What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

1 hour ago, Phil B said:

75900 mummy museum mystery for $5 at WM

Wizard of Oz and Krusty Fun Packs for $8 after BOGOF and Target GC

(What I hope is a babysitter/teen mom) Series 16 CMF for RRP

EDIT: posted in wrong thread, can a Mod please move this to the buy thread?

There's still time to build these today. :clapping:

Well, here are a few small builds from myself.

75011 Tantive IV & Planet Alderaan: Alderaan is the plant resembling Earth the most, and I can imagine using it in a museum lobby in the future.

P1160182.JPG

LEGO Dimensions 71228 Ghostbusters (Ecto-1/Peter Venkman/Ghost Trap): I wanted the non-slimed version of Peter Venkman to add to the Firehouse Headquarters when I get that set at some point. Also, I was surprised that the Ecto-1 build is obviously supposed to be the full car as it doesn't look that way on the packaging with only front wheels being visible.

P1160188.JPG

P1160191.JPG

• Like 9

20 hours ago, Lego Templar said:

Biggest set I've ever built. I was not a fan of no bag numbers but I'm happy with the finished product!

Starting Big Ben now (as you can see)

I kinda dug the unnumbered bags. Make you earn it! Big Ben is on my to-do list. Does not really jump out in photos, but seeing it in the Lego Shop really sold me on the details and displayability.

10178 Motorised AT-AT and 75074 Microfighter Snowspeeder

The AT-AT is probably my new favorite set. I know it is not as good as some previous models, however I love the Motorised function. I really hope Lego do an updated UCS Motorised AT-AT on a bigger scale, as this set was only 1137 pieces.

rsz_20161006_204800.jpg

• Like 9

Happy with final outcome, it was much larger than I anticipated.

I have a sealed box at home, but after seeing the size of a built one I'm kinda hesitant. It takes up so much space and there are so many other sets that are way more display friendly than a Porsche. That's my opinion anyway.

I have a sealed box at home, but after seeing the size of a built one I'm kinda hesitant. It takes up so much space and there are so many other sets that are way more display friendly than a Porsche. That's my opinion anyway.

The set takes up less room than the box. #justsayin ;)
  • Like 1

We are in the process of building some duds.  Arkham Asylum Breakout, Tower of Orthanc and I believe it is time to crack the seals on a Haunted House.

The ToO has a lot of black pieces.

EDIT: Haunted house is not considered a dud.  Just slightly disappointed with the current trend.

Edited by Rodeogeorge

22 minutes ago, Rodeogeorge said:

We are in the process of building some duds.  Arkham Asylum Breakout, Tower of Orthanc and I believe it is time to crack the seals on a Haunted House.

EDIT: Haunted house is not considered a dud.  Just slightly disappointed with the current trend.

Don't know why you're so disappointed, those will surely be fun to build and look great on display. ;)

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Rodeogeorge said:

Not sure what trend you're seeing, but I don't have one and the longer I wait the more likely I am to not have one. :) 

30 minutes ago, lazuli16 said:

Not sure what trend you're seeing, but I don't have one and the longer I wait the more likely I am to not have one. :) 

That price has been stagnant for an entire year. I guess not a current trend, more of an ongoing malaise.

Edited by Rodeogeorge

Build some stuff from LEGO Dimensions today.

I started with Adventure Time level pack and Harry Potter team pack. Lord Voldemort is absent as he won't be staying in this household.

P1160412.JPG

P1160416.JPG

The next build was the Ghostbusters story pack. This was the first time that I encountered stickers in a Dimensions set:

P1160405.JPG

What a bummer! I had hoped that they would print all those pieces but besides the minifigure only 3 pieces were printed, e.g. the small Ghostbusters sign. I don't really mind smaller stickers that are easy to apply but those big transparent stickers were a real pain. Due to dust particles and a bubble they now don't look the best upon closer inspection. Another issue is the sticker for the Ghostbusters sign which isn't opaque enough to look white on a black background.

P1160424.JPG

Up next are more Ghostbuster builds. Hopefully I can finish those tomoroow.

• Like 3