What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

In the GBHQ thread somebody reviewed it and said it was green slime. I don't remember slime coming out of the toilet in the movies

I just watched GB2 recently and I think there's a scene where they are in a bathroom and that happens. I'm not thinking of the Oscar getting a bath scene. It may be when they were developing the photos and the photos catch fire.

30 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

I just watched GB2 recently and I think there's a scene where they are in a bathroom and that happens. I'm not thinking of the Oscar getting a bath scene. It may be when they were developing the photos and the photos catch fire.

I just watched it last week, but I was probably checking BP when/if that happened

On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 6:44 PM, TigerEyez said:

In the GBHQ thread somebody reviewed it and said it was green slime. I don't remember slime coming out of the toilet in the movies

I believe the ectoplasm is just one of those designer details added in for good measure. There was no similar scene in either of the two original films and best I can imagine if the feature were taken from somewhere would be the animated series as Slimer was a mainstay "pet" character throughout.

22 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

Finished building a set I wanted for a long time:

I Bricklinked this one last year and just now had time to put it together. Out of 2767 pieces, that I have carefully counted multiple times, I was still missing two.

I could tell I messed up the inventory somewhere because I had one extra tan 1x8 brick (missing a 1x6) and one extra 1x1 white plate (missing a 1x1 white cheese wedge, insert DS joke here).

Will check inventory and put them into the model. Next is to figure out whether I want to keep it or sell it.

Keep. Inevitably you'll decide you want it back and it will cost you more time (and probably money) to BL again or a big pile of money to buy someone else's set. I sold my  bricklinked 10210 Flagship last fall, and although I more than doubled my investment it was a stupid decision. 

• Like 4

I know this one won't receive many if any likes but I purchased a Simpsons house today, I already have one in my personal collection along side my Kwick-e-Mart so purchased this for 'investment'.  £135 after online discount and TRU gift cards.  I know the minifigs haven't performed well but I loved building this set and I think it looks great on display, plus I'd kick myself if it did do well after EOL.  I figure that there will always be adult Simpsons fans out there and I don't predict a remake on the horizon so I took a punt. Decent enough discount for an exclusive so I'll just have to wait and see.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

Finished building a set I wanted for a long time:
I Bricklinked this one last year and just now had time to put it together. Out of 2767 pieces, that I have carefully counted multiple times, I was still missing two.

I could tell I messed up the inventory somewhere because I had one extra tan 1x8 brick (missing a 1x6) and one extra 1x1 white plate (missing a 1x1 white cheese wedge, insert DS joke here).

Will check inventory and put them into the model. Next is to figure out whether I want to keep it or sell it.

What’s the build like? I’m 50/50 on opening one, but after being disappointed with CC, I’m not sure.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, biking_tiger said:

How did you like the build? It was my first modular, and although some have maligned it, I was hooked. 

I started building the modular series a few months ago, and started with the Fire Brigade, did GE and PS, and now TH.  I enjoyed the build.  It took me about a week to put it together (just about an hour a night or so).  But the build wasn't boring or repetitive.  I enjoyed a lot of the steps, and was surprised at how things came together.  There were a few times when I thought, "wow, that's creative."  I remember building the main chair for the upstairs conference room and thinking, "oh, I can definitely see that as a chair, even if I never thought of that."  Many times, I was left to wonder - how is this coming together?

41 minutes ago, Deadfraggle said:

Keep. Inevitably you'll decide you want it back and it will cost you more time (and probably money) to BL again or a big pile of money to buy someone else's set. I sold my  bricklinked 10210 Flagship last fall, and although I more than doubled my investment it was a stupid decision. 

I agree.  That was a stupid decision.  :lol: I love the ships, and a 10210....man, I would keep that so hard.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, feed said:

What’s the build like? I’m 50/50 on opening one, but after being disappointed with CC, I’m not sure.  

I haven't built CC, GG or MS, so I can't answer to those.  I didn't like FB, which was my first build (and the next earliest release).

I've been enjoying the builds as they've gone on.  I think techniques have improved over time.  Even though GE is my favorite building so far, I think the build techniques have definitely improved each time through the four I've built.

Palace Cinema is next on the list, and I'm really looking forward to that one.  That one I'm planning on keeping, because I love the idea of switching out the movie posters often.

@Alpinemaps I hate to hijack the thread here, but I notice the smugglers bounty and legion of collectors boxes on your table behind the Town Hall. My kids and i have subscriptions to both of those plus the marvel collectors corps. I love the Funko boxes.

Here is my question. What if LEGO offered a subscription box service? Do you think people would be interested? I'm thinking a combination of items like exclusive minifigure  polybags + a small set about the size of the holiday promos + a LEGO tee shirt, and then something like an item from their home/stationary line etc. Maybe throw in a key chain or extra coupon for in-store use etc.

5 minutes ago, Deadfraggle said:

@Alpinemaps I hate to hijack the thread here, but I notice the smugglers bounty and legion of collectors boxes on your table behind the Town Hall. My kids and i have subscriptions to both of those plus the marvel collectors corps. I love the Funko boxes.

Here is my question. What if LEGO offered a subscription box service? Do you think people would be interested? I'm thinking a combination of items like exclusive minifigure  polybags + a small set about the size of the holiday promos + a LEGO tee shirt, and then something like an item from their home/stationary line etc. Maybe throw in a key chain or extra coupon for in-store use etc.

I'll start a thread and we can discuss...

• Like 2