71007 - Minifigures - Series 12

TheOrcKing

Series 12  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your most favorite Minifigure from Series 12?

• Wizard
    • Hun Warrior
    • Fairytale Princess
    • Video Game Guy
    • Battle Goddess
    • Space Miner
    • Lifeguard
    • Prospector
    • Jester
    • Dino Tracker
    • Pizza Delivery Guy
    • Rock Star
    • Swashbuckler
    • Piggy Guy
    • Genie Girl
    • Spooky Girl
  2. 2. Who is your least favorite Minifigure from Series 12?

• Wizard
    • Hun Warrior
    • Fairytale Princess
    • Video Game Guy
    • Battle Goddess
    • Space Miner
    • Lifeguard
    • Prospector
    • Jester
    • Dino Tracker
    • Pizza Delivery Guy
    • Rock Star
    • Swashbuckler
    • Piggy Guy
    • Genie Girl
    • Spooky Girl
  3. 3. From a scale of one to ten, how would you rate Series 12?

• 1 - Dull
    • 2 - Poor
    • 3 - Mediocre
    • 4 - Below average
    • 5 - Average
    • 6 - Above average
    • 7 - Well done
    • 8 - Superb
    • 9 - Excellent
    • 10 - Perfect

Next year looks like we may not be getting a Series 12 at all until possibly 2015 seeing how the norm is three series' in one year and the schedule appears to be The Lego Movie, The Simpsons, and Minifigures Online. However, The Brick Fan posted an article from Brick Fanatics stating Series 12 could be coming out by early October which would put The Simpsons and Minifigures Online series being released very close to one another unless the Minifigures Online series is Series 12.

A lot of rumors in the mill still at this point but I am curious about what characters will come out from the Minifigures Online series. It would stand to reason that the Minifigures Online series is Series 12 on the part that all the characters for the game are taken from the entire Collectable Minifigures line but then again a special series created from out of the game to help promote it makes sense just as well.

Either way, next year will be a tiring one for smooshers and their aching hands. Also I heard about a potential candidate for the Minifigures Online series could be a naval blue coat captain or some other seafaring character from the Pirate days.

Edit:

Looks like we shall be getting a straight up Series 12 this year. Whether or not the characters are somewhat inspired by the Minifigures Online game remains to be seen literally but we should know in due time as always. Anyway, here is the list for Series 12.

Wizard

Hun Warrior

Fairytale Princess

Video Game Guy

Battle Goddess

Space Miner

Lifeguard

Prospector

Jester

Dino Tracker

Pizza Delivery Guy

Rock Star

Swashbuckler

Piggy Guy

Genie Girl

Spooky Girl

i hope they don't rerelease the previous series of CMF for Minifigues Online. My guess is that the old CFM is the basic character that you get. If you want some special or cool character, then you need to purchase a CMF for 'Minifigures oline' to get the code and the new minifigures. By simply rereleasing the old CMF, they would pretty much be seen as running out of idea or not being creative

i hope they don't rerelease the previous series of CMF for Minifigues Online. My guess is that the old CFM is the basic character that you get. If you want some special or cool character, then you need to purchase a CMF for 'Minifigures oline' to get the code and the new minifigures. By simply rereleasing the old CMF, they would pretty much be seen as running out of idea or not being creative

• 1 month later...

Aside from having confirmation to The Simpsons minifigures the other day, things seem to be pointing in the direction of the series being released around the time of the Minifigures Online game will actually be Series 12 afterall. This makes sense to me seeing how every year there is three separate series released (1st in January, 2nd in May, 3rd in September) and we already have The Lego Movie out with The Simpsons on its way in roughly three to four months making Series 12 round off the year shortly afterwards. There still is some talk about Series 12 featuring characters from the online game but considering all the ones you can play as are from the Minifigures line itself, it stands to reason that Series 12 will simply be another collection of original characters same as before only this time be the first series made to include special codes meant for unlocking that particular minifigure in the game to play as.

• 3 weeks later...

It looks like the higher price isn't just for The Simpsons minifigures.  Here is a picture from the NY Toy Fair regarding CMF Series 12 coming out in October.  

http://www.figures.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=336411&title=lego&cat=13151

Wow :shocked:   That huge price increase might just drive me out of the collectable minifig market.  Not good at all.

I don't sell minifigures that often so maybe someone else who does can correct me if wrong...  I now avoid them like the plague since, once again China has not been able to come up with a single innovative idea on their own, so being that China is once again stealing someone else's product I just assume all these knockoffs are going to KILL the minifigure secondary market.  Ask me how I really feel about China...

(Shocked we haven't seen a major Chinese cheating scandal this Olympics....yet)

I believe the original series was $1.99, someone correct me if I'm wrong.  That would be an amazing increase in price in just a few years time.

They were, and it is. All I can say is any possible future series of Minifigures had better impress the holy hell out of me for that much. Lego, charging more because they can.

At $4 a figure, I wonder if we'll see more opened packs in the stores. Less buying and more stealing by kids.

That's what I'm afraid of. I have overheard a few "kid to parent" conversations with the Collectable Minifigures before. Many already will not pay $3 for a random character and I can't say I blame them. I'm somewhat fine because of my 'smooshing' edge but for someone who once used to pick these up without a care understands what is going through their mind. Why pay $3 (or eventually $4) for a single unknown minifigure when you could buy a polybag with a predetermined character and some parts or even toss a couple more dollars in there to buy an actual full set?

I think Lego will just end up putting the screws to themselves with this unnecessary price increase. However, there may be a chance in certain areas where Lego does not sell so well that the stores will keep these at the $2.99 price. I know my Target had the Blue Roadster and Super Soarer from 2012 still at their original retail of $12.99 instead of the $14.99 change by Lego soon as 2013 came around.

• 3 months later...