71007 - Minifigures - Series 12

TheOrcKing

Series 12  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your most favorite Minifigure from Series 12?

• Wizard
    • Hun Warrior
    • Fairytale Princess
    • Video Game Guy
    • Battle Goddess
    • Space Miner
    • Lifeguard
    • Prospector
    • Jester
    • Dino Tracker
    • Pizza Delivery Guy
    • Rock Star
    • Swashbuckler
    • Piggy Guy
    • Genie Girl
    • Spooky Girl
  2. 2. Who is your least favorite Minifigure from Series 12?

• Wizard
    • Hun Warrior
    • Fairytale Princess
    • Video Game Guy
    • Battle Goddess
    • Space Miner
    • Lifeguard
    • Prospector
    • Jester
    • Dino Tracker
    • Pizza Delivery Guy
    • Rock Star
    • Swashbuckler
    • Piggy Guy
    • Genie Girl
    • Spooky Girl
  3. 3. From a scale of one to ten, how would you rate Series 12?

• 1 - Dull
    • 2 - Poor
    • 3 - Mediocre
    • 4 - Below average
    • 5 - Average
    • 6 - Above average
    • 7 - Well done
    • 8 - Superb
    • 9 - Excellent
    • 10 - Perfect

License theme I can stomach $4 but most of these are using the same molds.  We can get polys for $4 so I hope those all don't go to $5.

Right, I'm growing tired of these same sort of characters...Vikings, clowns, spacemen...enough already.  Very boring.  The Simpsons and The LEGO Movie were a breath of fresh air.  I want some cool themed CMFs...Give me a STAR WARS CMF.  Harry Potter.  Atlantis.  CITY.  Anything...LOL

• Like 3

I have a hard time seeing moms and dads picking these up at $4 especially after their kids open the packs and realize they got the one figure they didn't want :)

As you stated earlier, why would you buy a CMF when you can buy a poly bag for $4 in many cases?

Sent from my iPad using Brickpicker

• Like 1

As you stated earlier, why would you buy a CMF when you can buy a poly bag for $4 in many cases?

Sent from my iPad using Brickpicker

Yeah I am wondering if Lego really did their market research on this price hike. It made total sense for the Simpsons. And I think the Movie ones could have easily sold for that. but otherwise, they just aren't worth it I think.

I definitely hear what you guys are saying, hopefully Lego doesn`t raise the price in other places as well, but the truth is that these will still sell very well regardless. Is the price steep? Yes. But most people aren`t going to care. At least not enough to make a difference. Lego will still makes lots of money in sales, and these will still maintain their popularity. Wonder if in a couple years they will hit $4.99. 

I made mention of that comparison before back when we saw the confirmed pricing for The Simpsons minifigures. Granted that is a licensed property, each character needed a brand new complete mold for their respective head, and the TV show impressively continues to be popular after numerous years. However for all intents and purposes to the general public, the mystery blind packs are exactly that so the price increase was a bit of a blow.

I realize there are around six new molded pieces at least in this Series 12 to go with the unique printing of each but trying to continue the licensed pricing of the prior series does not hold. Plus Lego will more than likely use these new parts in other sets down the road anyway like so many other ones introduced from the Collectable Minifigures. Not all but most do usually and sometimes with a few alterations.

Maybe somebody from LEGO will read it and get some ideas. $4 for another spaceman is just a waste.

I may be the one person that would like to amass a small army of Space Miners to go with all the other explorers in my collection, and maybe Lego should check out my list of ideas. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...