10221 - UCS: Super Star Destroyer

Jeff Mack

SSD  

395 members have voted

1. 1. How many sealed SSD's do you have

• 4-5
    • 6-10
    • more than 10
    • I'm Emazers and I built a replica SSD out of sealed SSDs.

I also have had excellent results in shipping. Hopefully all the shipments you have sent back have been justified. I've heard of Amazon dumping customers that complain too many times. I'm not accusing you of anything. The package you show in the pictures definitely needs to be resolved. Just stating what I've read from other's experiences.

I also have had excellent results in shipping. Hopefully all the shipments you have sent back have been justified. I've heard of Amazon dumping customers that complain too many times. I'm not accusing you of anything. The package you show in the pictures definitely needs to be resolved. Just stating what I've read from other's experiences.

i also had excellent results with small to medium Lego boxes with Amazon. This is the lone set that just won't arrive in decent condition due to how it is packed (and maybe even how stored in the warehouse). note: I never had a non-lego shipping issue with amazon.

regarding too many returns, i should be fine. i've learned to video record opening important purchases from ebay, amazon, etc... i shared one recording with amazon last month and pics this time around so the "key" info is noted on my account so they believe me. plus, i always return the sets unopened / sealed as they arrived (so no shadiness there).

for what it is worth, 2 of my last 3 reps stated this set has a high return rate. that is why it goes out of stock. they try to figure out what is going with the returns and shipping. no idea if this is true.

So the 7th replacement arrived today. it was shipped in two boxes (box w/in a box). The Lego box is easily a 9 out of 10. However, there is a problem. The bottom side has a tear. I just can't win vs. amazon. What do you all think? Does a tear like this greatly impact investment value?

So the 7th replacement arrived today. it was shipped in two boxes (box w/in a box).

The Lego box is easily a 9 out of 10. However, there is a problem. The bottom side has a tear. I just can't win vs. amazon.

What do you all think? Does a tear like this greatly impact investment value?

I think that the box is in decent enough condition that it won't greatly impact the selling price of your set. I'm sure if you want to contact Amazon Customer Service for a partial refund, they would give you like $30+ for it. Not sure if this is what you have in mind, but IMO, it's ok to keep this one, as it is only one mark. Anyways, whenever I list my sets, I always say that the item may come with minor shelf wear during shipping, even if I am holding a box that is in mint condition, since I would like to avoid having to settle a dispute with a buyer and risk some negative feedback.

A few members on this site have the ability to order from LEGO directly at wholesale prices. Maybe they are privey to this type of information.

*EDIT his previous post stated that he got this info from a local toy shop

How exactly does one come to obtain such an ability? Haha! As for SSD, I'm still debating if I should buy one now or wait.

• 2 weeks later...

This guy is selling an opened 10221 for 275.00. He claims it's "opened" but never assembled. I've inquired to ask whether or not the individual brick baggies are still sealed inside the opened box or if they are opened too. If the baggies are sealed I may make an offer of 250 or so and build this thing, but I really need to know all of the pieces are there. If he opened the baggies, I'm not going to go for it, as there would be no way to recoup my money if it's incomplete. http://austin.craigslist.org/tag/3749265582.html

I've had some good luck on craigslist. I actually picked up a 10221 off craigslist on monday. The outer box was open, but the four inner boxes were still sealed and there was no evidence of tampering. Anyway, usually i find if i can actually get a reply from a seller, then the deal is legit. Just don't ask why he's selling it, you won't believe him anyway :) good luck!

I've had some good luck on craigslist. I actually picked up a 10221 off craigslist on monday. The outer box was open, but the four inner boxes were still sealed and there was no evidence of tampering. Anyway, usually i find if i can actually get a reply from a seller, then the deal is legit. Just don't ask why he's selling it, you won't believe him anyway :) good luck!

A female replied and stated the SSD comes in separate boxes within the main box, and that only the first box was opened. She alleges that her 12 year old son opened it only to realize it was beyond his "skill level". Sounds innocent enough, and her story verifies what you are stating about the inner boxes, so at this point I'm thinking it's more likely legit than a scam. If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for your opened 10221?

A female replied and stated the SSD comes in separate boxes within the main box, and that only the first box was opened. She alleges that her 12 year old son opened it only to realize it was beyond his "skill level". Sounds innocent enough, and her story verifies what you are stating about the inner boxes, so at this point I'm thinking it's more likely legit than a scam. If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for your opened 10221?

150. And don't be jealous, cuz i still got in trouble with the wife.

150. And don't be jealous, cuz i still got in trouble with the wife.

Wow, excellent price. And yeah, my live in gf will want to kill me if she sees this, I'll definitely have to lie about how much I pay for it, good thing I don't ever mix my bank account with women.

I asked a while ago how close she was to the downtown area but she never replied, so maybe she already sold it. If she replies, I'm going to offer 250 and see what happens.

Well, she never answered my second email despite me replying to her first one within 10 minutes. This leads me to believe someone else committed to buy immediately while I was still asking questions. Oh well, what can you do. Lego collecting/investing is a cutthroat business here in Austin.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I thought emazers had stated in a post somewhere that this was on the wholesaler's order list as being available throughout the year 2013, but I could be mistaken. Either way, I feel like 400 is a bunch for this set. Sure, the set should rise in value, but I'm going to wait until its on sale again or I just won't bother.