10225 - UCS: R2-D2

Ed Mack

24 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

The overall trend for LEGO sets around the Holidays is an uptick in values and the recent activity that shows exclusives having pricing decreases is a more recent phenomenon.

How can we enable multi-year plots on Brickpicker, for sets where that data is available?

8 hours ago, exciter1 said:
/>

You'll get the occasional surprise, but that purchase likely isn't coming from Kris Kringle.

This holiday season is different for some exclusives. Mainly SW. We never had a huge movie during this time of the year. SW appears to be still selling strong even this late.

Now let yourself be pulled by the light (force), cuddle up next to a 10225 R2 under a mistletoe and take a selfie.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

That's just ridiculous considering there are 5 full pages of sellers lower than you.  I would say the buyer is going to open the box and steal the minifigures and return it but I don't think that little R2 is worth the hassle.  Congrats on the sale if it sticks.

10 minutes ago, zskid00 said:

That's just ridiculous considering there are 5 full pages of sellers lower than you.  I would say the buyer is going to open the box and steal the minifigures and return it but I don't think that little R2 is worth the hassle.  Congrats on the sale if it sticks.

i know - i'm emailing buyer right now to confirm everything and will get insurance signature etc.  i don't get it - this was just a place holder.

11 minutes ago, cladner said:

i know - i'm emailing buyer right now to confirm everything and will get insurance signature etc.  i don't get it - this was just a place holder.

Yeah, I hope he hasn't worked his way through those other five pages of sellers & is just now getting to you. Best of luck for sure...

1 hour ago, zskid00 said:

Open a UCS set to steal 1 figure that is in 9 other sets ?

Edited by roxio

17 hours ago, cladner said:

just sold 10225 on amazon - $486.49 FBM... a little surprised as i'm an overpriced one.  scam sensors are going off but its amazon...

after messaging to confirm order and address before shipping and giving them a chance to come to their senses before I shipped it to Alaska (not kidding), the buyer asked to cancel the order to which i obliged.  phewsh - i didn't want to sell for less than 3X MSRP - now i can go back to using an upgraded 4x msrp place holder to monitor the prices on amazon easily with other for sale inventory . 

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, MarxMarvelous said:

Another guaranteed can't miss winner held back by the horde. But the market is just as strong as it has ever been right?

Did you buy any of this item?  Doesn't that make you part of the horde?  Why do you hate yourself and everyone else?  Why did you create a new profile instead of keeping all of your negativity contained to the mscheaf profile?

Troll on, mscheaf.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, MarxMarvelous said:

Another guaranteed can't miss winner held back by the horde. But the market is just as strong as it has ever been right?

This set has done well but like alot of other retired exclusives the price does seem to be going in the wrong direction now. Hold in the hopes things turn around in a few years, or dump and move into more sure things? That is what makes reselling challenging and fun.

• Like 1