Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

Rough couple weeks on Amazon...

I received my first listing removal for a LEGO ASIN. Reason is “used sold as new” as a complaint received from a customer per Amazon. I haven’t actually received any returns for this particular ASIN or seller feedback. I’ve sold dozens of the set, all FNSKU labeled. All inventory was new/sealed. Obtained via online retail channels, not an “authorized distributor”. Sold via FBA.

Amazon wants me to provide a pretty standard POA along with “invoices or receipts” from my supplier issued within the last 365 days.

If I were to provide the retailer’s receipts, they are older than 365 days and of course they’re not a distributor.

Anyone dealt with this successfully specifically regarding LEGO? This is only regarding a single ASIN but I have over 30 units now stranded. I’m happy to simply remove the inventory and sell it elsewhere if that let me “wash my hands” of the issue somehow, though of course I’d prefer the listing reinstated.

Any help is appreciated.

8 minutes ago, chrisynd said:

Anyone dealt with this successfully specifically regarding LEGO? This is only regarding a single ASIN but I have over 30 units now stranded. I’m happy to simply remove the inventory and sell it elsewhere if that let me “wash my hands” of the issue somehow, though of course I’d prefer the listing reinstated.

That ASIN is pretty much dead once they request invoices and you can't provide them.

Alternatively you could try selling under a duplicate listing, but you will still have to remove the inventory and re-label it.

Edited by landphieran

1 hour ago, chrisynd said:

Rough couple weeks on Amazon...

I received my first listing removal for a LEGO ASIN. Reason is “used sold as new” as a complaint received from a customer per Amazon. I haven’t actually received any returns for this particular ASIN or seller feedback. I’ve sold dozens of the set, all FNSKU labeled. All inventory was new/sealed. Obtained via online retail channels, not an “authorized distributor”. Sold via FBA.

Amazon wants me to provide a pretty standard POA along with “invoices or receipts” from my supplier issued within the last 365 days.

If I were to provide the retailer’s receipts, they are older than 365 days and of course they’re not a distributor.

Any help is appreciated.

Properly annotated retail receipts that show the UPC code can work but the issue is the 365 day limit. Here is a very good reference video on how to properly annotate a retail receipt:

Again the 365 day limit may be an issue and you will have to explain that in your POA and double cross your fingers. Other things you may want to think about are permanently deleting the listing and explaining you will not sell that ASIN again, and try recalling all of the ASINS but they are probably going to be held pending verification of your receipts. At the very least send in properly annotated receipts and structure your POA with bullet points and don't make it long winded or difficult to read. You will have to accept responsibility for the issue so do not try and place the blame on someone else that is not what they will want to hear. Good luck. Just another BS issue in a long line of issues you have to deal with when you sell on Amazon.

Edited by asharerin
  • Like 4

I received my response after asking to close my case for the flagged ASINs.  This is a strange response:

Greetings,

Thank you for the update. I will resolve this case per your request. If we have additional requests for this item, we will reach out again.

Thank you for selling with Amazon,

PRERANA S.

Amazon.com Seller Support

I received my response after asking to close my case for the flagged ASINs.  This is a strange response:

Greetings,

Thank you for the update. I will resolve this case per your request. If we have additional requests for this item, we will reach out again.

PRERANA S.

I got the exact same response from the same associate. Pretty generic so it sounds. They could have easily written that with an approval I think....in regards to the second sentence "if we have additional requests.. .. .."

I’m thinking of upgrading to a professional account for the rest of the year. When looking into I saw this. 

we review all requests to upgrade a selling plan and will ask you to provide additional documentation.

It also said they could suspend the account while they do the review which I don’t want. Has anyone had any issues upgrading?  What documents are they looking for? Or is this legal jargon to protect themselves?

I’m thinking of upgrading to a professional account for the rest of the year. When looking into I saw this. 
we review all requests to upgrade a selling plan and will ask you to provide additional documentation.

It also said they could suspend the account while they do the review which I don’t want. Has anyone had any issues upgrading?  What documents are they looking for? Or is this legal jargon to protect themselves?

I believe they ask for business information. Business reg, sales and use tax (if applicable), some personal info if you are sole proprietor.
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Dark Helmet said:

I just upgraded to a pro account last month and the same language was there when I applied, but they didn't ask for anything out of the ordinary.  I didn't have to upload any documentation and they almost instantly approved the upgrade.  Though that may be because I've been selling on Amazon for several years already with no major hiccups.  A new account may have to jump through more hoops, but I'm not sure.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, zskid00 said:

I just upgraded to a pro account last month and the same language was there when I applied, but they didn't ask for anything out of the ordinary.  I didn't have to upload any documentation and they almost instantly approved the upgrade.  Though that may be because I've been selling on Amazon for several years already with no major hiccups.  A new account may have to jump through more hoops, but I'm not sure.

That’s good to hear. Ya I have been selling fbm for a long time and have been grandfathered into a lot of different categories that I don’t want to lose if they look at the account 

Latest message today.

Hello,

We previously contacted you requesting safety documentation in order to sell items in the Toys category. We no longer need documents for the items listed below. If you were contacted regarding other items not listed below, you must provide us with required safety documentation.

No action is required from you for the following items.

For more information on the requirements to sell toys, please see the following Help page: https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/external/GV9VZ5A7PJZQYRFF

Thank you for doing business with Amazon.

Sincerely,
Amazon Services

Note for FBA sellers: If you have other Toys inventory (not listed above) in our fulfillment centers that hasn’t been approved by November 9, 2018, please request removal within 30 days. Instructions for creating a removal order can be found at: https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/external/G200280650. Standard FBA Return Fees or FBA Disposal Fees will apply.

Impacted Asins:

B01CU9WLF0

Hello,

We previously contacted you requesting safety documentation in order to sell items in the Toys category. We no longer need documents for the items listed below. If you were contacted regarding other items not listed below, you must provide us with required safety documentation.

No action is required from you for the following items.

i wonder if it is because i request to close the case or they request thie shxt by accident

2 minutes ago, smittypop2 said:

4 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

Impacted Asins:

B01CU9WLF0

did you guys request to close the case or still pending?

1 minute ago, redcell said:

How many ASINs were you asked to provide documentation on for Lego products?  Does that retraction completely cover what they had asked for or are there other ASINs that you are still required to provide documentation on?

7 asked, i request to close 6 of them, latest email said 3 not require (all 3 i had requested to close). 

7 minutes ago, redcell said:

How many ASINs were you asked to provide documentation on for Lego products?  Does that retraction completely cover what they had asked for or are there other ASINs that you are still required to provide documentation on?

I was asked to provide 10, answered all of them with the lego docs. This is not one of them I asked to be closed. I feel like everything they are doing is totally random. This is the last correspondence on this ASIN.

Amazon
Nov 04, 2018 09:04 PM
Greetings,

We are unable to move forward with the approval process until the required documentation is provided.

Therefore, kindly provide the missing documentation in order to approve the ASIN(s):

Currently we are not accepting Certificates, but only Test Reports that comply with the concerned standards.
In order to review your submissions without further delay please resubmit into this case the missing documents:

1. Please be informed that require only genuine images of the product you want to sell. Therefore, kindly take clear photo of the product displaying:
i) Manufacturer name
ii) Manufacturer address
2. A Documentation from a nationally recognized testing laboratory that your product is certified under the applicable standards:
i) ASTM F963-16 /ASTM F963-17
ii) The Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA)

This case will now be closed, but we welcome you to open a new one as soon as you are able to provide the required items.

Amy K.
=======================================