addictively convenient.  My first moc came from open set stock and bricks and pieces orders from LEGO.  Today I'm up to 9 mocs on the go.  I like to keep the pipeline full. :)

Looks great!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kd123 said:

Rebrickable is awesome and bricklink can be addictively convenient.  My first moc came from open set stock and bricks and pieces orders from LEGO.  Today I'm up to 9 mocs on the go.  I like to keep the pipeline full. :)

Looks great!

This was a conscious decision to break down my "normal" sets and to stick to UCS style sets. 75050,75054,75055,75096 & 75105 have all been sacrificed so far.

I've also got Anio's a-wing, quigons venator and the huge zeta class transporter(Rogue One) on my list for this year.

2 hours ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

This was a conscious decision to break down my "normal" sets and to stick to UCS style sets. 75050,75054,75055,75096 & 75105 have all been sacrificed so far.

I've also got Anio's a-wing, quigons venator and the huge zeta class transporter(Rogue One) on my list for this year.

Having pretty much worked through the backlog of UCS sets, I'm now turning my focus to UCS MOCs as well.  Already built Mort's Nebulon Medical Frigate and Cavegod's  Tie Defender.  Currently building a mini-figure scale AT-AT, based on Cavegod's AT-AT.  Got the rest of Mort's rebel fleet planned (specifically rebel transports and the Tantive IV) as well as Docking Bay 27.  Will probably also do the Rogue one, since that is amazing and reasonably cheap to source all bricks, given the number of pieces.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, LahH001 said:

Having pretty much worked through the backlog of UCS sets, I'm now turning my focus to UCS MOCs as well.  Already built Mort's Nebulon Medical Frigate and Cavegod's  Tie Defender.  Currently building a mini-figure scale AT-AT, based on Cavegod's AT-AT.  Got the rest of Mort's rebel fleet planned (specifically rebel transports and the Tantive IV) as well as Docking Bay 27.  Will probably also do the Rogue one, since that is amazing and reasonably cheap to source all bricks, given the number of pieces.

I'd love to build some of those MOCs but need to put larger builds on hold until I've raised cash for the garden man cave to put the existing collection in first.

14 hours ago, ichiroll said:

Finished building this today. Very fast build since there aren't a lot of pieces. Still love the design and I think it displays very very well. Can't believe it's 15+ year old set.

This is one of the old LEGO Star Wars builds where the usage of odd colors (in this case blue) looks stylish in a way. Being a good design to begin with also helps.

• Like 2