71007 - Minifigures - Series 12

TheOrcKing

Series 12  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your most favorite Minifigure from Series 12?

• Wizard
    • Hun Warrior
    • Fairytale Princess
    • Video Game Guy
    • Battle Goddess
    • Space Miner
    • Lifeguard
    • Prospector
    • Jester
    • Dino Tracker
    • Pizza Delivery Guy
    • Rock Star
    • Swashbuckler
    • Piggy Guy
    • Genie Girl
    • Spooky Girl
  2. 2. Who is your least favorite Minifigure from Series 12?

• Wizard
    • Hun Warrior
    • Fairytale Princess
    • Video Game Guy
    • Battle Goddess
    • Space Miner
    • Lifeguard
    • Prospector
    • Jester
    • Dino Tracker
    • Pizza Delivery Guy
    • Rock Star
    • Swashbuckler
    • Piggy Guy
    • Genie Girl
    • Spooky Girl
  3. 3. From a scale of one to ten, how would you rate Series 12?

• 1 - Dull
    • 2 - Poor
    • 3 - Mediocre
    • 4 - Below average
    • 5 - Average
    • 6 - Above average
    • 7 - Well done
    • 8 - Superb
    • 9 - Excellent
    • 10 - Perfect

When I got a box at Target last week for a ridiculous price of $2.99 - for the whole box, my son and I went through all of the packs....59 of them, not 60. I called Lego and they told me that they pack these boxes by hand and that the assortment is totally random from the bins they use and is not in any way automated.  Found that interesting.  As for the missing one, I got a 'sorry'...I can return them, which certainly won't make any bit of sense.

Out of 59, 17 of them...yes, 17 were the rock star / guitar guy....ridiculous quantity.  There were no wizards and only 1 spooky girl.  Very bizarre numbers.

When I got a box at Target last week for a ridiculous price of $2.99 - for the whole box, my son and I went through all of the packs....59 of them, not 60. I called Lego and they told me that they pack these boxes by hand and that the assortment is totally random from the bins they use and is not in any way automated.  Found that interesting.  As for the missing one, I got a 'sorry'...I can return them, which certainly won't make any bit of sense.

Out of 59, 17 of them...yes, 17 were the rock star / guitar guy....ridiculous quantity.  There were no wizards and only 1 spooky girl.  Very bizarre numbers.

Was it an opened box, or a sealed box?  I remember your story, just wondering if someone already went through it, and then it got "repacked/replenished" somehow.

The wizard was a good build, lots of pieces to it.

I think the popularity really depends on where else the minifigs can be used ie. elves for a winter theme, spooky girl for Halloween etc. It's the minifigs that aren't dual purposed that will probably be the ones to perform poorly in the secondary market.

I think Spooky Girl is the clear winner in this series although Battle Goddess and Wizard are very good also. These are the three that I will stockpile several of.  

• Like 1

I think Spooky Girl is the clear winner in this series although Battle Goddess and Wizard are very good also. These are the three that I will stockpile several of.

Definitely agree with spooky girl and the wizard has it going on with all the prints and extra bits. As for a third choice, I think it would be a toss up between the battle goddess and the space miner. The goddess you need multiples for armies and the miner is probably a bigger hit with the boys.

The jester is the wild card in this one :D

Is it the Battle Goddess that has "soft" hair?

I smooshed a bunch a few weeks ago.  Haven't had the chance to open them to confirm I've got an almost complete set.  I don't remember ever coming across any minfigs with soft hair.  And I don't remember ever smooshing any that I thought would be the Battle Goddess.

The other day, I had a couple in hand, felt something soft (that I figured was hair), and bought it.  Haven't opened it up yet either. 

I smooshed a bunch a few weeks ago. Haven't had the chance to open them to confirm I've got an almost complete set. I don't remember ever coming across any minfigs with soft hair. And I don't remember ever smooshing any that I thought would be the Battle Goddess.

The other day, I had a couple in hand, felt something soft (that I figured was hair), and bought it. Haven't opened it up yet either.

Spooky girl!

post-10435-14152574835908_thumb.jpgpost-10435-14152575194582_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

someone cleared out all the 12 series right from under my nose yesterday becuase i was being a dummy and left majority on the endcaps becuase i got greedy with series 9 (almost 2 cases). there must have been at least 10 series 12 cases in one store, all gone by the time i made up my slow mind... i scored some TLMs and series 10s too, no mr gold :(

I smooshed a bunch a few weeks ago.  Haven't had the chance to open them to confirm I've got an almost complete set.  I don't remember ever coming across any minfigs with soft hair.  And I don't remember ever smooshing any that I thought would be the Battle Goddess.

The other day, I had a couple in hand, felt something soft (that I figured was hair), and bought it.  Haven't opened it up yet either. 

The easiest way to determine if you have the Battle Goddess is by feeling for the piece that attaches to her helmet. It's small, flat and curved. That combined with the shield and the spear tells you it's her and not the Hun Warrior.

The easiest way to determine if you have the Battle Goddess is by feeling for the piece that attaches to her helmet. It's small, flat and curved. That combined with the shield and the spear tells you it's her and not the Hun Warrior.

spear is pretty distinct as its the longest accessory im the line. that and the oversized shield is what im looking for...

I still do not understand why people like piggy suit guy... For me this one is the least attrative minifig in that series.

By the way: Would you rather spend 30$ on ebay to get the minifigs you want or bug twice that amount and probably end up with multiple versions of one minifig.

(I don't really want to sell minifigs, it's just for my own collection).

I still do not understand why people like piggy suit guy... For me this one is the least attrative minifig in that series.

By the way: Would you rather spend 30$ on ebay to get the minifigs you want or bug twice that amount and probably end up with multiple versions of one minifig.

(I don't really want to sell minifigs, it's just for my own collection).

Or you can trade for them ;)

Or you can trade for them ;)

I've got a mostly 100% squish rate, especially for this series, but I do this as well. I buy up extras of the figures I know will be rare/wanted and use miniaturetrading.com to trade with other folks. I didn't start collecting them until the Lego Movie series and through trades I've got series 7 - 12 now.

Wrong, spear is the easiest and fastest to feel.... period.

• Like 1

Wrong, spear is the easiest and fastest to feel.... period.

Huh, I have found the little plume first on about every Goddess I have.  I always try to shake the bag to get the accessories to a corner to feel them so it stands to reason why it's this way for me.  Overall, yeah, the spear is a very obvious indicator for her but that doesn't mean somebody else is wrong if they have a different strategy.

• Like 1

Huh, I have found the little plume first on about every Goddess I have.  I always try to shake the bag to get the accessories to a corner to feel them so it stands to reason why it's this way for me.  Overall, yeah, the spear is a very obvious indicator for her but that doesn't mean somebody else is wrong if they have a different strategy.

Wow, you found a way to be way more polite to the "wrong" comment than I would have. Well done, sir.

• Like 1

Oh dear. Um, I have no idea how to match a code to the character at this point other than entering it at the Minifigures Online game, see who it gives you, then write the name on the sheet, but I figure you're trying to figure it out without going through all that. Dang, I'm a bit guilty myself of only keeping a couple of the pamphlets from my complete set and who knows which character they came with. Well since the character codes are for an online game, I assume they will be posted somewhere on the net eventually like GameFAQs.