Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

1 hour ago, redcell said:

How many ASINs were you asked to provide documentation on for Lego products?  Does that retraction completely cover what they had asked for or are there other ASINs that you are still required to provide documentation on?

Flagged on 11, closed 11, just received the email on that one.

See email below I just got from AMZ. Looks like I am authorized to sell 10811 after all although AMZ refused the Lego.com safety certificate on it, I deleted the ASIN from my inventory and I closed the case.  The note for FBA sellers at the bottom is really confusing to me. I think they mean the other two toys that I got flagged for initially and that are still not approved for safety. No kidding but for a minute I read this note like the only toy I can sell on AMZ starting Dec 8 is 10811. ?!? What.

Hello,

We previously contacted you requesting safety documentation in order to sell items in the Toys category. We no longer need documents for the items listed below. If you were contacted regarding other items not listed below, you must provide us with required safety documentation.

No action is required from you for the following items.

For more information on the requirements to sell toys, please see the following Help page: https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/external/GV9VZ5A7PJZQYRFF

Thank you for doing business with Amazon.

Sincerely,
Amazon Services

Note for FBA sellers: If you have other Toys inventory (not listed above) in our fulfillment centers that hasn’t been approved by November 9, 2018, please request removal within 30 days. Instructions for creating a removal order can be found at: https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/external/G200280650. Standard FBA Return Fees or FBA Disposal Fees will apply.

Impacted Asins:

B01CU9WLF0

Does it matter if my FBA boxes are over 25 inches and more than 50lbs? Do they really care? I've heard people shipping boxes over 25 inches and over 50 lbs and they got no problems with it but I don't want to risk it with this box since it NEED to be available for sale before Christmas otherwise it's useless for the next 11 months.

Edited by Lego_Monsters

1 minute ago, Lego_Monsters said:

Does it matter if my FBA boxes are over 25 inches and more than 50lbs? Do they really care? I've heard people shipping boxes over 25 inches and over 50 lbs and they got no problems with it but I don't want to risk it with this box since it NEED to be available for sale before Christmas otherwise it's useless for the next 11 months.

You will eventually get a warning that might lead to suspension if the issue is not fixed . 

5 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

I know a seller that got a warning along with a picture showing his box being over the 25 inch limit . It even showed them using a measuring tape to prove it . 

Got away the first time? Or is it one strike and you're out kinda thing?

I'm over by 1 inch and took a few items out to make it under 50lbs. 

I got all my items being shipped to one FBA center which is like.....almost winning the lottery for me.

Edited by Lego_Monsters

Not sure if this is the best thread, I have been using UPS for all my FBA shipping. I am seriously considering switching to FedEx because of repeated frustration with UPS. I've NOT used FedEx before, is the process similar? Costs similar? Scheduled pickup costs similar? Anyone have any two cents on if I should just put up with UPS, or if swapping over isn't that big of a deal?

3 minutes ago, Achilles said:

Not sure if this is the best thread, I have been using UPS for all my FBA shipping. I am seriously considering switching to FedEx because of repeated frustration with UPS. I've NOT used FedEx before, is the process similar? Costs similar? Scheduled pickup costs similar? Anyone have any two cents on if I should just put up with UPS, or if swapping over isn't that big of a deal?

p/u costs are free per previous posts re FedEx

4 minutes ago, Achilles said:

I switched over to Fedex after UPS lost 17 boxes in a recent shipment.  I think that the costs depend on the distance that you are shipping.  For me, it seems like closer shipments are cheaper than UPS, but longer ones are more expensive.  However, Fedex didn't lose a single one of the boxes in my last shipment, which counts in their favor.

The process for using Fedex is exactly the same.  You just have to click a different button when setting up your shipment.

7 minutes ago, Achilles said:

What's frustrating about UPS?

2 minutes ago, redcell said:

I switched over to Fedex after UPS lost 17 boxes in a recent shipment.  I think that the costs depend on the distance that you are shipping.  For me, it seems like closer shipments are cheaper than UPS, but longer ones are more expensive.  However, Fedex didn't lose a single one of the boxes in my last shipment, which counts in their favor.

The process for using Fedex is exactly the same.  You just have to click a different button when setting up your shipment.

I puked a little reading this.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jackson said:

For me, them losing $5,000 worth of inventory

Just now, exciter1 said:

I puked a little reading this.

It actually didn't end up being too bad.  I opened a case with Amazon and they reimbursed me for all of the lost inventory after I submitted receipts to document that I had actually purchased the inventory.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, redcell said:

It actually didn't end up being too bad.  I opened a case with Amazon and they reimbursed me for all of the lost inventory after I submitted receipts to document that I had actually purchased the inventory.

few weeks down the road they will send you an email on how to properly secure the shipping labels. Always the seller's fault. 

1 minute ago, Bold-Arrow said:

few weeks down the road they will send you an email on how to properly secure the shipping labels. Always the seller's fault. 

That actually may have been what the problem was.  I switched things up when I sent in my big shipment and started putting a shipping label in a shipping window envelope.  The adhesive on those stuck much better than any label I've ever used.

22 minutes ago, redcell said:

That actually may have been what the problem was.  I switched things up when I sent in my big shipment and started putting a shipping label in a shipping window envelope.  The adhesive on those stuck much better than any label I've ever used.

I use cheap generic labels, live in frigid climates and never had any issues. 

I know this is my personal interaction with limited scope. I used to ship UPS, however the freight driver continually complained and rudely threw around my packages. I l lost the occasional box. At the time I assumed it was probably a mix of Amazon and UPS.

Since switching to Fedex I've never filed a case for a missing shipment (I didn't realize this until now). Though there was a hiccup getting my packages picked up last time; the drivers were patient, shook my hand, thanked me for my business, thanked me for helping and an off the clock driver ended up picking up the rest of my boxes.

Edited by landphieran

25 minutes ago, Jackson said:

While I've had several frustrations with them over the years, but here's the latest tale of woe that's causing me to consider a complete changeover:

I scheduled a UPS pickup for between 6pm and 7pm Monday night via the website. I was actually there around 5:15. I moved my outgoing packages to a convenient location (30 or so). No one showed by 7:15 - So I check the website history for my request, it says they attempted the pickup but was unsuccessful. I call the 1-800 UPS customer service line (as there's no way to talk to the local center), and after speaking to customer service and a generic supervisor, they said the driver marked down the business closed early. I ask them what time the driver made those notes. They say 5:30. I said, my pickup was scheduled for between 6 and 7pm, and for the record, I was also here at 5:15pm, so the driver lied. They again put me on hold for 20 minutes while they talk to the local facility, and tell me they will do the pickup for the next night between the same hours as there are no drivers avail at this point.

While I was upset that the driver lied, and no one attempted to even call me (even if they DID show up and no one was there, what if I was in the bathroom?), I say OK because there's not really anything I can do.

So, Tuesday night rolls around, I am again there at 5:15. I call UPS right away, to make sure everything is on track. They say yes. (20 minutes later). At 6:45, still no one has shown up. So I again call, and get the exact same story from Monday night - No drivers are available and no one can pick up. They don't even give me a reason why no one showed up. Another 20 minutes of hold later, they say someone from the local facility will call me within 30 minutes. No one calls.

So, here we are on Wednesday. Another 40 minutes on hold with UPS and Supervisor, and waiting a call back for the 4th time from the local facility. They tell me the real reason the pickup didn't happen on Monday was because they had an incorrect address. But again, no one called, and I verified the address was correct on my submission form.

I am actually just going to head down there on my lunch break to speak to someone and get this squared away. But at this point, I want to look at another option. The lack of communication, the inability to speak to someone at the local facility, and everything else, has just pushed me past my patience limit. 

Obviously this time of year is critical, and with my other obligations, I don't have time to play these games. I need to schedule pickups and have stuff picked up.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Achilles said:

While I've had several frustrations with them over the years, but here's the latest tale of woe that's causing me to consider a complete changeover:

I scheduled a UPS pickup for between 6pm and 7pm Monday night via the website. I was actually there around 5:15. I moved my outgoing packages to a convenient location (30 or so). No one showed by 7:15 - So I check the website history for my request, it says they attempted the pickup but was unsuccessful. I call the 1-800 UPS customer service line (as there's no way to talk to the local center), and after speaking to customer service and a generic supervisor, they said the driver marked down the business closed early. I ask them what time the driver made those notes. They say 5:30. I said, my pickup was scheduled for between 6 and 7pm, and for the record, I was also here at 5:15pm, so the driver lied. They again put me on hold for 20 minutes while they talk to the local facility, and tell me they will do the pickup for the next night between the same hours as there are no drivers avail at this point.

While I was upset that the driver lied, and no one attempted to even call me (even if they DID show up and no one was there, what if I was in the bathroom?), I say OK because there's not really anything I can do.

So, Tuesday night rolls around, I am again there at 5:15. I call UPS right away, to make sure everything is on track. They say yes. (20 minutes later). At 6:45, still no one has shown up. So I again call, and get the exact same story from Monday night - No drivers are available and no one can pick up. They don't even give me a reason why no one showed up. Another 20 minutes of hold later, they say someone from the local facility will call me within 30 minutes. No one calls.

So, here we are on Wednesday. Another 40 minutes on hold with UPS and Supervisor, and waiting a call back for the 4th time from the local facility. They tell me the real reason the pickup didn't happen on Monday was because they had an incorrect address. But again, no one called, and I verified the address was correct on my submission form.

I am actually just going to head down there on my lunch break to speak to someone and get this squared away. But at this point, I want to look at another option. The lack of communication, the inability to speak to someone at the local facility, and everything else, has just pushed me past my patience limit. 

Obviously this time of year is critical, and with my other obligations, I don't have time to play these games. I need to schedule pickups and have stuff picked up.

Yikes. I pretty much have the same UPS and Fed Ex drivers for pickups every day. They seem to switch routes/ drivers every 6 months or so. Only 1 or 2 pickup issues in 4 years of using UPS smart pickups. 

3 hours ago, redcell said:

Wow, must be a nightmare trying to find all those receipts adding up to $5000.

• Like 1