What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

1 hour ago, Alpinemaps said:

I haven't built CC, GG or MS, so I can't answer to those.  I didn't like FB, which was my first build (and the next earliest release).

I've been enjoying the builds as they've gone on.  I think techniques have improved over time.  Even though GE is my favorite building so far, I think the build techniques have definitely improved each time through the four I've built.

Palace Cinema is next on the list, and I'm really looking forward to that one.  That one I'm planning on keeping, because I love the idea of switching out the movie posters often.

I loved building Palace cinema even though Creator buildings had never really interested me when I came back out of the dark ages. Originally bought a few as investments when they were on offer but I ran out of things to build so opened one thinking same as you with regards to changing out posters. I actually am really impressed with some of the ideas they come up with to represent things on a small scale. 

Inevitably that has led to buying more Creator buildings, I've just finished the Pet Shop and intend to buy the rest of the current line now although I'm not paying over the odds to delve into the back catalog.

PR next i think as the next oldest set still available.  I really want to build Brick Bank but logic says i should leave that until last. 

Edited by Fenix_2k1
  • Like 4

18 minutes ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

I loved building Palace cinema even though Creator buildings had never really interested me when I came back out of the dark ages. Originally bought a few as investments when they were on offer but I ran out of things to build so opened one thinking same as you with regards to changing it posters. I actually am really impressed with some of the ideas they come up with to represent things on a small scale. 

Inevitably that has led to buying more Creator buildings, I've just finished the Pet Shop and intend to buy the rest of the current line now although I'm not paying over the odds to delve into the back catalog.

PR next i think as the next oldest set still available.  I really want to build Brick Bank but logic says i should leave that until last. 

I'm in the same boat, having finished a lot of SW buillds that were on my wish list I'm now leaning towards modulars as after building such sets as the GB Firehouse and Simpsons sets I really like the detail and micro builds within.  I'm trying to convince my wife to let me dedicate a room to my hobby and create a lego Town but for now I'm just going to have to build a Modular street on a shelf!! I'm also gutted that I missed the boat on the likes of Town Hall and Emporium but like you I'm reluctant to pay over the odds for them via ebay even though I expect others to do the same on the eol sets that I sell !!! lol

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Deadfraggle said:

@Alpinemaps I hate to hijack the thread here, but I notice the smugglers bounty and legion of collectors boxes on your table behind the Town Hall. My kids and i have subscriptions to both of those plus the marvel collectors corps. I love the Funko boxes.

Here is my question. What if LEGO offered a subscription box service? Do you think people would be interested? I'm thinking a combination of items like exclusive minifigure  polybags + a small set about the size of the holiday promos + a LEGO tee shirt, and then something like an item from their home/stationary line etc. Maybe throw in a key chain or extra coupon for in-store use etc.

I'll answer your question in the new thread created here:

4 hours ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

I loved building Palace cinema even though Creator buildings had never really interested me when I came back out of the dark ages. Originally bought a few as investments when they were on offer but I ran out of things to build so opened one thinking same as you with regards to changing out posters. I actually am really impressed with some of the ideas they come up with to represent things on a small scale. 

After PC, it's PR, DO, and BB.

I'm planning on building in that order.  I just haven't secured a BB for personal build yet.

3 hours ago, Kevink24 said:

Eventually, I would like to modify a 79109 Colby City Showdown, as I like the design and color of the bank. I think it would look nicer than the 90’s version (set 6765).

See the barn from Mill Village raid made it in there.  It surprises me that Colby City isn’t more popular – not necessarily as lone ranger or even just western theme, but it has some great parts – and I agree the bank looks great very mod-able.   

8 hours ago, Manse1001 said:

After much deliberation I finally decided to bite the bullet and bricklink myself a batpod!! Luckily one seller had the majority of the parts so in total it costs £130. The build was mainly technic which in all honesty isn't really my cup of tea however the outcome was great and it looks fantastic next to my tumbler!! Enjoy the pics...

c5b0584c2484b868fd91b9267bea2f3f.jpg

Love it.  Was the main seller AFOLSupply in Netherlands by any chance they seem to have the most parts when I'm looking at putting together any set.  How long did it take for parts to arrive?

• Like 1

Love it.  Was the main seller AFOLSupply in Netherlands by any chance they seem to have the most parts when I'm looking at putting together any set.  How long did it take for parts to arrive?

Cheers, I'm really pleased with it albeit quite pricey regards piece count. The seller was actually called PaulofBricks based in the UK so parts were delivered within a few days. He literally had 99% of parts including the tyres and hero factory shields. I think I only used two other sellers for a handful of parts which was handy to keep shipping costs down. The wish list option made life a lot easier when searching.

1 hour ago, rcdb1984 said:

anyone know where i can get those giant minigures. I really really want the ghost I saw at legoland.

I don't know of any place outside of eBay. They are store displays and aren't meant to be sold, but you know how that goes. I met a former Lego employee through Craigslist years back. That's how I got mine.

On 9/9/2016 at 7:50 AM, Manse1001 said:

I know this one won't receive many if any likes but I purchased a Simpsons house today, I already have one in my personal collection along side my Kwick-e-Mart so purchased this for 'investment'.  £135 after online discount and TRU gift cards.  I know the minifigs haven't performed well but I loved building this set and I think it looks great on display, plus I'd kick myself if it did do well after EOL.  I figure that there will always be adult Simpsons fans out there and I don't predict a remake on the horizon so I took a punt. Decent enough discount for an exclusive so I'll just have to wait and see.

You might get more likes if you posted that in the "What did you buy today? thread or if you posted pictures of the Simpsons House and Kwik-E-Mart sets already built. ;)

• Like 1