Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

45 minutes ago, redcell said:

Did anyone end up getting their listings shut down over the toy safety testing reports?  I had one ASIN flagged and got a message saying that I was denied on it, but they never took it down.

No, I can list them all. I'm tempted to send some in anyway.

On 8/31/2018 at 8:38 PM, joch29 said:
On 8/31/2018 at 8:38 PM, joch29 said:
August 2018

New policy: Cancelled, misrouted, and incomplete shipments

Effective August 31, 2018, you are required to send the stated quantity of each product in your approved shipment plan to the facility assigned by Amazon. Amazon will notify you when we observe actions that are not compliant with this policy (for example, cancelling parts of a multi-destination shipment plan after you've approved it, misrouting shipments, or sending incomplete shipments). We may suspend your ability to ship products to us if we observe continued non-compliance with this policy.

I guess there are doing away with the changing 6 items or 5% of the total  inventory shipment

Interestingly enough, I'm see way less split-shipment plans recently. My last shipment of 5 boxes with 30 MSKUs in total had to be sent just to 1 warehouse, and it's the one that typically receives 2 days after I ship and checks in the same day the shipment comes in (MDW2). Though some of it then goes to FC Transfer and stays unavailable for 1-2 weeks. Before the above policy came into effect I typically had to split such a shipment up over 3 or 4 DCs, and that's where "playing around with the numbers" helped. Anyone else observe the same?

My understanding is normally there isn't enough demand or warehouse space to accept everything in one spot. So they have you send it to a place where it will most likely sell and they can store. At this point in time, they have such insane demand and stock levels are fluctuating. It's easier to send it to a distribution hub and then fc it to areas in need when it arrives.

Something strange today. I didn’t meet the FBM minimum but have been actively selling FBA. All of my FBM listings were “suppressed”. Well - today an order comes through, FBM. Clears pending status. I checked my inventory and some of my FBM items are now “active”, some still “suppressed”. I can make new listings FBM, I get the email confirmation and all, but the listings aren’t “active”.

Possible glitch? Seems random. I’m shipping the order of course, since it’s cleared pending status.

The holidays are here, which means...customer issues...yay.  I shipped a small FBM set, and the customer said they never received it despite it being marked as Delivered a week prior.  They said they called their post office, who said they didn't have it, and they asked me to ship a replacement (but I don't have any more).  Is the correct action to tell the customer to contact AMZ for a refund?  If I recall right, they should refund them and not give me a strike if I shipped using an AMZ label, correct?

Dear Seller,

USPS notified all their customers that December 5th 2018 will be a national day of mourning for USPS in honor of former President George H.W. Bush. Due to this, USPS will not deliver or schedule pick-ups for USPS on December 5th 2018. As a result, USPS will not be available in Buy Shipping on Wednesday. Please purchase shipping from other ship methods that are available in Buy Shipping services. 

*** Please note, you will have to maintain Buy Shipping usage rate of 98% during this period. 

Guest TabbyBoy
15 hours ago, DadsAFOL said:

Dear Seller,

USPS notified all their customers that December 5th 2018 will be a national day of mourning for USPS in honor of former President George H.W. Bush. Due to this, USPS will not deliver or schedule pick-ups for USPS on December 5th 2018. As a result, USPS will not be available in Buy Shipping on Wednesday. Please purchase shipping from other ship methods that are available in Buy Shipping services. 

*** Please note, you will have to maintain Buy Shipping usage rate of 98% during this period. 

It won't happen in the UK until QE2 leaves the palace feet first. A bit morbid, but the Buckingham Palace set will do well ?

On 11/23/2018 at 11:30 AM, asharerin said:

Just open a case with seller support and have them split the listing. Make sure to give them 5 star feedback when they help you out.

Well they successfully split the listing but the Santa’s Workshop listing doesn’t show up at all in Amazon’s search bar. Googling it is the only way to find it. I’ve been going back and forth and support is no help. Welp. There’ll be no SW sold this Christmas.

Did anyone else get an email from Amazon with the title "Your Applications to Sell Products on Amazon"?

"Dear Seller,

You recently submitted listings for products that require an application for approval. For your convenience, applications have been created for you.

To view, manage, and submit your applications, please navigate to the Selling Applications page in Seller Central:

Regards,
Amazon Services"

Yes.  I got one this morning.  Do you use a third party service for listing?  There was a notice about applications being automatically created when bulk uploading products.  I had an item come up restricted last night and needed to request approval so I figured that is what triggered it.

Just had a minor Christmas miracle. Sold a Batman Scuttler last month and suddenly got a return request today with a raving all caps message saying he was reporting me, was furious, that the box was a mess and looked "like it had been through a war". And that was just the reason for return! All of which is laughable as I always send out pristine sets. I then saw he left my first ever negative review, warning others to never do business with me and that I was not to be trusted, blah blah blah. So I issued the return mailing label, politely asked the buyer for the feedback to be removed (yeah right) and asked Amazon to remove it even though they say they only do so if there is vulgarity or personal info included. The automatic response was that the feedback was fine as per Amazon policy but surprise surprise when an actual human looked at it they agreed to do so!!!! I don't even want to ask for anything for Christmas after that luck. Up yours moron!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, 4cs said:

Did anyone else have their Harry Potter Bricktober sets go inactive? Mine are showing stranded with the "restricted ASIN" tag. I can't find them on AMZ site any longer?

my listing is still listed as active however if you click on the product page you get doa .  sigh - guessing bn was pi$$ed at their freebies for purchase on amazon?

Edited by cladner

11 minutes ago, 4cs said:

Did anyone else have their Harry Potter Bricktober sets go inactive? Mine are showing stranded with the "restricted ASIN" tag. I can't find them on AMZ site any longer?

I think this has to do with the fact that the listing was created by a third party and not Amazon so they are considering it to be violating the "Lego" trademark. I had the same thing happen to one of my listings that has "Bricktober" as part of the title.

Below is the response I got from Amazon Seller Support when I asked why the listing was unavailable.

Greetings from Amazon Seller Support,

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.

I see that you have contacted us regarding ASIN XXXXXXXXXXX is not appearing on the Amazon website.

I have checked the listing's detail with our internal records and I see that, our internal team have removed your listing because of concerns that your product ASIN XXXXXXXXXXX might not respect the intellectual property rights of others. Your listings might be using the trademark " Lego " incorrectly.

To resolve the issue, our team suggested you 2 options:

1. Either update the ASIN's brand name to the correct brand
Or
2. Remove the Lego trademark from the ASIN’s title.

If the ASIN is compatible with, or a spare part for Lego products, please update the ASIN title to use legally appropriate terms to clarify that the product is compatible with Lego or a Lego spare part. Obtain expert legal advice if you are not sure how to appropriately describe your product’s relationship to Lego products.

--------------------------------
Additional information:
--------------------------------

**** If you believe that Amazon has removed your ASINs in error, you can email Seller Support with supporting documentation (for example, letter of authorization, licensing agreement).

We will forward the documents to our internal team. So that they will help you in reinstating the listing.

To learn more about our policies, see Intellectual Property Violations: https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/G201361070?referral=A31BB6XXIARKDD_A2A7ZP0YJ6G4VM

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Have a nice day.

17 hours ago, jeff_14 said:

Just had a minor Christmas miracle. Sold a Batman Scuttler last month and suddenly got a return request today with a raving all caps message saying he was reporting me, was furious, that the box was a mess and looked "like it had been through a war". And that was just the reason for return! All of which is laughable as I always send out pristine sets. I then saw he left my first ever negative review, warning others to never do business with me and that I was not to be trusted, blah blah blah. So I issued the return mailing label, politely asked the buyer for the feedback to be removed (yeah right) and asked Amazon to remove it even though they say they only do so if there is vulgarity or personal info included. The automatic response was that the feedback was fine as per Amazon policy but surprise surprise when an actual human looked at it they agreed to do so!!!! I don't even want to ask for anything for Christmas after that luck. Up yours moron!

Here’s the response I received last night from dumbass. I reported it to Amazon and marked it “no response needed” since I already sent the label as per Amazon policy. What an idiot.

YOU SEND ME A LABEL WHERE I AM RESPONSIBLE FOR THE RETURN SHIPPING WHEN YOU SENT ME DEFECTIVE/DAMAGED GOODS?? YOU MUST BE KIDDING ME? I AM ONCE AGAIN REQUESTING A 'PRE-PAID' LABEL EITHER THROUGH CANADA POST, UPS, OR FEDEX FOR THE RETURN IMMEDIATELY OR I WILL BE CALLING AMAZON TO REPORT YOU ONCE AGAIN. STOP WASTING MY TIME. NO I WON'T REMOVE MY COMMENTS, IN FACT, IF YOU DON'T CORRECT THIS IMMEDIATELY I WILL ADD ANOTHER NEGATIVE COMMENT. THE BOX WAS DAMAGED IN MANY WAYS, IT WASN'T JUST THE STICKERS . IN ADDITION YOU PACK THE BOX WITH USED GROCERY BAGS AS FILLING??? ARE YOU KIDDING ME????

6 minutes ago, jeff_14 said:

Here’s the response I received last night from dumbass. I reported it to Amazon and marked it “no response needed” since I already sent the label as per Amazon policy. What an idiot.

YOU SEND ME A LABEL WHERE I AM RESPONSIBLE FOR THE RETURN SHIPPING WHEN YOU SENT ME DEFECTIVE/DAMAGED GOODS?? YOU MUST BE KIDDING ME? I AM ONCE AGAIN REQUESTING A 'PRE-PAID' LABEL EITHER THROUGH CANADA POST, UPS, OR FEDEX FOR THE RETURN IMMEDIATELY OR I WILL BE CALLING AMAZON TO REPORT YOU ONCE AGAIN. STOP WASTING MY TIME. NO I WON'T REMOVE MY COMMENTS, IN FACT, IF YOU DON'T CORRECT THIS IMMEDIATELY I WILL ADD ANOTHER NEGATIVE COMMENT. THE BOX WAS DAMAGED IN MANY WAYS, IT WASN'T JUST THE STICKERS . IN ADDITION YOU PACK THE BOX WITH USED GROCERY BAGS AS FILLING??? ARE YOU KIDDING ME????

If the return reason is defective you are on the hook for a pre paid return label . If they open an AZ claim you will lose the item and the $ 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jeff_14 said:

A word to the wise...even if you "win" this fight with the buyer, you can still lose and lose far more than the cost of that Scuttler.  A pissed off buyer can f*** your world up as a seller on Amazon very very easily and in ways that are not easy to defend against.  With a buyer like this, you are much better off swallowing your pride and sense of righteousness and just issuing a refund.  I do this all the time and detest doing it every time...until I check my Amazon balance.

• Like 5