What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

Months ago I bought a 30 pound lot from Goodwill and just hadn't had the gumption to open it.  So this weekend to avoid cleaning I started sorting it.  After sorting it looked like the first picture.  I built the first set out of the lot, which was a Raiders Temple Escape.  The only thing missing from the entire set was two of the eight gold coins, crazy.  Already posted it to BL and CL, this would more than pay for the original buy, plus there's some portion of a 6210 Jabba's Sail Barge (all the figs and sails are there) and an Exo-Force Sentai Fortress.  There are also a bunch of Technic instructions, I'll have to see what's actually there.  I'll keep the Sail Barge and sell everything else.

IMG_3178.JPG

IMG_3180.JPG

• Like 5

Having now built this, it's no wonder why Lego haven't released a UCS AT-AT. Despite his being well designed and structurally very stable it was a bit of nightmare putting everything together. I spent almost a day attaching the head onto the body. Biggest build to date coming in at just over 6700 pieces. Hopefully that will be topped by the new Falcon and then my UCS collection is complete with respect of in my opinion all of the iconic ships in Star Wars universe.

I'm actually kinda jealous! Very Nice!

I am working on 60080 Spaceport.  This one looked really good for being a normal set (I have never built anything City from new).  I have not went down the UCS, Expert path yet for anything.  I am up to book 5 (final book and it is for the boosters).

Next set to build is either the 75158 Rebel Combat Frigate, 6211 Star Destroyer or 8039 Venator-Class  Republic Attack Cruiser.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Huskers1236 said:

You gotta straighten out those lightsabers @uaford, what ocd I have is kicking in big time.  GG looks like he has NERF sabers there.

Ha!  I straightened it out right after I took the pic.  It bothered me as well...but I decided to post the pics as they were and let it bother many of you too:)

3 hours ago, kris_1973 said:

Love your old shop case @uaford - Looking good!  (Jealous of your Shuttle too!

Thanks!  It was originally in an old pharmacy in Birmingham, AL in the 20s, and I picked it up about 20 years ago when the family that used to own the pharmacy sold it in the classifieds.  Good ole pre-craigslist days when you had work for a find.  Lol.

• Like 3

Last night I finished building the 31070 Turbo Track Racer (Creator 3-in-1). The A-model to be precise, after having built the C-model and B-model respectively first.

I have to say: this is a really nice 3-in-1 set! Interesting building techniques used on all three models which all look good in their own ways. But the best and most attractive model is of course the A-model: the Turbo Track Racer. It's only slightly smaller in scale than the Creator Expert Ferrari F40 but fits just fine in the range of large LEGO Creator cars.

If you like large LEGO Cars and can get this set at a good discount it's highly recommended!

• Like 6

Last night I finished the Lone Ranger Comanche Tent and Stagecoach Escape (missing one mini) from my second used lot. Also finished my first City set (from new that is) 60080. I like the shuttle and platform but the cart, radar and countdown can go. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Halfrig said:

Last night I finished the Lone Ranger Comanche Tent and Stagecoach Escape (missing one mini) from my second used lot. Also finished my first City set (from new that is) 60080. I like the shuttle and platform but the cart, radar and countdown can go. 

The Lone Ranger was a decent theme.  Definitely  under appreciated in my opinion 

• Like 5

Coincidentally I just finished my 10198 Tantive IV. I got it in a Shopgoodwill auction for about $25. It was missing the minifigures, 4 large dishes, and the radar on top. I substituted light gray dishes and a black radar.

At some point I'm going to start writing Goodwill reviews for the site ("The Good(will), the Bad and the Ugly").

That buy definitely falls into the Good category.

2 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

At some point I'm going to start writing Goodwill reviews for the site ("The Good(will), the Bad and the Ugly").

That buy definitely falls into the Good category.

I Made a mistake of buying the other lot that the same location was selling at the same time, in case there were parts scattered in 2 boxes. I got a big lot of nothing in the second box. Thankfully it wasn't a bad price for loose bricks, but I would have felt better about everything if I would have gotten something in the second lot.

I also recall the time I picked a complete 7965 for $20 because it was just a pile of gray bricks with a Ben Kenobi barely showing. Of course I also overpaid on a lot because I saw chunks of a 6210 Jaba's Sail Barge and the few pieces I saw were all there was and the bottom was full of Bionicles.

• Like 2