10221 - UCS: Super Star Destroyer

Jeff Mack

SSD  

395 members have voted

1. 1. How many sealed SSD's do you have

• 4-5
    • 6-10
    • more than 10
    • I'm Emazers and I built a replica SSD out of sealed SSDs.

The set should double a couple years past EOL. That`s excellent by anyone`s account. Lego LEGO Shop at Home had x3VIP and a couple promos back in November, so you missed the best time to by. Next best should be x2 VIP in March/April though, so I wouldn`t buy until at least then. Even then, a few people speculate the set to be around at least another year (could be wrong, obviously no one knows for sure) so make sure you are comfortable holding even a bit longer before buying in.  

• 2 weeks later...

If the Death Star were to ever be retired in the near future, then that would be your best bet. If not, the SSD isn't a bad deal if you want to double your cash in a couple of years. If you're a kid and have the money and the time to wait, it's not a bad investment as you'll be able to buy tons of things kids these days like such as Lego... and Star Wars.  :thumbsup:

If the Death Star were to ever be retired in the near future, then that would be your best bet. If not, the SSD isn't a bad deal if you want to double your cash in a couple of years. If you're a kid and have the money and the time to wait, it's not a bad investment as you'll be able to buy tons of things kids these days like such as Lego... and Star Wars.  :thumbsup:

I wouldn't waist too much time on the Death Star with asl long as it has been around.

As far as the SSD, just make sure you have the cash. This set could EASILY stay around another 2-3 years. I figure it will be gone soon since it takes up so much shelf space. But you never know.

I wouldn't waist too much time on the Death Star with asl long as it has been around.

As far as the SSD, just make sure you have the cash. This set could EASILY stay around another 2-3 years. I figure it will be gone soon since it takes up so much shelf space. But you never know.

Exactly, people thought the Death Star would be around for a short amount of time, we are on it's 5th year now?  SSD could easily be around for another few years.

I'm new to Lego investing and I was wondering if the Super Star Destroyer would be a good investment opportunity. I know that the 10179 Ultimate Collector's Millennium Falcon was a huge success, but will this set have a similar effect in the future?

I think it's important for new investors to understand nothing will have the performance of the 10179 ever again. It performed that way because the amount of people "investing" at that time was exponentially lower than it is today.

That being said, people's expectations for large exclusives like these are to more or less double or slighly better MSRP. I think the SSD or DS both will do fine. I almost suspect the SSD to EOL before the DS will. But both probably won't be around forever. But these are LONG TERM investments at this point. 2-3 years min.

• 1 month later...

As an investment, I like it better than the death star.

Agreed for investing. I doubt many are jumping on this set currently due to the price. Additionally, I feel it's under appreciated so far. This is the longest Lego set available (width) with the Eiffel Tower next (height). Too bad Lego didn't make the interior more minifig friendly and include all the key ESB chars from the bounty hunter scene or this would be a grand slam.

Sent from an iPhone using the Brickpicker app

• Like 1