10221 - UCS: Super Star Destroyer

Jeff Mack

SSD  

395 members have voted

1. 1. How many sealed SSD's do you have

• 4-5
    • 6-10
    • more than 10
    • I'm Emazers and I built a replica SSD out of sealed SSDs.

Just called LEGO about my backordered SSD.  Asked when they expected for it to be in and she said it's showing the expected date for me is May 31st.  So maybe it will go through and they'll get more in?

Honestly, I think this is wishful thinking.  After seeing about every retailer out of stock now, I think this has passed the sunset. 

Honestly, I think this is wishful thinking.  After seeing about every retailer out of stock now, I think this has passed the sunset. 

Right.  Some people might be lucky enough to have it sent to them after LEGO scours their inventory of any remaining SSDs, but it is looking bleaker by the day if you want to buy one at MSRP.

I would say there is a small chance this MIGHT be back for a minute:

1. amazon had a "more on the way tag" before they sold out and they said they are expecting some mid may when I emailed them

2. lego CS seem to confirm what amazon said.

that being said, I would be hitting walmart.com checkout ASAP

I would say there is a small chance this MIGHT be back for a minute:

1. amazon had a "more on the way tag" before they sold out and they said they are expecting some mid may when I emailed them

2. lego CS seem to confirm what amazon said.

that being said, I would be hitting walmart.com checkout ASAP

walmart has been out of stock for 1-2 days now

No worries. That R2 unit will be riding the sunset soon enough. :)

I wanted to get one from B&******. Not only does the online shop not have any entry for it anymore, the local shop also had no way of ordering one, and to me it seemed they tried hard. So, for me that means R2D2 is gone from B&******.

I would not be surprised to see this return for a little while.  I have learned that the "Temporarily out of stock" tag means something.

The Orc Forge, (that was supposed to be done,) had this tag.  I did not think that it would come back, but it did for about a week.  Same case with the Curiosity Rover. I think that the SSD will come back for a little bit and then retire.

I'm hopeful that the weird 'Temporarily Out of Stock' tag means they're saving a big batch of them for the May 4 weekend--like the "Do not put on shelves until May 1" rule for the new Simpsons minifigs. I'd like to pick up a few more.

But even if I can't, I'm proud to say that I didn't wait until the last minute and picked up 6 from various outlets in early April. It's not the double-digit inventory that some of y'all have, but assuming the set does as well as people are predicting, this will be my first big-ticket success as a Lego investor. Yay me.

I would not be surprised to see this return for a little while.  I have learned that the "Temporarily out of stock" tag means something.

The Orc Forge, (that was supposed to be done,) had this tag.  I did not think that it would come back, but it did for about a week.  Same case with the Curiosity Rover. I think that the SSD will come back for a little bit and then retire.

This is how I've been feeling and is what I've heard. The set is done but I think it gets one last ride into the sunset on May 4th. Just in case I did pick some up from target before they popped.

I wanted to get one from B&******. Not only does the online shop not have any entry for it anymore, the local shop also had no way of ordering one, and to me it seemed they tried hard. So, for me that means R2D2 is gone from B&******.

It never did and they never could.  I tried even when they had 2 on the shelf in the store I was at the looked it up and told me they were OOS.  They are unable to see it in their inventory system and it was never available online.

Scenario #1:  Assuming Lego gives 15% off on the SSD..., Then, Don't count on it been in stock for the May 3 and 4th.
Why would they sell it for 15% off when they could be selling it all day long (online and in stores) at full msrp within these 2-3 weeks.

Scenario #2:  IF they were not to gives 15% off on the SSD.....Then it MAY appear on the shelves for May 3 and 4th for promotional purpose.

Regardless....The Fat Lady is gargling some H2O!

OK now that you mentioned this, I have a question for everyone.  I have the opportunity to get another mint SSD at $425 delivered.  I also have the opportunity to get 12 of the 21104 Lego Rover at $38 each.  Which would you do and why?  I am really nervous even though everyone says the Rover is gone for good, that they are going to pull a Minecraft and have tons of them available later this summer and my investment will suffer.  Let me know which way you would go.  Thanks!

OK now that you mentioned this, I have a question for everyone.  I have the opportunity to get another mint SSD at $425 delivered.  I also have the opportunity to get 12 of the 21104 Lego Rover at $38 each.  Which would you do and why?  I am really nervous even though everyone says the Rover is gone for good, that they are going to pull a Minecraft and have tons of them available later this summer and my investment will suffer.  Let me know which way you would go.  Thanks!

Get SSD, as well as all of the Rovers, and resell Rovers to Jojoyojimbi for $60 a piece

• Like 2

Get SSD, as well as all of the Rovers, and resell Rovers to Jojoyojimbi for $60 a piece

No More Monkeys,

Thanks.  I missed the background info, are you saying that I should really PM Jojoyojimbi and he might pay $60 each now?  Sorry, I am a newbie so I am not sure if you were serious or teasing based on an inside joke. :)

No More Monkeys,

Thanks.  I missed the background info, are you saying that I should really PM Jojoyojimbi and he might pay $60 each now?  Sorry, I am a newbie so I am not sure if you were serious or teasing based on an inside joke. :)

Well, we are not sure. Jojoyojimbi did state that he will buy any amounts of Rovers, with $60 being the upper limit.  He also mentioned that he swiped through multiple ebay listings below his upper limit. 

http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/7327-nasa-mars-science-laboratory-curiosity-rover-21104/?p=259034

i hope all of you freaking out about the SSD have plenty of curiosity rovers already, because it's going to outperform the SSD in both the long and short term

and the rest of my rover money got stolen by the wife and turned into "we're going to disney for may the 4th" money I'm done buying rovers until we get back and she returns what's left of it

• Like 1

i hope all of you freaking out about the SSD have plenty of curiosity rovers already, because it's going to outperform the SSD in both the long and short term

and the rest of my rover money got stolen by the wife and turned into "we're going to disney for may the 4th" money I'm done buying rovers until we get back and she returns what's left of it

Better tell her you can go to disney anytime but the price of Rover is going up and up every single day

Better tell her you can go to disney anytime but the price of Rover is going up and up every single day

I tried that, she told me, You've got over a hundred now, don't put all your eggs in one basket, to which i replied there's room left in this storage bin for another 20 or so!

• Like 1