10225 - UCS: R2-D2

Ed Mack

Reposting here as I might get a response.

€250 for a used 10225 R2D2. Box and instruction included. Deal? For own build btw.

In the UK that would be a pretty good deal, can't comment regards the US market. But what I can tell you after recently building this set is that it's fantastic, very detailed and looks beautiful on display. A must have for any SW fan!!

27 minutes ago, Manse1001 said:

In the UK that would be a pretty good deal, can't comment regards the US market. But what I can tell you after recently building this set is that it's fantastic, very detailed and looks beautiful on display. A must have for any SW fan!!

Totally agree it's the best set I have built to date such a fun detailed fun build 

I just built it. Awesome build. $270 is the US price on Brickpicker. plus add on shipping and that is probably the going rate.

I got mine used for $230 out the door but I was really patient and found an auction ending middle of day Saturday. Box had a little damage but ok for my collection.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, Orthanc_Residen said:

Prices are not really nice atm. Already sold some for 400 bugs, but atm I can be happy if I get 300 for it... Guess I will have to wait till September to throw out the rest... :)

If you can wait until ep 8 arrives, that might be the time to sell as R2 should have more screen time.  Demand for 10225 will increase leading up to the movie (kinda like what happened with 10179) BB-8 stole the show last movie.  Hence, why we still see BB-8 on everything from lunch boxes to towels.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Orthanc_Residen said:

Prices are not really nice atm. Already sold some for 400 bugs, but atm I can be happy if I get 300 for it... Guess I will have to wait till September to throw out the rest... :)

Extremely common white bricks doesn't exactly inspire confidence for future value. This little guy's popularity can only take it so far.

On 7/18/2016 at 4:29 AM, jaisonline said:

If you can wait until ep 8 arrives, that might be the time to sell as R2 should have more screen time.  Demand for 10225 will increase leading up to the movie (kinda like what happened with 10179) BB-8 stole the show last movie.  Hence, why we still see BB-8 on everything from lunch boxes to towels.  

I am still waiting for a UCS BB-8 to go along with the R2-D2. Now that will jack the price up for 10225 ;) 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, jaxman said:

The thumbs up variant or the regular fig?

I think Lego has been so obsessed with the play features in regular sets recently, I am sure their designer can put a push feature to drop a plate and extend an arm to make the thumb up pose =D 

Edited by tacsniper

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, dcdfan said:

I'm starting to think, Lego no longer needs a remake rumor. Just wait long enough and they'll remake it anyway. I know I've stopped buying already retired sets.

this type of behavior though is weird - $50 price drop for no reason.  or maybe insiders know there will be a SNOT R2D2 next year?

maybe Rogue 1 will juice R2's performance in Q4.  never even got to 2.5 x MSRP before sliding.  hrrmph.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cladner said:

this type of behavior though is weird - $50 price drop for no reason.  or maybe insiders know there will be a SNOT R2D2 next year?

maybe Rogue 1 will juice R2's performance in Q4.  never even got to 2.5 x MSRP before sliding.  hrrmph.

1 September 2016... the day the war began.

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, thoroakenfelder said:

I was thinking of trying to put one of these together on a budget using my own parts and bricklinking. I also thought of color shifting the hoses and the dark blue. I kind of wanted to write about it. Is that something that people might want to read about?

I think it would be a good brick by brick blog post. I don't think it has many rare pieces but i could be wrong. Very unique set.

6 minutes ago, marcandre said:

I think it would be a good brick by brick blog post. I don't think it has many rare pieces but i could be wrong. Very unique set.

It's more building on a budget. It's similar in concept, but more about how I would bring the costs down for my own personal build. I'll have to look more in depth.