Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

10 hours ago, Lego_Monsters said:

Just received this email from Amazon.

Greetings,

Amazon's policies require that all toys sold through the Amazon website meet specified certification standards. In order to sell these products on Amazon, you must apply by submitting the following items.

1. Please be informed that we can only accept genuine images. Therefore, kindly take clear photo of the product and product packaging clearly displaying:
i)  Manufacturer name
ii) Manufacturer address
iii) Warning label (as applicable)

2. A testing report confirming that your product was successfully tested to the standards listed below by a CPSC-approved laboratory:
i) ASTM F963-16 / ASTM F963-17
ii) The Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA)

By applying to sell these products you certify that all materials you submit in conjunction with your application are true, authentic, and accurate. Note that Amazon may remove your selling privileges for failing to meet these requirements.

We appreciate your cooperation on this important matter.

Thank you for selling with Amazon,

What ASINs was the request for?

10 hours ago, landphieran said:

Assuming this is the first time Amazon contacted you and not a reply to your original submission of Lego documents that is a terrible sign.

Lego Russian Roulette isn't very fun. I havent been flagged yet and I recently created listing for about half of the stickied list. I'll let everyone know if I get flagged for any 

This is the reply to my original submission of the documents. What do I do from here? I remember someone on here said that they replied to Amazon saying they don't have any of those ASIN's inventory in stock anymore and deleted the listing and asked Amazon to close the case and they did. Is that what we're supposed to do now?

Edited by Lego_Monsters

28 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Like other sets, all of these have the word "toy" in the title.

I added these to the list up top.

I have 50 of the Joker Lowrider which is now on the list and I just sent in 25 of them. I never got email on that one. Dont understand. 

26 minutes ago, cory730 said:

Just now looking at my listings and I have at least 10 on that list I have sold in past. No email though. Opened a case about Lowrider because I am currently selling those. 

Do you report yourself to the police when you go over the speed limit? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Got a question and haven't seen it asked  For some sets, ie 10723, Amazon will not let you send it in with manufacturer barcode.  But if you try to add the set, manufacturer barcode is the only option.  Anyone know who I need to speak with to get the 'Amazon Barcode" option to appear?  Also, I've asked in the past and haven't heard of someone being gated, then approved, for set 75105.  Has someone figured out how to be able to sell this on Amazon?

Thanks guys and gals.

12 minutes ago, Loghamel said:

Got a question and haven't seen it asked  For some sets, ie 10723, Amazon will not let you send it in with manufacturer barcode.  But if you try to add the set, manufacturer barcode is the only option.  Anyone know who I need to speak with to get the 'Amazon Barcode" option to appear?  Also, I've asked in the past and haven't heard of someone being gated, then approved, for set 75105.  Has someone figured out how to be able to sell this on Amazon?

Thanks guys and gals.

I can't recall whether I was ever gated on it, but I am not gated now.  Are you generally ungated for Star Wars TFA products?

This may not be of much help but I reached out to one of the big 3p sellers who said that his friend (yeah I know, friend of a friend of a friend)  sent in safety papers from lego site and got approved for some sets, then my contact sent the same but no luck. It’s looking like it really is a case of “who’s reviewing your certificates”. Sorry, that’s only info I have. 

Edited by Lordoflego

34 minutes ago, Loghamel said:

For some sets, ie 10723, Amazon will not let you send it in with manufacturer barcode.  But if you try to add the set, manufacturer barcode is the only option.  Anyone know who I need to speak with to get the 'Amazon Barcode" option to appear? 

So I just got off the phone with support.  Here are the steps they provided to get around this.

If you get to the point that you need to select "Amazon Barcode", but the only option is "Manufacturer Barcode", do NOT select save and continue.  You need to go back one page and select "Fulfill by Merchant'.  After doing so and hitting next, you should see both barcode options.  Choose 'Amazon barcode' and then save and continue.  After this, convert the listing to FBA and you're good to go.  She said that will resolve this issue 99% of the time.  If it does not, you'll have to call in and have them help you.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, cory730 said:

Just worried if they are going to restrict these items in the 30 days. Right now you can still list all these. Guess we will find out. 

I was just yanking your chain but you make a good point. If I was sitting on a lot of one of these sets I would be concerned. 

2 hours ago, cory730 said:

I have 50 of the Joker Lowrider which is now on the list and I just sent in 25 of them. I never got email on that one. Dont understand. 

Have you sold a Joker Lowrider recently or did you have any in stock when the e-mails originally went out?  I think that is the reason why some people were asked about certain sets and others were not.  Every item on my list was either in stock or I had sold within fairly recently (6 months maybe?) Every set that others received an e-mail about and I didn't was out of stock and hadn't sold any for a while (but still had an inactive listing.)

1 hour ago, cory730 said:

Just worried if they are going to restrict these items in the 30 days. Right now you can still list all these. Guess we will find out. 

Not sure poking the bear is the wisest action here.  My worry is the case you opened will cue Amzn to bar everyone from selling that ASIN.  Right now most people can still sell that ASIN, including you, why risk them changing that??