What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

17 hours ago, California92563 said:

I love it and the looks of it but I HATED the build lol.

I have actually enjoyed the build: daughters were helping every once in a while and they kept "wowing" as The Tower ("of Orthanc" since this last comment went into a new page) was growing... I did not spend much time examining details in pictures and such before getting my unit: building every room/floor was a genuine discovery and I really enjoyed all the details

Edited by Simon74

Finished a certain giant black tank last night. Helluva build.  

Also Did this polybag I found at Target this morning.  What a great little build.  Nice palette cleanser after the lengthy Tumbler build.  

jokers.jpg

poly.jpg

Edited by Ecto
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, Ecto said:

Finished a certain giant black tank last night. Helluva build. 

Did you build a bat-tank?

Today I finished my Ghostbusters building. From the Ideas set I only built the Ecto 1. That's because I think about selling the minifigures as I plan on getting the Firehouse Headquarters at some point. Then, the minifigures would be redundant.

The abundance of silver/metallic pieces used in the Ideas version is a nice touch. Also, no stickers to be seen!

P1160520.JPG

The last build was the new Ecto 1 & 2 set. On the plus side, it has functioning doors and seats for the whole Ghostbusters team. I could do without the stickers though. The new hairpieces are cool.

P1160529.JPG

Both Ectos are nice builds and look cool but they seem to be rather large compared to the figures.

Finally, a shot with both Ectos next to each other:

P1160501.JPG

• Like 5

I did some Ninjago building (Tiger Widow Island/The Lighthouse Siege) and just finished 70594. The minifigures are not my cup of tea. There's two exceptions though with one being Wu (which I already had from his own dragon set) and the other being Echo Zane (without his hairpiece). The small robot Tai-D is neat, too.

P1160586.JPGP1160591.JPG

Also, the Lighthouse Siege is a set where the light-brick function really shines (pun intended).

P1160580.JPG

• Like 9

Built the latest Star Wars advent calendar today. I only opened the minifigures I'm sure to keep. The droids are great, as is the snow Chewbacca. Some mini builds look really good, e.g. Slave I. Also, it would've been nice to get a stand for the TIE Interceptor mini build.

And I thought the retailers around me started Xmas early... ;)
  • Like 2

On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 1:46 PM, Brian Briggs said:
Built the latest Star Wars advent calendar today. I only opened the minifigures I'm sure to keep. The droids are great, as is the snow Chewbacca. Some mini builds look really good, e.g. Slave I. Also, it would've been nice to get a stand for the TIE Interceptor mini build.

Is it bad the Bespin Guard is my favorite from this year's calendar?

3 hours ago, Sfcommando14 said:

I started my first modular build last night. So far, I'm a fan. My daughter also loved it when she came down for breakfast before school. I'll probably try to get through he rest of book 1 during the Cubs game tonight. 

And so begins the next phase of your hoarding, err, collecting.... ;)

• Like 2

Just now, gregpj said:

And so begins the next phase of your hoarder, err, collecting.... ;)

I'm excited for it.  I knew this was going to happen, so I already have a place picked out to display and play with the new city that will be springing up in our home.  Now I just need to start finding the right prices on used modulars...

54 minutes ago, Sfcommando14 said:

I started my first modular build last night. So far, I'm a fan. My daughter also loved it when she came down for breakfast before school. I'll probably try to get through he rest of book 1 during the Cubs game tonight. 

Sweet! I have six modulars to build but I decided to wait until I move which sadly won't be until the end of next year :(, which really means I won't star building until 2018. Have fun and go Cubs!!

• Like 1