What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

Even though I've been waiting to crack open Cinda's castle, tonight I was watching the dark knight, and thought to myself, it's about time I crack one of my tumblers open, they aren't making any money at the moment so I might aswell get some enjoyment out of it!! Book 1 finished tonight, relatively complex build but very enjoyable so far!!

eef1268c0fe65dea250a2d0962720693.jpg57c0987ab522711c9b3bea5136257d60.jpg

• Like 9

6 hours ago, Manse1001 said:

Even though I've been waiting to crack open Cinda's castle, tonight I was watching the dark knight, and thought to myself, it's about time I crack one of my tumblers open, they aren't making any money at the moment so I might aswell get some enjoyment out of it!! Book 1 finished tonight, relatively complex build but very enjoyable so far!!

You'll not regret opening that set.  Might not be climbing fast as an investment but as a model its great. I think it's such a good model it will do very well once those happy to sell sets for little profit have sold their stock. 

• Like 3

I built the 10252 Limited Edition VW Beetle one-two weeks ago and I have enclosed a picture below.

I am willing to sell this set for $150US because it's an extremely limited edition and this set is only available if you have the unique knowledge or contacts of the Lego design team.

Photo:

10252LE.jpg

Ok, it's just a 10252 Beetle with three extra cheese slopes: Two "speed holes" on the front hood and one on the back. :D

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Manse1001 said:

That thing is a brick until you get to the outer panels and doodads.

My daughter finished up with her Heartlake Mall 41058 that she got for her birthday.  She had a little help from me on the many stickers once she was tired of them.  It was her biggest build so far other than the MF which she and her brother did at Christmas, and she seemed to like it a lot.  Next up for her:  The Heartlake Hotel.

Heartlake Mall 41058 Box.JPG

Heartlake Mall 41058 1.JPG

• Like 7

On 8/23/2016 at 2:50 PM, uaford said:

My daughter finished up with her Heartlake Mall 41058 that she got for her birthday.  She had a little help from me on the many stickers once she was tired of them.  It was her biggest build so far other than the MF which she and her brother did at Christmas, and she seemed to like it a lot.  Next up for her:  The Heartlake Hotel.

Nice build! I would love a report on the Heartlake Hotel when your daughter builds it- my niece has her eye on that one, but she knows that Aunt Misa won't buy it for her unless it goes on sale. :)

Funny thing about stickers- my niece LOVES them! She will literally go through an entire build SO EXCITED about when she might get to put the next sticker on!

• Like 4

I built the SW FO Tie Fighter today and I am impressed.  I also have the 9492 version and thought it was just a re-coloring of the old one too (insert cheese wedge analogy here if you wish).  I realize there have been many comparisons and I have seen the videos and read the other reviews, both here and on the web.  Until I built this one and I compared them for myself it did really did not sink in.  The wings really do attach so much better on the new one and the dual co-pilots and cockpits are first rate.  I have no fear of my kids playing with the new one because it is so sturdy.  The coloring on the original is iconic and is still my favorite though.  I tempted to re-build my 9492 using the new wing attachment technique. :)

• Like 1

My son wanted a challenging build but doesn't like Technic sets, so I offered the heavily discounted UCS Tie that we got from Amazon to him.  We built it and it turned out great.  It's a really nice display set and pretty impressively sized.  It's just slightly overpriced at $200 - I think it would sell much better at $150.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

Not quite today but built a few sets recently. 

First is my First Order Transporter mod.

I never liked the dimensions of the Lego First Order Transporter it was way too short and stubby. So when i got chance to pick up a second set on the cheap i thought I'd use it to extend the original and sell off my second  to claw back half the costs.

I still need to order some extra 2×4 flat tiles to cover the sides but overall in happy.  I've extended it by 10 studs and will get a FO Battle pack to fill it rather than the current rebels. 

I've also started experimenting with my many bridge battles. I've put two together in a reconfigured order. But think I'm going to use the span from a third set to get a full bridge effect. 

Last but not least i picked up a Turbo Tank because a: I didn't have one and b: Argos were selling it with 22% Off.

I'm glad i got hold of it that way because i don't think it's really a £100 set when compared with Kylo Rens Shuttle or dare I say it, the Sith Infiltrator.

Bear in mind I've not seen or built any of the previous turbo tanks for comparison but it just feels a bit flimsy and lightweight for the cost. Luckily these days the Lego RRP's don't last very long after launch and £75 I'd say is about the right price point for this set.

I just can't wait for the Rogue One sets as the summer releases have been uninspiring and over priced.  I will pick up the TFA set when decent reductions come along but most of the builds are a bit Meh and I'm not really into Rebels.

nice pillows :)