What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

Yesterday was my daughter's 6th birthday. We built the Friends Amusement Park roller coaster set. I think it might be the best Friends set ever. Really a great deal for the price, with a ton of cool pieces. Lots of playability. The Ferris Wheel is well done and was easy to build (her brother helped her quite a bit). Great set based on the recent sale prices for sure!

• Like 7

Guest TabbyBoy

Since one of my 21020 Trevi Fountains had a damaged box and Asda/George had no more stock, I decided to build it...

Screen Shot 2016-11-21 at 21.46.08.png

...it's quite a fiddly build for my fat fingers with so many tiny pieces but, I found is very rewarding and is a cute little set. Since this set is about to EOL, I should be able to recover funds if i decide to sell it. Also, I've seen the real thing in Rome - when it was covered in scaffolding with no water!

If you have a cheese-slope fetish, this has more than you need!

EDIT... Before some smartarse spots the missing 1x1 plate, I found it in the trash after throwing the bags away! The model is now complete and I'll try to find a way to backlight it.

Edited by TabbyBoy

Bought and built this recently.  The tracks that came with it were pathetic, so I purchased 2 switch track kits and 3 flexible track sets.  Soooo much fun!  This will go under the Christmas tree.  Got the bug for trains, so I will pick up the high speed train and the heavy haul sets as well.

IMG_0087.MOV

how do I post a video?

Edited by Vader888

21 hours ago, Vader888 said:

Bought and built this recently.  The tracks that came with it were pathetic, so I purchased 2 switch track kits and 3 flexible track sets.  Soooo much fun!  This will go under the Christmas tree.  Got the bug for trains, so I will pick up the high speed train and the heavy haul sets as well.

how do I post a video?

Uploading as an attachment works and embeds into the post as a link. If I click on yours, the video loads into my main media player fine. An alternative could be to create an album in the site's Gallery, upload the movie there, then copy that page address and paste it into your post. The link now will go to the page and should play the video in the page similar to YouTube hopefully. I have not played around with the Gallery and video uploading much or lately though.

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 4:46 PM, TabbyBoy said:

Since one of my 21020 Trevi Fountains had a damaged box and Asda/George had no more stock, I decided to build it...

...it's quite a fiddly build for my fat fingers with so many tiny pieces but, I found is very rewarding and is a cute little set. Since this set is about to EOL, I should be able to recover funds if i decide to sell it. Also, I've seen the real thing in Rome - when it was covered in scaffolding with no water!

If you have a cheese-slope fetish, this has more than you need!

EDIT... Before some smartarse spots the missing 1x1 plate, I found it in the trash after throwing the bags away! The model is now complete and I'll try to find a way to backlight it.

I built mine shortly before I went back to Rome in June. i was half tempted to take the set with me and get a photo of it in front of the real thing lol. 

While we were there they drained it and built a glass catwalk in the pool for a fashion show. Amazing fountain that strangely sits on the end of a completely nondescript building.