Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

23 minutes ago, 33Lego said:

I just got one of my listing removed since a buyer complaints "used sold as new"

Not sure if this is a real buyer or a potential competitor of the listing.

Want to see if you guys saw this happen before and how to resolve the issue.

I've seen it happen. Seems FBA buyers using it as it excuse to get free return shipping. The email should ask you for "invoices." Best advice is to just respond that you no longer carry the item & abandon the listing on amazon. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, 33Lego said:

I just got one of my listing removed since a buyer complaints "used sold as new"

What did Amazon say in the email notifying you of the listing being taken down?  I've never had that happen before.

1 minute ago, 33Lego said:

Asking for "plan of action".
That is what not clear to me :(

You can read the Amazon forums for plenty of advice on creating a good plan of action.  I've never had to do that, but my understanding is that there is a list of specific elements that you need to include to have a chance of success. 

43 minutes ago, 33Lego said:

Weird.  When that happens to me, I just get an e-mail that says "Please review your listings" due to a buyer complaint of "used-sold as new."  They haven't asked for POA or invoices and it's happened a couple times this year.  I think when I replied with my invoices and information last time, it seemed like a friendly warning.  I sent in invoices and explanation and the responses after that seemed stricter than the original e-mail.  Just got another one over the weekend.  The item was already sent back to me and looks perfect.  I think their "bots" look for certain words in return reasons/feedback like "used", "fake," etc.

My FBA fishing boat listing was blocked for the last 2 months and finally today i got this reply. Perfect MFN performance ?

I'm pretty sure this ASIN was blocked due to some weird snafu with there random toy restriction that hit a lot of sellers. I was never told to produce certificates for this listing. 

image.png.f2ec741f6ef59601f8f7c1bc80aa3357.png

5 hours ago, cobrakai said:

Weird.  When that happens to me, I just get an e-mail that says "Please review your listings" due to a buyer complaint of "used-sold as new."  They haven't asked for POA or invoices and it's happened a couple times this year.  I think when I replied with my invoices and information last time, it seemed like a friendly warning.  I sent in invoices and explanation and the responses after that seemed stricter than the original e-mail.  Just got another one over the weekend.  The item was already sent back to me and looks perfect.  I think their "bots" look for certain words in return reasons/feedback like "used", "fake," etc.

If you meet certain internal metrics they let you just do a quick review of the listing and then activate it again yourself. Congrats you made their nice list :)

• Like 1

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-amazon-com-germany/amazons-treatment-of-sellers-comes-under-scrutiny-in-germany-idUSKCN1NY10H

BERLIN (Reuters) - Germany’s antitrust authority has launched an investigation into whether U.S. ecommerce giant Amazon (AMZN.O) is exploiting its market dominance in its relations with third-party retailers who use its website as a marketplace. The move comes as European regulators have been taking a tough line on U.S. tech giants like Google (GOOGL.O) and Facebook (FB.O), with the European Commission also looking into Amazon’s dual role as retailer and marketplace.

22 minutes ago, Phil B said:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-amazon-com-germany/amazons-treatment-of-sellers-comes-under-scrutiny-in-germany-idUSKCN1NY10H

BERLIN (Reuters) - Germany’s antitrust authority has launched an investigation into whether U.S. ecommerce giant Amazon (AMZN.O) is exploiting its market dominance in its relations with third-party retailers who use its website as a marketplace. The move comes as European regulators have been taking a tough line on U.S. tech giants like Google (GOOGL.O) and Facebook (FB.O), with the European Commission also looking into Amazon’s dual role as retailer and marketplace.

No one should hold their breath for this having any impact in the U.S.  Our antitrust authorities have a much different approach to enforcement than the EU regulators do.  

1 hour ago, jeff_14 said:

Indeed. This is their approach - zzzzzzzzzz

I wouldn't agree with that because both the DOJ and FTC are very active in pursuing certain issues and industries, but they have not been particularly focused on the type of issues implicated by the business practices that the EU regulators are looking into. 

6 minutes ago, minicoopers11 said:

Still, changes forced by EU may very well be implemented by AMZN in US, just for simplicity sake. Or not.

Or, the visibility caused by a potential negative (for AMZN) outcome of the German probe will spur US authorities to investigate. Snowball effect.

Just a heads up for those using seller fulfilled prime as of today you can no longer do the wed-sat cutoff trick to use first class or even priority mail for nationwide coverage. They are also banning seller fulfilled prime for those sellers doing to backordered instock future date trick. You can still use first class and priority wed-sat for regions very close to you. Also be aware first class and priority prices will be bumped up significantly next year. Going forward SFP will continue to be pushed heavily by Amazon but it will only really be suitable for your larger margin items for nationwide. SFP small and light may still be suitable for your less than $15 items depending on margin.

• Like 1

If a customer receives a FBA item and it is damaged in shipment, do we just have to eat it? Logic would say Amazon has to eat it since it was their fault, but sure enough I have an unfulfillable item in my inventory that was a customer return because it was received crushed.

Just now, bbr said:

If a customer receives a FBA item and it is damaged in shipment, do we just have to eat it? Logic would say Amazon has to eat it since it was their fault, but sure enough I have an unfulfillable item in my inventory that was a customer return because it was received crushed.

it all depends on what the customer has selected as reason for return and the disposition Amazon has it under 

1 minute ago, Bold-Arrow said:

it all depends on what the customer has selected as reason for return and the disposition Amazon has it under 

Reason for refund "Damaged During Transit". Amazon lists it as "defective" in my unfulfillable inventory.

Just now, bbr said:

Reason for refund "Damaged During Transit". Amazon lists it as "defective" in my unfulfillable inventory.

you will need to recall, inspect, and if you think you have a case for reimbursement you will need to open one with seller support. So recall first before you do anything and take it from there. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

you will need to recall, inspect, and if you think you have a case for reimbursement you will need to open one with seller support. So recall first before you do anything and take it from there. 

Okay, thanks for the help!