What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

I finally finished our Christmas village scene today.  It has the Winter Toy Shop, Santa’s Workshop, a polybag snowman build, the 2015 toy train (the Lego giveaway) and this year’s reindeer polybag build in it.  The seeds I planted for more pine tree spouted nicely over the course of this year.  I was planning on putting the Fairground Mixer in the scene, but my kids said it was closed for the winter season!

DSC08741 - Resized.JPG

DSC08738 - Resized.JPG

DSC08739 - Resized.JPG

• Like 8

6 hours ago, TheGallows said:

Ive been planing on doing this. Looks fantastic. What was the rough cost?

About £375, which is nearly as much as the Alien despite having half as many pieces. I had to do lots of overseas orders, including some from Australia, USA and Canada. £100 was postage.

I do have a fair few spares now, including the Blockade Runner red disc, so give me a shout if you proceed.

Edited by Scatterbug

24 minutes ago, Scatterbug said:

About £375, which is nearly as much as the Alien despite having half as many pieces. I had to do lots of overseas orders, including some from Australia, USA and Canada. £100 was postage.

I do have a fair few spares now, including the Blockade Runner red disc, so give me a shout if you proceed.

Yeah cheers I will. Quite expensive isn't it, but I'm a massive Alien fan so its def on the list.

Just in the nick (pun intended) of time, here's our Christmas train circling our tree. We only used spare pieces from last year's full setup (which is still on display in the basement) so the bridge looks a little unfinished. Train makes a big circle around the tree (straight-curve-straight-curve style).

IMG_20161224_143048.jpgIMG_20161224_143212.jpg

• Like 9

I finished off my Porsche last night. Oddly enough I was missing an orange 64683 panel fairing #3 (I had an extra 87080 fairing #1 instead).

I emailed Lego to pass on my dissatisfaction and they dropped 200 VIP points into my account and are (obviously) sending the missing part.

This weekend I might build 42043 Arocs B-Model, as I disassembled the A-Model and stored it away a few months back.

Edited by eliminator

12 hours ago, exciter1 said:

My son is really into Titanfall right now. This is not the building set you're looking for. I wanted to quit about 1/3 the way through. Took much longer than it should have, but I would not let it defeat me. A big waste of money, since it's flimsy and he won't play with it long.

K'nex ....

45871160.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, exciter1 said:

My son is really into Titanfall right now. This is not the building set you're looking for. I wanted to quit about 1/3 the way through. Took much longer than it should have, but I would not let it defeat me. A big waste of money, since it's flimsy and he won't play with it long.

I heard K'NeX is short for kinda connects ;) 

• Like 4

I didn't buy myself the Yellow Submarine because I figured that I would allow someone to buy me a set for Christmas, and someone did.

As bad as Lego's creativity was this year, the adaptation of the Ideas set is phenomenal and this is by far the most brilliant 2016 set that I personally built this year. I don't know how close this is to the original submission, but both Lego and the designer deserve all profits made from sales.

The colors are fantastic, the minifigs are brilliant, and the build is very well executed. 

This set may also be good for parter-outers with all of the bright colors and rare pieces, including a lot of unique color/piece combinations and printed tiles (no stickers!).  I surmise that this set will be around for a long time, by Ideas standards, or produced in high volume runs because it wouldn't make sense to create so many parts runs for some many of the unique pieces in the set.   A+ from me.

21306 YS-1.jpg

21306 YS-2.jpg

21306 YS-3.jpg

21306 YS-4.jpg

• Like 5

On ‎12‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 6:14 PM, redghostx said:

The colors are fantastic, the minifigs are brilliant, and the build is very well executed. 
A+ from me.

Built the yellow submarine last week and I must agree profusely. It looks beautiful when finished - my only gripe is an internal print that just doesn't look right when the set is assembled.

On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 1:10 PM, exciter1 said:

Those are pricey ones. Had several of each at one point bought at $9.

Don't mention it.  I had them all...three times.  My son trashed the first ones I bought and built two years ago.  I just bought them all again this XMAS.  I built the Jet Rocka today with my son.  Cool set.  I will miss the Hero Factory and Bionicle lines.

13 hours ago, Sprocket77 said:

Santa felt he needed to beef up security this year.

K-2SO is a cool set.  HUUUUUGE!

Gifted this to my mom this year. We made a family effort on the build. Maybe the wine was contributing heavily, but it was very surprising to see how much they (my folks) struggled with it; recognizing shapes, figuring out spatial orientation on the model...all stuff I (we) approach like walking or breathing. Final model is excellent. I loved the use of the hot dogs!

Both my folks listened to the Beatles in their youth, and my mom actually saw them live at Maple Leaf Gardens in 1964. Consequently, I found it appropriate to pose my shot on the original piece of musical art that inspired the Lego set!

959e3a9e9270fa6974294e35a7792895.jpg

• Like 9