10225 - UCS: R2-D2

Ed Mack

I've had this problem, only with cats.  They're even less appreciative of MISB lego exclusives than your sister's boyfriend.  Imagine finding that a "fixed" but nonetheless territorial male feline has "autographed" a stack of MISB Sandcrawlers...

If you named your cat Harrison, that could be a good thing!

• Like 1

I never thought R2 was as big of a seller as it should have been (until the retirement dance that is).  And I think that had a lot to do with it's price point.  If Lego were to release an 'Ideas' sized R2 set (600 or so pieces, $60 price point) it would sell like crazy.

R2 Ideas set is likely never to happen. Ideas sets are for unique builds, builds that stand alone. R2 is In his own class and has been made a few times before via Technic, UCS and tons of minifigs.

Is it bad that I bought this mostly because it put visions of what I'll sell my R2s for this Christmas?

(Thanks for putting R2 into currently non-afols minds first thing every morning Coffee Mate)

frenchr2d2.jpg

This is going to crush the value of 10225.  Much cheaper, and you get free synthetic creamer as a bonus!

• Like 2

If it´s not remade by then!

no way this will be remade.

And they say box conditions don't matter.  even the seller don't want it.
That one would be consider open box and not Nuevo in my book. Though the seller did state that.

...and that is why one should use BIN...

Edited by jerryherb

• 3 weeks later...