10221 - UCS: Super Star Destroyer

Jeff Mack

SSD  

395 members have voted

1. 1. How many sealed SSD's do you have

• 4-5
    • 6-10
    • more than 10
    • I'm Emazers and I built a replica SSD out of sealed SSDs.

That's quite a bit of money tied up in one set that may have to be held for a few more years before you will make more than $70 total profit on a resell.

Some people have money burning a hole in their pocket, or just prefer to buy and wait.  A lot less effort to buy a big set and let it sit for 3 years than to flip.  I try to do both so I just bought my 3rd SSD from Target.

If every Retailer would be sold out except Toys R US on the SSD  at there $539 price well the price would be $540 in a day or so and if Toys R US would get another batch well knowing TRU there new price would be at least $600 so only TRU having them for a while would be great for the price to rise very fast.   Ed

Add item to your cart . Edit to 999. It will show how many Amazon has in stock. If 999+ there is no way to know .

There was over 500 at about 9:00 am this Wednesday morning.  I've been following it daily and then it is gone.  Very strange.  I was holding out for a large sale at the Lego store on 5/3, however I just ordered 2 from Target tonight to be safe with free shipping and free returns if the Lego store has a sale.  At least I am covered now.... Next up the question is buying Sopwith's or the VW Camper.  Any opinions?  I am thinking the Sopwith might rise faster.

True! The Mars Rover is retired I believe. But it is not advertised. Just out of stock everywhere. So you could also have a set which is retired but still available.

When I retire, I hope I do not vanish from the face of the earth the next day!

sound the same as lego studio 21050....last year.

I am not buying it.....the sets or info about. :shocked:

sound the same as lego studio 21050....last year.

I have the same thoughts exactly.  I just picked up another 12 of the Rover, but I am not convinced that it is going to stay out of stock forever even with the confirmations of it being retired flying about left and right.  Figure I'll either make out nicely or lose 10% on the investment. :)

You guys in the states are so lucky, Amazon was our only hope to get the SSD at decent prices.

Now, the only way for us to get it is either pay the ridiculous MSRP price of AU$699.99, or find a deal on eBay (very rare).

No retailer in AU has any stock left, and even if they did, it's AU MSRP :(

Luckily, I bought 2 about a month ago, I was waiting for my no conversion fee credit card to come in before I bought another ($20 saving right there), a few days too late.

I really hope Amazon restocks this.

There was over 500 at about 9:00 am this Wednesday morning.  I've been following it daily and then it is gone.  Very strange.  I was holding out for a large sale at the Lego store on 5/3, however I just ordered 2 from Target tonight to be safe with free shipping and free returns if the Lego store has a sale.  At least I am covered now.... Next up the question is buying Sopwith's or the VW Camper.  Any opinions?  I am thinking the Sopwith might rise faster.

I think people need to realize there probably won't be any sort of sale on high end STAR WARS sets during the May promo.  If history gives us any indication of what types of sets will be discounted, look at the unpopular small to mid sized sets near EOL.  

I really hate to sound like a broken record here, but members were warned numerous times over the past several months to take advantage of the Double VIP points for large sets like the UCS SSD and R2-D2.  It is quite possible that the SSD will never come back into stock on Amazon and disappear from Target and Walmart in the next week.  If you truly want a SSD, now is the time to buy one, while you still can get one at MSRP.  

• Like 5

I think people need to realize there probably won't be any sort of sale on high end STAR WARS sets during the May promo.  If history gives us any indication of what types of sets will be discounted, look at the unpopular small to mid sized sets near EOL.  

I really hate to sound like a broken record here, but members were warned numerous times over the past several months to take advantage of the Double VIP points for large sets like the UCS SSD and R2-D2.  It is quite possible that the SSD will never come back into stock on Amazon and disappear from Target and Walmart in the next week.  If you truly want a SSD, now is the time to buy one, while you still can get one at MSRP.  

Cue the (even more) frantic buyings in 3.. 2... 1... :frantics:  :frantics: :frantics:  :frantics: