10221 - UCS: Super Star Destroyer

Jeff Mack

SSD  

395 members have voted

1. 1. How many sealed SSD's do you have

• 4-5
    • 6-10
    • more than 10
    • I'm Emazers and I built a replica SSD out of sealed SSDs.

If you are not so far living from the border from germany, so are some services, where you can send your parcels for a small fee and can collect it in person. I dont know the name of the service but I had some customers from switzerland which used that way of receiving parcel to save shipping costs and I guess import tax aswell.

If you are not so far living from the border from germany, so are some services, where you can send your parcels for a small fee and can collect it in person. I dont know the name of the service but I had some customers from switzerland which used that way of receiving parcel to save shipping costs and I guess import tax aswell.

Hey gang,

I'm curious about your thoughts on a used, fully built complete set of the Super Star Destroyer with no box for $225. 

I'm a 100% MISB guy so thought I'd ask. I have some reservations but this seems like a good deal to me. 

Am I being stubborn? 

Hey gang,

I'm curious about your thoughts on a used, fully built complete set of the Super Star Destroyer with no box for $225. 

I'm a 100% MISB guy so thought I'd ask. I have some reservations but this seems like a good deal to me. 

Am I being stubborn? 

Its an amazing deal - are you gonna build it?

Make sure to check for the minifigures. Its tough to remember, but it actually comes with several good ones.

Its an amazing deal - are you gonna build it?

Make sure to check for the minifigures. Its tough to remember, but it actually comes with several good ones.

It's fully built already. If possible, I don't intend to break it apart. 

Thanks for the info guys. I told him I'm game, he hasn't responded back yet though so we'll see. 

• 2 weeks later...

The Brick Show on Youtube reported yesterday that 10221 is now retired.  Haven't had an opportunity to verify that - I'd be curious if anyone else had heard corroborating or contradictory evidence recently.

Its temporarily out of stock on LEGO Shop at Home and available from amazon and target. Not retired. 

• Like 1

The Brick Show on Youtube reported yesterday that 10221 is now retired.  Haven't had an opportunity to verify that - I'd be curious if anyone else had heard corroborating or contradictory evidence recently.

here   

is the youtube link to it. It still in the Dutch Lego shop available. 

True! The Mars Rover is retired I believe. But it is not advertised. Just out of stock everywhere. So you could also have a set which is retired but still available.

When I retire, I hope I do not vanish from the face of the earth the next day!

Lol. I think they might make some more Rovers, its been out of stock for weeks here. I got 1 at least. Its still on the site here with tags "new" and "exclusive" 

A lot of shops still tell the SSD of course they might sell them quick once everyone knows its (or its about) to retire. Because most physical shops only have 1 or 2.

Guest TabbyBoy

Lol. I think they might make some more Rovers, its been out of stock for weeks here. I got 1 at least. Its still on the site here with tags "new" and "exclusive" 

A lot of shops still tell the SSD of course they might sell them quick once everyone knows its (or its about) to retire. Because most physical shops only have 1 or 2.

Ooh I do hope so, as I want 100 Rovers. ;-)

In the EoL forum, user waddamon seems to offer some corroborating evidence that 10221 might be getting retired.

OK, enought off topic.  Lego website has more updates.  If you click on "Hard to find" SSD is gone.  If you go into star wars both SSD and DS are gone.  If you search by item number they come up, DS still shows in Hard to Find.

Another thing to note that seemed to have been breezed over in the EOL/Retired thread was a screenshot or a scan of a French? May the 4th advertisement sheet, which had the SSD pictured alongside the other sets, so it's likely it'll stick around for another month, at the least.

Edit: Found it-

http://www.hothbricks.com/2014/04/may-the-4th-be-with-you-voici-flyer-francais/

Another thing to note that seemed to have been breezed over in the EOL/Retired thread was a screenshot or a scan of a French? May the 4th advertisement sheet, which had the SSD pictured alongside the other sets, so it's likely it'll stick around for another month, at the least.

Edit: Found it-

http://www.hothbricks.com/2014/04/may-the-4th-be-with-you-voici-flyer-francais/

I got the same flyer at the Belgian Lego store (except it's in Dutch rather than French). Those are the sets you can win during a prize draw and are not necessarily the sets that will be available at 15% off during the May the 4th event. I doubt the Sandcrawler will be 15% off during it's first week.

Saw a new Imperial Star Destoryer and other Summer 2014 SW sets previewed on this site.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Coming-Soon-Lego-Products/205361826151848

Looks like the SSD should be retired if they are going to make an new Imperial.

Sorry, but they have nothing to do with each other. SSD is a humongous UCS, ISD is just a playset, a large one though, but not exclusive.

If you notice it you can even see 2 X-Wings on the shop: an UCS and a small one. There are also 2 Sydney Opera Houses :P

The brick show on youtube announced it was retire a few days ago... i wanted get one myself but man its freaking 400 bones!

Yes it`s quite a lot for 1 set, but if you do really want one, I suggest you buy it quick. The price is only going to go higher and higher.

• Like 1

The brick show on youtube announced it was retire a few days ago... i wanted get one myself but man its freaking 400 bones!

Sales tax certainly doesn't make it hurt less.

Yes it`s quite a lot for 1 set, but if you do really want one, I suggest you buy it quick. The price is only going to go higher and higher.

There's always a potential May the 4th sale that might bring it down. But then it's also possible that it will be OOS when you go to get it. Weighing discount vs. availability, it's up to the investor really on whether or not they want to wait a tiny bit. Things to consider.