10221 - UCS: Super Star Destroyer

Jeff Mack

SSD  

395 members have voted

1. 1. How many sealed SSD's do you have

• 4-5
    • 6-10
    • more than 10
    • I'm Emazers and I built a replica SSD out of sealed SSDs.

Mine arrived from Amazon. Some slight box creasing, so I complained and got a $40 credit. Not much else I could do since out of stock. But, no bubble wrap or air pillows. It wouldn't have been that tough to do.

You just call customer service and they offered you a $40 credit? Mine just arrived today and is creased as well (i guess to be expected with a set that large).

Guess i'll have to get that squeaky wheel out ;)

For 10221 shipment issues with amazon, checkout my old thread. 

be very polite to the phone reps and offer to send pictures.  i took pictures of each shipment and it really helped since my case history was saved.

recap : after something like 6 returns, amazon finally let me keep mine for $210.30 ($322.22 - discount on April 4, 2013 for $111.92) since the box had a sticker tear on the bottom side.

http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/2806-awesome-amazon-customer-service-for-10221-super-star-destroyer-299-price-paid-last-dec-before-return/

note: my pics no longer are displayed in the thread above for some reason.

post-3743-0-19704000-1398383634_thumb.jp

I emailed amazon regarding the SSD "expected" in stock date,

Here is the reply:

Hello,

Thanks for your interest in shopping at Amazon.com. I understand you want to know availability of "LEGO Star Wars Super Star Destroyer 10221."

I checked this item on our website and see currently it is available from many sellers available on our website. If you wish to buy this item from seller you can place your order using the below link:

www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0050R0YB8/

Also, we are working hard to get this item from our supplier once we get we'll let you know, it may take 16-17 days to be in stock.

Your patience and understanding is highly appreciated in this matter.

Yep, that's what they said. I told them I was disappointed in the packing and it would have taken 10 cents worth of materials to get it to me in better condition. 10% was offered because there were no replacements.

they usually do 20% especially if none are left in-stock. 

the phone rep just needs to get approval if there's substantial evidence (doesn't always have to be pics).  then again, having holes in the box, missing elements,  or major box surface sticker tears (from labels) would help you get the larger discount.  if the box was crushed, that would also help w/ the getting 20% discount. 

if amazon is anything like target.com, customer support reps also look at purchase history to make a stronger case for larger discount approvals.  from what i've been told, support mgrs (who grant approvals) usually say, "it's only a box. are the items inside still complete and undamage?. of yes, 10% off at the most to avoid more postage cost and time wasted".

unfort, creases are normal when mailing larger sets like this so 10% off would be considered by some as a "gift".   I learned to accept creases even as painful as it was. 

heck, i just canceled a bricklink order consisting of 1 BP and 1 QAR because the buyer insisted on "mint" boxes arriving to him in Singapore.  ha

• Like 1

they usually do 20% especially if none are left in-stock. 

the phone rep just needs to get approval if there's substantial evidence (doesn't always have to be pics).  then again, having holes in the box, missing elements,  or major box surface sticker tears (from labels) would help you get the larger discount.  if the box was crushed, that would also help w/ the getting 20% discount. 

if amazon is anything like target.com, customer support reps also look at purchase history to make a stronger case for larger discount approvals.  from what i've been told, support mgrs (who grant approvals) usually say, "it's only a box. are the items inside still complete and undamage?. of yes, 10% off at the most to avoid more postage cost and time wasted".

unfort, creases are normal when mailing larger sets like this so 10% off would be considered by some as a "gift".   I learned to accept creases even as painful as it was. 

heck, i just canceled a bricklink order consisting of 1 BP and 1 QAR because the buyer insisted on "mint" boxes arriving to him in Singapore.  ha

WOOT! 5 min phone call, $80 credit = PRICELESS! Thanks guys ;)

Amazon Customer Service is fantastic. I ordered a HD off of Amazon Warehouse. It got held up due to snow storms in Chicago. I called their CS and asked about it, if shipments had been getting delayed, just for more info really. They instantly refunded the purchase price. The HD still showed up about a week later, and in better condition then the brand new one I ordered from TRU.

Curious it would not be for sale at regular price now and then bring it back for a discount. Not really how I would run a business.......

Short-term this might not be as interesting for TLC revenue-wise but image-wise it's better than having a sale on an item that is not available anymore.