Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

1 hour ago, cobrakai said:

Have you sold a Joker Lowrider recently or did you have any in stock when the e-mails originally went out?  I think that is the reason why some people were asked about certain sets and others were not.  Every item on my list was either in stock or I had sold within fairly recently (6 months maybe?) Every set that others received an e-mail about and I didn't was out of stock and hadn't sold any for a while (but still had an inactive listing.)

No i listed it after emails came out because it said Toy in description. The other sets I have sold this year but longer than 6 months. The bear has been poked. 

On 11/2/2018 at 11:06 AM, redcell said:

Someone on the Amazon forums just posted that the head of Product Safety at Lego had called to question Amazon on why they are doing this.  I'm hoping that this will all bubble up far enough that it gets brought back in line with reality.  

The same guy said he received the test reports as well, submitted them and was approved 6 hours later.  He says they closed the case.

He didn't provide any example or explanation of what these test reports are?

I've been trying to schedule my pickup with fedex the last 3 days. First day the customer service lady put down the wrong street. Second day no one shows up. Finally a nice gentlemen comes today. 

We fill up his fedex truck, looking at 15 boxes left... He goes huh? I'm going to call my boss. After 20 minutes on the phone,  "we have to take some of these out. Someone may be back later to get them."

I politely said, some one best show up. TBD.

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, landphieran said:

I've been trying to schedule my pickup with fedex the last 3 days. First day the customer service lady put down the wrong street. Second day no one shows up. Finally a nice gentlemen comes today. 

We fill up his fedex truck, looking at 15 boxes left... He goes huh? I'm going to call my boss. After 20 minutes on the phone,  "we have to take some of these out. Someone may be back later to get them."

Is this a "service" that you pay for, or does FedEx do free pickups?

Just now, Jackson said:

I honestly have no idea.I have a fedex account which they normally would bill for the pickup but i know you used to be able to get free pickups as long as you used Amazon labels.

In the past I used UPS and they would charge you 8-10$ for scheduling a pickup.

I usually schedule a pickup if i can't fit the shipment in my cargo van. I've delivered shipments in two batches before and have had huge problems with Amazon not receiving the inventory correctly.

10 minutes ago, Jackson said:

FBA boxes are free pickup with Fed Ex.  Just make an account online and schedule it on the website as a ground pickup.  I've done UPS smart pickups since 2014 and have never been charged.  They do 1 year free pickup promos and don't usually charge you after the year is up. Fed Ex has to be scheduled for the next business day and usually makes you enter in box quantity and weight estimates.  UPS doesn't ask for this info on Smart Pickups and you can schedule pickups for same day before the cutoff time you set.  I've requested UPS pickups as late as 3pm and they still come that day (or late LATE night during the Holiday rush.)  Fed Ex is usually cheaper, but not always.  UPS has been more consistent and reliable for me though.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, landphieran said:

How many boxes were you shipping?  I considered doing a Fedex pickup, but had too many boxes so I just hired movers to haul it down to Fedex.

2 hours ago, redcell said:

How many boxes were you shipping?  I considered doing a Fedex pickup, but had too many boxes so I just hired movers to haul it down to Fedex.

70 extra large home depot boxes

The second guy showed up with a moving style truck and if it was empty it could fit close to that. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

IMG_3932.JPG

This is always the busiest time of year where receiving and sending high volumes of packages overlap. During this time I often wonder, "Didn't you become an engineer so you didn't have to pack and un-pack boxes all day?" "Calculus must have been preparation for labeling Lego boxes for hours, while being sleep deprived and still putting them on straight" "Having a little side hustle is the cool thing to do, is this still cool?"

• Like 7

Just found that the ASINs flagged for safety documentation were no longer in my Inventory Page. Just disappeared..

What happened to me:

(1) received request for safety documentation for a few ASINs (both LEGO and non-LEGO)

(2) submitted the Child Safety Certification downloaded from LEGO website

(3)  received the rejection message and asking for test report and product image (Nov 1)

(4) sold all remaining FBA inventory for those ASINs.

(5) today, found that the ASINs are no longer in my FBA inventory page or Inventory page

5 minutes ago, zmnnch said:

Just found that the ASINs flagged for safety documentation were no longer in my Inventory Page. Just disappeared..

What happened to me:

(1) received request for safety documentation for a few ASINs (both LEGO and non-LEGO)

(2) submitted the Child Safety Certification downloaded from LEGO website

(3)  received the rejection message and asking for test report and product image (Nov 1)

(4) sold all remaining FBA inventory for those ASINs.

(5) today, found that the ASINs are no longer in my FBA inventory page or Inventory page

Now what happens if you try to list one?

4 hours ago, landphieran said:

This is always the busiest time of year where receiving and sending high volumes of packages overlap. During this time I often wonder, "Didn't you become an engineer so you didn't have to pack and un-pack boxes all day?" "Calculus must have been preparation for labeling Lego boxes for hours, while being sleep deprived and still putting them on straight" "Having a little side hustle is the cool thing to do, is this still cool?"

This is when it is more profitable to hire someone so you can focus on tasks that generate much higher profit. We have one employee at $10 per hour to unbox, prep, and pack while we handle the buying and admin. If you have a trusted friend, family member or neighbor I would highly recommend going this route if you can.

• Like 2