What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

5 hours ago, Pedilego said:
We just finished our Carousel, too. I'll add a couple of what the 3 fairground sets like like together (plus a petting zoo, Friends cotton candy stand, etc.) (sorry about the poor lighting):

Also built the new Wonder Woman set (and added some other Justice League members to the fray):

Looks good! Can we get a shot of the petting zoo?

Went out and picked up some Walmart clearance while visiting my sister's family for the weekend.  They also had some friends visiting who have an 8 yo who was pretty keen on my Lego enterprise, so I gave him one of the Death Trooper buildables and helped him a little with the build. It was pretty nice. Not sure why these buildables don't do better. He loved it

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

Looks good! Can we get a shot of the petting zoo?

Thanks, and sure; it's nothing fancy:

IMG_6530.thumb.JPG.45c95702346f57c57d4bff0201df4a9c.JPG

Since I was at it anyways -- one more angle on the fairgrounds. My wife decided to take a float around the area on Joker's balloon contraption lol

IMG_6546.thumb.JPG.319e37af64316c780b0d9c4c4d56f010.JPG

• Like 8

17 hours ago, Furious_george said:

My son finally finished off the Seacow. Our first ever ship and , I have to say , I'm very impressed. Love the colours and the ship design. So used to SW grey and black , it's great to see other colours in a set . Much bigger than I had imagined when the hull pieces were first put together.

Looks awesome mate, thanks for posting up the pic! :)

• Like 1

Built 70911 penguins arctic roller with my 4 year old
43b8666442942952b2762e89124419a7.jpg
Batman has no cape as the 2 year old has a tendency to yank them off!
Lovely looking finished build apart from a minor annoyance...
10e3cac34923b95bf4cfb8ef0daa6315.jpg
I get why Lego goes multicoloured on the inside but IMO this should not be visible during display OR play.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, jaisonline said:
5th bag done for the Silent Mary. Pulled the sharks and minifigures before the build for the kids. 

Don't know why Lego spread the figures over multiple bags. They should all go in bag 1 - gives the kids something to play with while you build their Lego ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Poppy2612 said:

Don't know why Lego spread the figures over multiple bags. They should all go in bag 1 - gives the kids something to play with while you build their Lego ;)

Have you not read all the stories of people buying sets to only find bags missing inside where people have snatched them and returned the set. How much more would that happen if all of the most valuable product in a set were in the one bag?

Have you not read all the stories of people buying sets to only find bags missing inside where people have snatched them and returned the set. How much more would that happen if all of the most valuable product in a set were in the one bag?

Know a couple of people who have been caught out by that scam

Since I've put sorting through my few used lots to the side, I've picked back up building over sorting.  My current build is the U-Wing.  I usually stick to 2-3 bags per evening to spread out build times. 

IMG_1934.PNG

Sets I have set aside to build currently:

Star Wars
75096 Sith Infiltrator
75148 Encounter on Jakku
75157 Captain Rex's AT-TE
75158 Rebel Combat Frigate
75169 Duel on Naboo
75171 Battle on Scarif
75172 Y-Wing Starfighter

Batman Movie:
70900/70903 double pack (Joker Balloon Escape/Riddler Riddle Racer)
70908 Scuttler (wife has done the first two bags as she mostly does this series)

City (don't build city new from box, only what I part from used lots so far):
60080 Spaceport (got at BN clearance and plan to build one for myself as it looks like a nice set)

I also picked up a 6211 Star Destroyer and 8039 Venator for a good price (already built and still assembled).  I need to eventually break down, wash and rebuild for my collection too.

Any suggestions? :)

Edited by Halfrig

Greetings,

Today i build the magazine gift SW911724-1: A-Wing.

I think it looks and matches the movie A-Wing really good.

The only issue is that the thrusters on the back are very wobbly.

I did not build LEGO for about 15 years and i always stumble over weird new bricks.

This A-Wing has two weird "negative" bricks underneath it.

Never seen this before...

75dd40e33b5ed68668261f3595eb618f.jpg

2ba084fc20bac5d1e61ca27ed9aa5c2b.jpg

540ead4a0c3cb2045d8d0c14d8a17d1a.jpg

• Like 2

On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 9:31 PM, Baragon said:

I just finished 8037 Anakin's Y-Wing. It is part of a large Star Wars lot I picked up a few months ago. This is the first build I haven't enjoyed since getting back into Lego. It was repetitive and I'm fairly confident that the engines will fall off if I look at it the wrong way!

The engines stay on ok. However the parts that make up the white stripes probably will fall off

• Like 2

Building Gold Leader's Y-Wing to check if an open box purchase is complete. Bags #2 and #3 were sealed, they broke the seal for #1. Fortunately it included all 3 minifigs with accessories, even if they were assembled.

I'm through Bag 1--still have a handful of replacement parts I need. Is there any merit to keeping #2 and #3 intact or should I just go ahead and finish the set?

Edited by mizeur

Building Gold Leader's Y-Wing to check if an open box purchase is complete. Bags #2 and #3 were sealed, they broke the seal for #1. Fortunately it included all 3 minifigs with accessories, even if they were assembled.
I'm through Bag 1--still have a handful of replacement parts I need. Is there any merit to keeping #2 and #3 intact or should I just go ahead and finish the set?

At this stage of its life just build it.

23 hours ago, AuferstandenAusRuine said:

This A-Wing has two weird "negative" bricks underneath it.

Never seen this before...

The inverted tiles are still relatively new being introduced five years ago and have predominantly been dark bluish gray followed by tan then white in color usage.

• Like 1