10221 - UCS: Super Star Destroyer

Jeff Mack

SSD  

395 members have voted

1. 1. How many sealed SSD's do you have

• 4-5
    • 6-10
    • more than 10
    • I'm Emazers and I built a replica SSD out of sealed SSDs.

Guess I should have ordered another before I returned the damaged one.  DOH!

You can do a UPS redirect on the package and pay $5 to get it back

I am still waiting on my 2 from LEGO Shop at Home from double points wave two. Status is still BO. I can't see them putting this out Friday night as an in stock on sale item without filling the BO first but who knows.

I am still waiting on my 2 from LEGO Shop at Home from double points wave two. Status is still BO. I can't see them putting this out Friday night as an in stock on sale item without filling the BO first but who knows.

I took it to a store.  Seals popped during shipping.

It seems odd that they would make it available to sell if they didn't have enough to complete their backorders.  Maybe they just want to crush some dreams.

So should I keep the 1 target one with a 2x1 hole in the front middle if it doesn't come back in stock anywhere?

Hells yes. Call their customer service right now and offer to send them pics. Say it's a birthdays present for your son. The nicer reps will give you a 10% gift card (or more) depending on their mood and your shopping history

Bottom line is that despite the hole, the set is sealed. The bags are sealed. CHA CHING

• Like 1

Hells yes. Call their customer service right now and offer to send them pics. Say it's a birthdays present for your son. The nicer reps will give you a 10% gift card (or more) depending on their mood and your shopping history

Bottom line is that despite the hole, the set is sealed. The bags are sealed. CHA CHING

Absolutely! And a 10% discount definitely more than makes up for that, albeit insignificant, damage. SSD is a great set for those who are willing to risk that much on a set. If by some chance Lego puts these on sale sub-$400 I`m probably in, that would be 20%, then VIP and Darth Reven. But I personally can`t justify $500 on 1 box all in. Doesn`t mean I don`t think it`s a great long term investment, but it`s not for me at that price. 

• Like 1

I don't always agree with emazers but anyone who wanted one should have grabbed out once Lego and amazon sold out. Not saying it is not coming back but why risk it. I would go with walmart for instore pickup at this point

Let's not give Ed all the credit. He was just the loudest :)

Many of us have been saying for a while to get this set. The time to have bought was last month especially after the Sandcrawler release date news.

• Like 3

I took it to a store.  Seals popped during shipping.

It seems odd that they would make it available to sell if they didn't have enough to complete their backorders.  Maybe they just want to crush some dreams.

I'm still waiting on 2 from Lego as well... if they come back in stock for 15% off this weekend I'm just going to order those and cancel these, since 15% is a better deal.  But I agree, you'd think they would fill backorders before allowing more orders to be placed.

Take it for what it's worth, but I called LEGO Shop at Home and they said that I was guaranteed to get my 2 SSD's ordered during double points, but they won't ship until end of May.

On Lego S@H UK SSD is now "Out of stock, expected ship date 14 May 2014", DS is "Out of stock, expected ship date 20 May 2014", guess the May 4th deals have helped them shift some stock.

Not to poop on everyone's parade, but I have had orders cancelled several times from LEGO S@H in situations like this. They tell you in a nice polite email that the items are no longer available. Walmart is looking better all the time.

Sent from my iPad using Brickpicker

I'm still waiting on 2 from Lego as well... if they come back in stock for 15% off this weekend I'm just going to order those and cancel these, since 15% is a better deal. But I agree, you'd think they would fill backorders before allowing more orders to be placed.

Take it for what it's worth, but I called S@H and they said that I was guaranteed to get my 2 SSD's ordered during double points, but they won't ship until end of May.

I don't think 15% off of the SSD will happen according to sources.

Not to poop on everyone's parade, but I have had orders cancelled several times from LEGO LEGO Shop at Home in situations like this. They tell you in a nice polite email that the items are no longer available. Walmart is looking better all the time.

Yup, I ordered a few from Target just in case.  I was going to return them if LEGO Shop at Home came through, but at this point I might as well keep them.

I don't think 15% off of the SSD will happen according to sources.

There is always hope.  :rofl:

First of all, we are not 100% sure about the 15% discount for May fourth on large exclusives like the ssd or ds as our European friends are enjoying.

The ssd buyers consensus is that the lego store will not have them in stock comes Saturday, this is why amazon and target are sold out.

If you are waiting for lego shop at home to carry them again, it would not be wise at this point.

As much as I hate Wal-Mart's shipping monkeys,this is no time to be nip picking minor details.

So, whether I get any more SSD's or not, I'm fine.

Having fun with this -

2 questions:

1) Does Lego Stores hold sets for 24 hours without payment.  IE could I call my Lego store and ask them to hold an SSD if they have one and I'll pick it up Saturday?  Not sure what they normally will do and what they would do in this situation.

2) Has anyone ordered 2 from Walmart before?  Then Walmart would ship them in a 2 pack box rather than the 2 Lego SSD boxes with nothing else?  Maybe that would work.  I am scared of ship to store.  I bought about 3 Lone Ranger Train Sets for $12 each during that website pricing mess up and they all had those HUGE sticky labels on the side that don't come off well (or I don't know how to) without destroying the box.  The Lady let me try to remove them, I damaged them (one horribly) and then went and got ones on the floor, traded them out, and she took back the ripped up ones, and away I went with my 3 12$ train sets.  Priceless experience.  I am obviously not trained in the ways of the force of removing stickers.  Anyone get these stickers on an in store SSD pickup and how did you deal with it?  I am hoping walmart ship to home of 2 would be in a gigantic box.