Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

11 minutes ago, pete411 said:

Does anyone have the wherewithal to fix the listing for Santa's Workshop? The main listing currently does not show up in search as it's listed as a split listing with the Winter Toy Shop. 

Just open a case with seller support and have them split the listing. Make sure to give them 5 star feedback when they help you out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 33Lego said:

When would sales normally pick up?

First week of Dec?

Alot more advertising inventory on Amazon, no more google shopping adds or links, and alot more resellers, means less traffic and alot more competition for that reduced traffic on Amazon this year. Having said that sales should have been gathering steam since the beginning of the month. However lots of sellers are reporting dead and slow sales. If you are witnessing slowish sales make sure you are priced to win or share the buy box, run PPC, and also consider running your own external adds pointing to your Amazon storefront. The days of listing something thinking it will sell just because it is on Amazon are long gone.

The Amazon marketplace is now mature and saturated and shoppers are alot more savvy which means they have been buying the same sales you have on walmart and target. Competition for the smaller pool of desperate shoppers who procrastinated is going to be fierce. Adapt and take advantage of the cheap keywords on the Amazon platform while you still can because they are only going to get more expensive every month. The big boys are moving all of their advertising budget from facebook and google to Amazon. I have seen some pages where 60% of real estate is now headline adds, side and bottom rails, and sponsored adds sprinkled every 2-3 listings in the middle. All of those adds are competing to redirect your items customers to purchase your competitions items. Add revenue will eventually dwarf selling commissions on Amazon. 

• Like 1

Looking for advice on 2 returns:

1. Received an FBA return notification today with Reason "Order not received", and they reimbursed the buyer from my account. Will this correct itself, or do I need to open a case to get reimbursed myself by Amazon?

2. Had a return on 11/6 with refund reason "General Adjustment", and again money got taken from my account. What do I do here?

I also cannot find a page where I can track the return status of Amazon Fulfilled orders. I always have to wait, hope and pray to see if the item comes back in my inventory, or whether it shows up in Stranded/Unfulfillable. Does anyone know where a "personal" seller such as me can find better status information on returns?

1 minute ago, Phil B said:

1. Received an FBA return notification today with Reason "Order not received", and they reimbursed the buyer from my account. Will this correct itself, or do I need to open a case to get reimbursed myself by Amazon?

2. Had a return on 11/6 with refund reason "General Adjustment", and again money got taken from my account. What do I do here?

I also cannot find a page where I can track the return status of Amazon Fulfilled orders. I always have to wait, hope and pray to see if the item comes back in my inventory, or whether it shows up in Stranded/Unfulfillable. Does anyone know where a "personal" seller such as me can find better status information on returns?

you have to file what's called a SAFE-T claim for any issues where Amazon proactively refunds the customer. 

pretty much based on you to keep track and request this from them each time.

based on the info, they will accept or reject your claim.

5 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Looking for advice on 2 returns:

You should receive refunds on both should the items not fund themselves back to amazon. For INR and general adjustment I’ve found that in most cases that items are not returned and you will be reimbursed within 45 Days.

you can track return for the fba return tab and it sometimes gives more detailed infinity and customer comments.

i use an excel sheet to track all returns 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bold-Arrow said:

You should receive refunds on both should the items not fund themselves back to amazon. For INR and general adjustment I’ve found that in most cases that items are not returned and you will be reimbursed within 45 Days.

you can track return for the fba return tab and it sometimes gives more detailed infinity and customer comments.

Ah, found the page! https://sellercentral.amazon.com/fba-return?ref_=xxx_fba_myr

On 11/24/2018 at 8:56 PM, Bold-Arrow said:

One more: I just received another "General Adjustment" refund, for $9, on an order that already got refunded for the full price. The $9 shows up under "Other". What's going on here?

image.png.153f1de6e62f59b256a6b19d227b2d97.png

11 hours ago, Phil B said:

One more: I just received another "General Adjustment" refund, for $9, on an order that already got refunded for the full price. The $9 shows up under "Other". What's going on here?

image.png.153f1de6e62f59b256a6b19d227b2d97.png

General adjustments usually get refunded faster than 45 days. They are for when a customer really complains. Not uncommon to see refunds for 5 or 6 times an items price if the customer complains hard enough. Say a customer moans that they had to go buy a replacement from somewhere else because Amazon screwed up that cost them alot more and time and gas. Amazon will pay them off to keep them happy and buying from Amazon. It is a good idea to comb through everything at the end of each quarter to make sure Amazon has reimbursed you everything they owe. You will be surprised how many reimbursements "slip" through the cracks.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, 33Lego said:

do we know how will it work?
amzn collect and they will transfer the tax to the state
or
amzn collect; give it to us and we will file sale tax return to the state?

Amazon collects and transfers so all of the deadbeat CT residents who don't file use tax can't skirt the system any longer.

5 minutes ago, micbelt said:

People that come into a listing at prices significantly below the buybox are really starting to annoy me. I mean, learn how to price or get off the platform. Ridiculous to be undercutting so much right now when stuff is selling. Rant over.

Usually people that set it to the buy box price when they ship it and don't realize how much the price will rise this time or year.  Or they don't bump the price up on inactive stuff.  If someone cancels an order or it gets refunded, it will go back to the price you last sold it at if you don't have a system to avoid that.  I'm selling stuff for $10 or $15 more now than I was just on Thanksgiving so things can change that quickly.

• Like 3