10225 - UCS: R2-D2

Ed Mack

Everyone needs a little dose of reality sometimes- especially short term expectations of 2-3x rrp in the near future. If I thought Legos were total duds, I'd take my money elsewhere. However- expectations were high for JW short term, and we know how that has shaped up thus far. That said- I love my little droids- paid full price for them last year and was happy to do it. No faith lost but you can't expect every set to pull in serious money.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, labfreak7 said:

Everyone needs a little dose of reality sometimes- especially short term expectations of 2-3x rrp in the near future. If I thought Legos were total duds, I'd take my money elsewhere. However- expectations were high for JW short term, and we know how that has shaped up thus far. That said- I love my little droids- paid full price for them last year and was happy to do it. No faith lost but you can't expect every set to pull in serious money.

Me and my buddy, we're just camping out.

star-wars-camper.jpg

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

You are blinded by perception and enthusiasm.  You must be one with the skepticism and let the hate flow through you.

your paths cloud your vision

trek does not have skepticism and hate

I do have enthusiasm that is for sure because I am normally a very positive person

I've been buying Benny at 53 bucks surely if I was skeptical I would not touch that ship with a 10 foot pole

positivity and enthusiasm yes I am guilty

You are blinded by perception and enthusiasm.  You must be one with the skepticism and let the hate flow through you.

your paths cloud your vision

trek does not have skepticism and hate

I do have enthusiasm that is for sure because I am normally a very positive person

I've been buying Benny at 53 bucks surely if I was skeptical I would not touch that ship with a 10 foot pole

positivity and enthusiasm yes I am guilty

There's a study, it's blue.

12 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

No problem, we know you are looking for reinforcement and proven methods.

the image was me as kylo ren bowing to your expertise

I am not sure if you are messing with me or picking on me

if your messing with me it is not particularly enjoyable

if your picking on me and I have done something inappropriate you can get with Ed and Jeff to have my account suspended otherwise I would just as soon this conversation end

5 minutes ago, trekgate502 said:

the image was me as kylo ren bowing to your expertise

I am not sure if you are messing with me or picking on me

if your messing with me it is not particularly enjoyable

if your picking on me and I have done something inappropriate you can get with Ed and Jeff to have my account suspended otherwise I would just as soon this conversation end

R2 is blue, you're good to go.

Maybe the price drops on major exclusives around the Holidays are due to the simple fact people need money and will sell for less to quickly obtain it. I would estimate the vast amount of people selling for lower prices are impatient and/or short term types too anxious to wait for the right buyers. The Holidays really put a squeeze on people and force them to react differently than they normally would.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

Christmas Holiday is the worst time to sell exclusives as many sellers are actively looking to off load and not what consumers are looking to buy putting a downwards pressure on price 

Lots of downward pressure with all the goodies there are to consume.

10 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

Christmas Holiday is the worst time to sell exclusives as many sellers are actively looking to off load and not what consumers are looking to buy putting a downwards pressure on price 

Wasn't there a blog about this waayyy back when that had actual pricing data showing a price drop November/December ? 

As as far as R2 goes the little guy is doing just fine, I mean I suppose I could be upset that he's not at $500 yet but that's just silly.  

12 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

Yep. Been seeing that here with TH too. Lots of auctions going on at the same time.

Wasn't there a blog about this waayyy back when that had actual pricing data showing a price drop November/December ? 

As as far as R2 goes the little guy is doing just fine, I mean I suppose I could be upset that he's not at $500 yet but that's just silly.  

We dug that up not too long ago. I forget which thread.

We dug that up not too long ago. I forget which thread.

I will hopefully update it next year when we get pricing info for December

• Like 1

Paraphrasing from another member on the TH thread:

The three worst mistakes in reselling: auction, ebay, and Christmastime. 

I guess that makes R2 auctions on eBay right now the worst decision ever... just putting 2 and 2 together here. There is a season for everything, and Christmas is not time to unload high end collectibles. The people who buy them are busy buying junk for their kids and Aunt Gladys. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, biking_tiger said:

Paraphrasing from another member on the TH thread:

The three worst mistakes in reselling: auction, ebay, and Christmastime. 

I guess that makes R2 auctions on eBay right now the worst decision ever... just putting 2 and 2 together here. There is a season for everything, and Christmas is not time to unload high end collectibles. The people who buy them are busy buying junk for their kids and Aunt Gladys. 

You'll get the occasional surprise, but that purchase likely isn't coming from Kris Kringle.

• Like 1