75097 - Star Wars Advent Calendar 2015

fuzzy_bricks

51 minutes ago, biking_tiger said:

Remember anyone can still sell as long as it is FBA.

I'm putting together my first FBA shipment of a bunch of stuff besides Lego and it will not let me add any toys. Not sure if I am doing something wrong, but it just gives me an error.

2 hours ago, Bold-Arrow said:

According to FBA sellers it is . They are constantly undercutting each other . Price down to low 66.xx 

last year if i remember correctly it reached $73 (@ least my FBM). there were less than 150 sellers

this year there are over 400 sellers and some within first two pages with over 200+ and more coming/showing @ retailers. so prices are going to be free fall within next week at the latest.

even at current rate of 25 sets/hour its going to take at least 3 days to go through inventory of first 2 pages ;) 

4 minutes ago, newbie77 said:

last year if i remember correctly it reached $73 (@ least my FBM). there were less than 150 sellers

this year there are over 400 sellers and some within first two pages with over 200+ and more coming/showing @ retailers. so prices are going to be free fall within next week at the latest.

even at current rate of 25 sets/hour its going to take at least 3 days to go through inventory of first 2 pages ;) 

What bubble ??!? Sellers who don't even sell toys are loaded on these :( 

12 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

Did you switch the toys to FBA ? You can do that in the inventory management queue 

They are already set up as FBA. I went in and tried to add them to my shipment and it put me in an endless queue of updating the quantity over and over.

I don't think there will be a dramatic change in the number of sellers once the restrictions kick in. It is getting close to BF so everyone is coming out of the woodwork now to list their stuff. The prices on Amazon will continue to be where they are at until people start to run out of stock on whatever they are selling. If the big box stores keep in stock, then it will be a race to the bottom. Last year was a very lackluster bf, and I expect this year to be the same. The days of making multiple trips to the post office after the big shopping day are over .

Unfortunately, I can't overstate this enough. Lots of sellers even after the deadline. Either sell now or wait an see if the herd thins out.

1 hour ago, labfreak7 said:

Unfortunately, I can't overstate this enough. Lots of sellers even after the deadline. Either sell now or wait an see if the herd thins out.

there is no herd to thin out. i.e. herd is so large that there is absolutely no way it can be sustained. { on top of that amazon is still releasing batches along with walmart and TRU. my speculation is that from now its going to be absent from BB retailer but amazon will still release at least 3 more batches before the end of the month. i am sure most of you noticed that amazon was selling at $39,99 this morning for hours and not taking on the buy-box. :D. It must be their new strategy when such a price difference ( i.e. 39,99 -> $65,00) and still they are not occupying buy-box. based on morning there are going to be three more batches on Nov 20th; Nov 26th and Nov 28th. not sure if they are going to get more after that but at least its confirmed that they are getting some on (11/20; 11/26 and 11/28) or releasing those days.

as B-A mentioned so far velocity is pretty low that had over-all resulted in keeping number of sellers under 500 and sustaining prices from collapsing. i am guessing within next 3 week (by 12/09) this thing is going to tank down pretty fast and number of sellers are going to be over 500. { i was concerned with i saw 200+ on delorean but it took off when majority of large quantity holders raised prices }

i am also assuming that most of the sellers who are believing on/or thinking(holding) that anything STAR WAR will be sold and have demand after the movie has released are in for a real rude awakening with this set at the very least.

this years advent is going to have the same/similar fate of 2012 advent.

looks like TLG is really going after re-sellers and making sure they are "never" going to touch "LEGO" again ;) { at least they will stay out of star wars advent for next 2 years ;) }

Edited by newbie77
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

I prefer the buy box to be at least 15$ higher . Lol

fwiw, even galerco exited this @ 64.98 last night ;)

i stand corrected they are back. with full force ... now there goes chance of anybody else. they must have something close to 1000

Edited by newbie77

While this set surely looks like a serious bubble, i'm still not buying that the bubble is so inflated that things are bleak in other areas.  If I saw 300 resellers right now sitting on 9493's x-wings, or 75021 Gunships... i'd have reason to be concerned, but that's not the case, and those with sets in stock are getting scarcer by the week, and the prices have risen.  So, i'm still thinking there is a lot of life in the Star Wars theme... but this seasonal stuff is a serious crap shoot.  While you might win with something like the holiday train, these other sets are probably not worth getting deep into.  At least that's my thoughts...  also, retirement is key.  The holiday train is technically retired, and so we see where it is rising too.  But, these other sets are not, and with the limited window to make money it just seems like a real gamble with the odds stacked against you.

Edited by fossilrock

This set was a moderate success for me. My buy in was $30 and I sold them off for an average of $68.00 shipped. The $21 profit per unit after costs is not bad for a 30 day hold. If you're nimble and have the time and energy to watch the market and buy smart, you can still come out ahead. Hopefully, this will scare off some of the lughead resellers that bought at RRP and set their $75 price on Amazon and hit the snooze button. How many returns are we going to see at TRU when late December rolls around? I'm in again if they have to blow these out for $20.

Edited by pete411
  • Like 1