10225 - UCS: R2-D2

Ed Mack

12 minutes ago, snot said:

That's an interesting speculation.  If R2 does die, I would bet its because of something C3PO fails to do... thus his red hand could be a symbolic of having R2's death on his hands.  It would by like Lady Macbeth's bloody hands. 

5KHZlXP.jpg

He has some red light on his face so I guess he's still living (somehow).

Edited by biniou

23 minutes ago, BrickLegacy said:

Lucas effectively killed him.  What a waste, too.  He was, by far, the character with the most potential in the prequels.  I've thought about Bricklinking that set.  I can't imagine it's that difficult, is it?

I always annoyed me. I remember when ep 1 came out it was Darth Maul Darth Maul Darth Maul. All the previews featured him. All the merch featured him. Then I watch the movie and he gets 5 minutes of screen time and most of the movie is about the space senate and trade route negotiations.

1 hour ago, Crustybeaver said:

WOW an R2D2 auction sold for £362 + postage on eBay yesterday, that's Town Hall prices! Link

Yes but this is quite unusual, isn't it?

Average price for 10225 has been around £270 for a very long time. One year ago it was £220...so only £50 increase over a year. Quite mediocre for such an iconic set. Ok ...we all know there are many investors who stacked up, but still...

Slightly misconstrued statement there Hannibal. If we look back to a year ago it was just retiring meaning after only 12 months the set has gone from £150 to £250-290. This is far from mediocre and with the new films coming out interest in R2 should rise. I understand that you're implying that since the initial spike the rise has been slow, but this is prevalent amongst all Lego sets and is not attributed to just 10225

• Like 1

Don't get your hopes to high - the seller is obviously working with a second account to drive up the price. The a**a with 3 feedbacks account has a history of bidding on 7 items and  94 % of his bidding history is with this same seller. Even the account who won the auction looks a bit fishy with a bidding activity of 71% with this seller. I wouldn't be suprised if we see this little droid relisted very soon.

• Like 2

While I realise these random high sold listings are not reflective of market value it does give an insight into what people are prepared to pay when embroiled in an auction they badly want. @TigerG Despite your claims that the user was using a second account to get the final price there still would have been another bidder planting a close losing bid.