What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

20 hours ago, jonnyhanukkah said:

Yes,the Pimp Mobile is awesome. It has working suspension! Now I just need some pros and johns to loiter around the palace cinema

Had to get this one myself - great car with fun suspension.  Feels pretty solid too, although I wish the trunk could (easily) fit the Joker's gun and Harley's bat.  Here's mine for good measure...

IMG_0717.JPG On their way are the Batmobile and Mr. Freeze...

• Like 3

6 hours ago, lazuli16 said:

You must have kraggled it, ours would have crumbled if we tried to add minifigures to it.

I will admit there was a couple times I thought about the kraggle..

I think out of all the sets I've put together this one is the least sturdy, clearly not a play set.

Got to build the new Lego Batman Movie Batmobile and Mr. Freeze sets.  What a difference...

IMG_0727.JPGIMG_0729.JPG

Batmobile set

IMG_0725.JPG

Mr. Freeze set

The Batmobile is clearly a better set and not just because it has more bricks.  The articulation on the wheels, while not critically important, allows the Batmobile to sit higher or lower (think monster truck vs. dragster) depending on your preference, and can also swing out for "flight-mode".  The vehicle itself is really slick, and I love how all of Batman's vehicles have their names "stenciled" on the side.  The Batman and Robin figs are great, while the twins are just okay and Manbat is a repeat, although I don't believe the original had the back printing this one does.  This Manbat also has two faces.

That said, the other set was disappointing.  Mr. Freeze, the star of the set, is downright pitiful.  While the Mr. Freeze minifigure is excellent, the mech-suit looks like an anorexic mixel.  In the past, Lego has given us such great mechs that I've come to expect excellence but this one misses the mark.  I even like the little scene and how it combines with two others, but the mech just kills the set.  The "ice encasing bricks" have been done before, but the designer chose to use gray bricks at the base inexplicably.  Disappointing...

• Like 8