10221 - UCS: Super Star Destroyer

Jeff Mack

SSD  

395 members have voted

1. 1. How many sealed SSD's do you have

• 4-5
    • 6-10
    • more than 10
    • I'm Emazers and I built a replica SSD out of sealed SSDs.

Something tells me that R2 and the B wing aren't going anywhere for while......I would be ecstatic if the DS or SSD were the next to go.

So would I, as I have a few of each. The 10212 set taught me one can never have enough of them.

That being said, I need to flip a few more sets before I acquire anymore of anything.

The list of what I want exceeds my fund supply atm, a problem I am sure we all have

• Like 1

These topics always make me wonder what Lego might do while we wait for the new Star Wars movies. Is Lego planning on having any completely new sets ready for the release of the movies? Will they try to build excitement by coming out with some new sets? Or will doing a few less-risk remakes and keeping the popular, already-to-market, sets like the DS and SSD around be enough? We don't have any more room to display new sets... I'm torn. :)

Is Lego planning on having any completely new sets ready for the release of the movies?

If The Hobbit was any kind of indicator, then yes.

Will they try to build excitement by coming out with some new sets?

They could 'sprinkle' a few sets here & there to start gaining market interest before they hit the theatre.

Or will doing a few less-risk remakes and keeping the popular, already-to-market, sets like the DS and SSD around be enough?

The Star Wars theme is notorious for constant remakes, so that's a given. Eventually, in spite of sales, that Live Star is going to be retired.

(For crying out loud, Lego. RETIRE IT ALREADY!!!!)

We don't have any more room to display new sets... I'm torn. :)

I know the feeling all too well, friend. In fact, that's probably something we all share.

There's just never enough room!

• 2 weeks later...

I am sure Death Star is not going to die this year, I saw they are going to restock in November (maybe for Christmas!?). Don't think it is going to die anyway as long as Lego is popular.

Where do you look exactly to see if something is going to be restocking that far in the future. I've never seen any info ever posted with that kind of detail.

Logically, SSD should probably be the next to go, but I think the DS keeps kicking because of the playability factor. Does it stand to reason that its CARG value may not get as high as most in the UCS based on the 4 year run and the overall comparable number that were produced? Seems that things only go through the roof is if the EOL was 2 years or really anything less than 2 years i.e. Green Grocer.

A few members on this site have the ability to order from LEGO directly at wholesale prices. Maybe they are privey to this type of information.

*EDIT his previous post stated that he got this info from a local toy shop

Cool. How do you attain this special super secret ability. I mean besides just being really really good looking... (says in Zoolander voice)

i ordered this set many times since Dec '12 but always returned it due to poor box condition upon arrival (5 diff orders in Dec, Jan, and Feb). thus, i had zero of these sets as of this morning. Anyway, i called amazon today since 10221 is in-stock and my customer support rep agreed to match my Dec price $319-$20 holiday promo plus tax). THANK YOU amazon. my fingers are crossed this one arrives in even above avg condition. i even upgraded to 1 day shipping to limit the transit time. if you had similar problems buying this from amazon in the past, give their customer service a call. be sure to have your previous order #s ready for quick reference. they will look up price paid. their US # is 1-866-216-1072