10221 - UCS: Super Star Destroyer

Jeff Mack

SSD  

395 members have voted

1. 1. How many sealed SSD's do you have

• 4-5
    • 6-10
    • more than 10
    • I'm Emazers and I built a replica SSD out of sealed SSDs.

There's always a potential May the 4th sale that might bring it down. But then it's also possible that it will be OOS when you go to get it. Weighing discount vs. availability, it's up to the investor really on whether or not they want to wait a tiny bit. Things to consider.

I really doubt we will see any discount on the SSD, so I wouldn't count on waiting until May 4th. I personally don't think you can weigh discount vs. availability because one of the two is fairly uncertain and probably won't happen. Look at it this way... Buy now for $400, or wait and buy for $600+.

I really doubt we will see any discount on the SSD, so I wouldn't count on waiting until May 4th. I personally don't think you can weigh discount vs. availability because one of the two is fairly uncertain and probably won't happen. Look at it this way... Buy now for $400, or wait and buy for $600+.

There is over 1,000 left on amazon with a limit of 2 per order. I hope these make it until May 4 th.

Send an email to lego asking when will be possible to buy SSD again. During christmas when 10197 FB was SOLD OUT I wrote an email and Lego answered me that FB was EOL but the RETIRED PRODUCT tag appears after one month

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Brickpicker mobile app

Send an email to lego asking when will be possible to buy SSD again. During christmas when 10197 FB was SOLD OUT I wrote an email and Lego answered me that FB was EOL but the RETIRED PRODUCT tag appears after one month

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Brickpicker mobile app

That's...actually quite interesting, considering how much doubt we cast towards information that comes out of LEGO on EOL information. Which LEGO email address did you send your question to?

Do keep us posted, I'm very curious to see the response.

You can always just order it from Target, use a Red card and get 5% off. If you use Target pharmacy they send out 5% off coupons that will stack with the Red card discount.

The only thing that makes me nervous about ordering this from Target is the line:

"Please note this item ships in its original packaging and cannot be gift-wrapped or concealed."

I am not clear as to whether they would still put it in a secondary box for shipping.

The only thing that makes me nervous about ordering this from Target is the line:

"Please note this item ships in its original packaging and cannot be gift-wrapped or concealed."

I am not clear as to whether they would still put it in a secondary box for shipping.

I think that it means that Target will ship the set in the original box from Lego because of its massive size. I highly doubt that they would just ship the set with no protection.

I just received another SSD from Amazon and Target in a box in perfect condition.  As a matter of fact, I received a SSD from LEGO S@H with a gash in it.

I just got a GE from them that was packaged well enough for me to simply remove the packing slip and address label and pack it away. I'll ship it out in the same box it came in when I sell it.

The only retailer I ever received any item from with no outer shipping box was Walmart, and that was a large/oversized box.  Target is usually solid with packaging.  Amazon is solid, but you do get an occasional roughed up box, but their returns are excellent.  I have had my share of poorly shipped boxes from S@H.  Yoyo and Shopko are excellent.

• Like 1

Its funny - I have never had a bad shipment from the Lego store. Probably everything I have ever bought from them was MINT.

Yoyo is great because they over pack.

Entertainment Earth and Fry's are awesome because if you buy the right quantity, they will send them to you in the Lego resale box.

Ditto here for very thing you typed except Fry's as I never ordered from them.

Carp I wanted one more! Crazy that Amazon's stock dropped so quickly (for a set this size). I am still hoping LEGO Shop at Home will have enough for a sale on May 4th.

If they come back in stock in time. Maybe they will, but they could sell out again very quickly.