10221 - UCS: Super Star Destroyer

Jeff Mack

SSD  

395 members have voted

1. 1. How many sealed SSD's do you have

• 4-5
    • 6-10
    • more than 10
    • I'm Emazers and I built a replica SSD out of sealed SSDs.

Guest eightbrick

Nice vid. That's one big instruction booklet.

I'd like to make a stop-motion video of a build sometime, it would be similar to this to a degree, but you wouldn't see the human putting it together, just the pieces going together quickly until completed.  

Check out Artifex on youtube. Great stopmotion-ish animations.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

@Bernard:

Thanks, might buy another 3 if those are available.

I've bought 5 of them when they came out (fullprice, meh... didn't know about BP yet) But my single UCS Millenium Falcon and many other single old UCS models make up for the investment I did when building up a UCS investment starting from the SSD. Now I just have to wait until those sealed extra's become valuable enough to sell them and cover the models I like to keep for myself.

• 2 weeks later...

So I am going to write a blog about the Super Star Destroyer (and build it). Wanted to get some info for it. If you pick one that has more than one number, specify the number in your post.

Also feel free to give your opinions on its growth including its plateau price.

I have 1 at the moment, but I am building it. Want to have 2 sealed by years end when it is speculated to be gone.

This is one set I haven't committed to buying yet.  I need to make up my mind.

To me its expensive, but its a must have. Every set this expensive has doubled, tripled in value - plus its an amazing set and you will feel real dumb if it does well and you could just open ti if it doesn't. Lol

At least the above is my thought on it. Why I am making the purchase of another today during double VIP.

No he can live on a full Lego life size model of it.

I was literally about to type that. great minds think alike.

Except I don't have 10 SSD's :(

To me its expensive, but its a must have. Every set this expensive has doubled, tripled in value - plus its an amazing set and you will feel real dumb if it does well and you could just open ti if it doesn't. Lol

At least the above is my thought on it. Why I am making the purchase of another today during double VIP.

I don't disagree with any of those points.  It's one of he most iconic ships from the entire Star Wars universe.  It's huge and the box is huge, that's probably what intimidates me the most about this set.  I always talk myself into getting another 2 Haunted Houses, 3 more VW Campers, or 2 more Tower Bridges, instead of just committing to one or two SSDs.  I need to jump on double-VIP and snag a couple, decisions decisions.

Guest TabbyBoy

I don't disagree with any of those points.  It's one of he most iconic ships from the entire Star Wars universe.  It's huge and the box is huge, that's probably what intimidates me the most about this set.  I always talk myself into getting another 2 Haunted Houses, 3 more VW Campers, or 2 more Tower Bridges, instead of just committing to one or two SSDs.  I need to jump on double-VIP and snag a couple, decisions decisions.

From that list, I'd go HH and SSD now.  VW and TB are in massive supply and still in the catalogue.

And thats a good point for sure. I try to diversify enough. But some of those have question marks. I feel like this will be solid just because it is so expensive, investors have to make these decisions.