71007 - Minifigures - Series 12

TheOrcKing

Series 12  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your most favorite Minifigure from Series 12?

• Wizard
    • Hun Warrior
    • Fairytale Princess
    • Video Game Guy
    • Battle Goddess
    • Space Miner
    • Lifeguard
    • Prospector
    • Jester
    • Dino Tracker
    • Pizza Delivery Guy
    • Rock Star
    • Swashbuckler
    • Piggy Guy
    • Genie Girl
    • Spooky Girl
  2. 2. Who is your least favorite Minifigure from Series 12?

• Wizard
    • Hun Warrior
    • Fairytale Princess
    • Video Game Guy
    • Battle Goddess
    • Space Miner
    • Lifeguard
    • Prospector
    • Jester
    • Dino Tracker
    • Pizza Delivery Guy
    • Rock Star
    • Swashbuckler
    • Piggy Guy
    • Genie Girl
    • Spooky Girl
  3. 3. From a scale of one to ten, how would you rate Series 12?

• 1 - Dull
    • 2 - Poor
    • 3 - Mediocre
    • 4 - Below average
    • 5 - Average
    • 6 - Above average
    • 7 - Well done
    • 8 - Superb
    • 9 - Excellent
    • 10 - Perfect

I've been to TRU, Target, Walmart and LEGO stores in search of Series 12, over 6 different states + Canada.  I've seen them in my local TRU, but they had all been rifled through.  Found them in 2 Walmarts in the US and 1 Walmart in Canada.  And I've been to about 8 Targets (plus called two more) and none have had any (the toy managers pretty much all said they just get them at random).  I eventually caved and just bought them from SAH.

Edited by TJ488

I had been looking for these figures since the 1st going to 6 different walmarts & 2 targets mulitple times each and only one of the walmarts had any. They had about half a box I got 14 of the 16. (My local tru had them but was sold out)

I have been collecting and selling minifigures for a while and lucky got a new series's 12 box of 60 off eBay yesterday for 185.00 shipped, So keep a eye out on eBay if your still looking for them.

What figures in this new series do you guys see going up in vaule the most?

It's seems in the past the figures I think will do good don't lol I must be a poor judge of figure,

Do you go buy number of each figure in a case?

What figures in this new series do you guys see going up in vaule the most?

Just take a look at the poll.

So it would be the spooky girl, by far. I would like to get as many as I have Haunted houses.

I think the video game guy will be ok. The piggy guy too (I can imagine MOCers put him in front of a sex shop, ah ah).

I'm interested in buying these in my area but is it really a problem with people being able to feel the packages for the specific one they want? Is it best to buy a sealed box from lego or eBay then buying a random box half empty from target? Thanks!!

Depends on how good/confident you are.

I bought a couple boxes of Simpsons figs, and spent time smooshing and got pretty good at it.  Someone tipped me off on looking for the unique part in each package.  Once you feel that, you've figured out what you're smooshing.

Now I feel like I'm an expert.  I was at LL CA today, and spent maybe 10 minutes smooshing.  I'm pretty sure I picked up 12 unique figs that I didn't already have.

My trick is to look at a picture of the "cast."  As I figure out what the unique piece is, I can then start studying the picture to narrow it down to the one figure I'm smooshing.

When I was there today, the store was very quiet.  One or two regular people.  They may have looked at me oddly, but if they did, I didn't notice.  I did notice one of the employees look over at me with a "oh, geez, it's one of those" grins on her face.  But, at the end of the day, it's on a display, I'm being polite and not disruptive, I'm not keeping people from getting to the items (nor telling them they can't have one that I've already moved), and we were all good.

• Like 1

I was at the Lego store last week, and smooshed alongside three kids. The clerk handed us a laminated series 12 boxtop to help us find the ones we wanted. I found 15, but Genie girl was nowhere to be found, and during the process, the clerks were practically rooting for me to find her lol! When I checked out, they said "You'll find her eventually. Don't give up."

So smoosh away. We are the consumers at the end of the day who are purchasing a product that is probably priced 100x it's worth in raw materials.

The Hun is the best for army building, though the S10 Roman Commander/Revolutionary Soldier never really took off, so I'm not sure if it's a sure bet for doing well.  Female characters usually do well since they are usually rare in the boxes.

To be honest Id rather use Warrior Goddess for ''army building'' mainly due to the cool shield + spear factor........... way more useful and cool than sword for army building that is :)

Roman Commander failed because it did not have the same color helm as Roman soldier had (and torso print) if that would be it would be skyrocketing :P

Roman Commander failed in army building because of the following reason. Look up "Roman Military Hierarchy" on your favourite web browser. The Commander is the top of the chain of command. The soldier is the bottom of the chain and there are about 8-9 ranks in between. Thus, if you were to really make a Roman CMF army, you would probably need 100 or more Soldiers for one Commander/General.

Here's the breakdown of the box.

At the end of the day, just own it.  The employees don't care.  Sometimes, they will help.  I've smooshed at Legoland, but I've also smooshed at TRU.  It's no big deal.

Alpinemaps performs:

"I've Smooshed Everywhere"

I was totin' my pack along the dusty Carlsbad road,

When along came a semi with a high an' Lego logo-covered load.

"If you're goin' to Legoland, Mack, with me you can ride."

And so I climbed into the cab and then I settled down inside.

He asked me if I'd seen a road with so much dust and sand.

And I said, "Listen, I've smooshed every road in this here land!"

[Chorus:]

I've smooshed everywhere, man.

I've smooshed everywhere, man.

CMFs are running bare, man.

I've breathed that Mixel air, man.

Of flipping I've had my share, man.

I've smooshed everywhere.

I've smooshed at:

TRU Reno, Discovery Chicago, Wal-mart Fargo, Target Minnesota,

Walgreens Buffalo, TRU ca Toronto, Mom & Pop at Winslow, CVS Sarasota,

Jewel/Osco Wichita, dumpster in Tulsa (Quizno's), Craig's List Oklahoma,

Series 1 in Tampa, 2 in Panama, 3 in Mattawa, 4 La Paloma,

5 Bangor, Emazers house in Baltimore, 7 in Salvador, Series 8 Amarillo,

9 in Tocapillo,, I'm a killer.

[Chorus]

I've been to:

Lego store in Boston, Simpsons Figs in Charleston, skipped Louisiana,

Washington, Houston, Kingston, Texarkana,

Monterey, Faraday, Santa Fe, Tallapoosa,

Glen Rock, Black Rock, Little Rock, Oskaloosa,

Tennessee to Tennesse Chicopee, Spirit Lake,

Grand Lake, Devils Lake, Crater Lake, for Pete's sake.

[Chorus]

I've been to:

Louisville, Nashville, Knoxville, Ombabika,

Schefferville, Jacksonville, Waterville, Costa Rica,

Pittsfield, Springfield, Bakersfield, Shreveport,

Hackensack, Cadillac, Fond du Lac, Davenport,

Idaho, Jellico, Argentina, Diamantina,

Pasadena, Catalina, see what I mean-a.

[Chorus]

I've been to:

Pittsburgh, Parkersburg, Gravelbourg, Colorado,

Ellensburg, Rexburg, Vicksburg, Eldorado,

Larimore, Atmore, Haverstraw, Chatanika,

Chaska, Nebraska, Alaska, Opelika,

Baraboo, Waterloo, Kalamazoo, Kansas City,

Sioux City, Cedar City, Dodge City, what a pity.

[Chorus]

(I've smooshed everywhere)

OK joke runs out of steam, too many damn places in that song.
Edited by sroster
  • Like 5

To be honest Id rather use Warrior Goddess for ''army building'' mainly due to the cool shield + spear factor........... way more useful and cool than sword for army building that is :)

Roman Commander failed because it did not have the same color helm as Roman soldier had (and torso print) if that would be it would be skyrocketing :P

For the accessories, yes, the Goddess is much better.  But I don't see anybody wanting to make an army of fighting women.  You can make an army of the Hun Warrior because it makes more sense and makes for a good faction.  She's awesome if you're wanting to do some sort of Mythology MOC, but I don't see a MOC'r wanting a whole legion of her.  In the end, I plan on having several of both.