10221 - UCS: Super Star Destroyer

Jeff Mack

SSD  

395 members have voted

1. 1. How many sealed SSD's do you have

• 4-5
    • 6-10
    • more than 10
    • I'm Emazers and I built a replica SSD out of sealed SSDs.

Is anyone arguing the fact that buying one now is a good idea?  It might just be those who want to by 5 - 10 who are holding out, but are ok with not getting anymore if they can't find them at discount somehow.

For those who want to buy that many, NOW is the time to buy.  LOL

I invite anyone who would like one or two to refer to the HD fiasco threads . Many missed the boat waiting on amazon to drop the price when all signs implied eminent EOL!! . You want one buy it now!!

I'm not saying that the SSD is gone but no reason to wait people. Grab some GC and start buying from target .

I think people need to realize there probably won't be any sort of sale on high end STAR WARS sets during the May promo.  If history gives us any indication of what types of sets will be discounted, look at the unpopular small to mid sized sets near EOL.  

I really hate to sound like a broken record here, but members were warned numerous times over the past several months to take advantage of the Double VIP points for large sets like the UCS SSD and R2-D2.  It is quite possible that the SSD will never come back into stock on Amazon and disappear from Target and Walmart in the next week.  If you truly want a SSD, now is the time to buy one, while you still can get one at MSRP.  

TRU Canada had a BOGO offer on SSDs in January. For those who can't get to the US to buy them, that was the time to buy north of the border. I bought my personal quota at that time and they all arrived in excellent condition.

Now if I'd just stop spending so much money on sets to open and play with... I could have bought more. :)

whaaa I must have missed that sale!

TRU Canada had a BOGO offer on SSDs in January. For those who can't get to the US to buy them, that was the time to buy north of the border. I bought my personal quota at that time and they all arrived in excellent condition.

Now if I'd just stop spending so much money on sets to open and play with... I could have bought more. :)

Sent from my iPod touch using Brickpicker

At times, I wish I had the discipline to buy just the big exclusives, but I enjoy the small sets and polybags too much.  I spend a lot on smaller sets and displays/collectible items.  I still remember to this day when I had two 10179s in my Amazon shopping cart for $799.98 and my wife said "no more."  I should have pulled that trigger. That was a $5000.00 F-up!  I don't want  to make that mistake again with a set.  The SSD might not be a UCS Falcon, but I can see $1000 as a reasonable expectation for this set.

At times, I wish I had the discipline to buy just the big exclusives, but I enjoy the small sets and polybags too much.  I spend a lot on smaller sets and displays/collectible items.  I still remember to this day when I had two 10179s in my Amazon shopping cart for $799.98 and my wife said "no more."  I should have pulled that trigger. That was a $5000.00 F-up!  I don't want  to make that mistake again with a set.  The SSD might not be a UCS Falcon, but I can see $1000 as a reasonable expectation for this set.

Do you just enjoy the deal hunt with the smaller sets, diversifying the portfolio, or a bit of both?  I have a mix of small and large sets, but I've been thinking of sticking just to larger sets after I sell these off.  It's hard to pass anything up when they get down to 70% clearance though, which seems to have happened a lot recently.

At times, I wish I had the discipline to buy just the big exclusives, but I enjoy the small sets and polybags too much.  I spend a lot on smaller sets.

I'm the same way, but I love the chase and hunt for the unbeatable bargains. There are certain themes that NOT making money at 50% off is almost impossible. Some would argue that all Lego's at 50% off are winners, but I'm not quite on board with that.

Exclusives are awesome, but I don't usually have the disposable income left to really invest in these.

Do you just enjoy the deal hunt with the smaller sets, diversifying the portfolio, or a bit of both?  I have a mix of small and large sets, but I've been thinking of sticking just to larger sets after I sell these off.  It's hard to pass anything up when they get down to 70% clearance though, which seems to have happened a lot recently.

I think that's what it is, the thrill of the chase.  I love all the sets, but I really love finding a bargain or winning an eBay auction.  

• Like 1

I just got a ssd from amazon, arrived in nice shape. wanted to store it on the second floor and i ***** dropped it from 8 ft up.

I cursed myself for an hour.

This is when i go back to read post that box conditions don't matter!

Damaged? I will give you 300 for it. A great deal to be sure! ;)

Sent from my SGH-I527M using Brickpicker mobile app

Guest TabbyBoy

Buyers are so demanding in the UK these days that box condition is critical on large sets. I'd try returning it if I dropped it and order again if still available.

Kinda weird that TRU Canada still has B-Wing in stock...

Buyers are so demanding in the UK these days that box condition is critical on large sets. I'd try returning it if I dropped it and order again if still available.

I agree. I believe there will be many sets that will outperform the SSD for profit margins, having a damaged one is only likely to narrow your margins more. I'd offload it and buy again if possible

Kinda weird that TRU Canada still has B-Wing in stock...

That's what happens when you take the msrp difference and then add the obligatory TRU stupid markups. Things sit when it's cheaper to buy on eBay.

Also TRU is (at least for me) the only real competition to LEGO up here. They seem to have lots of inventory.

That's what happens when you take the msrp difference and then add the obligatory TRU stupid markups. Things sit when it's cheaper to buy on eBay.

Also TRU is (at least for me) the only real competition to LEGO up here. They seem to have lots of inventory.

That's the thing - it sits at original canadian MSRP (no TRU mark up) - CAD: $ 249.99