10225 - UCS: R2-D2

Ed Mack

Seeing the popularity of the Sphero BB-8 and just how adorable it is, I think TLG will have a winner if they decide to make a BB-8 UCS.

A UCS BB-8 would be fine as a display model (I guess.  I would never buy it.) but due to the inherent square nature of Lego bricks it will never roll.  And that is the charm of BB-8.

Seeing the popularity of the Sphero BB-8 and just how adorable it is, I think TLG will have a winner if they decide to make a BB-8 UCS.

do not worry first they will make one

then lots of people on here will diss it saying it is not good enough not accurate enough not big enough does not have rainbow flashing lights

then they will say he is pivotal and cannot retire before the next movie

then it will retire early and lots of people will say oh he can not be of much value

then you will try to decide when to sell it

then people will say it has not appreciated well

then people will say sell it before the remake

oh wait was I talking about r2 d2 or bb 8 ?

then you will ask about the next droid that comes out SW-9 or something like that

irregardless r2 has been a great short term and long term investment for me and if they make a bb 8 some day it will be too.

• Like 1

Till the remake......

You guys are all way toooo sensitive about this re-make thing. There are only 2 UCS sets that probably/eventually/maybe will have a re-make. The first one which is very unlikely is the 10179 MF (i don't think LEGO will make such a flagship model again, they prefer pumping out more of the cheaper and easier to sell mid-size MF, they make more money through them) and the second one is the 10240 R5...which every now and then gets re-freshed. That's it...ok, maybe the TIE fighters from time to time too.

If there is BB-8...well, if you have the BB-8 in UCS ..of course you'll want to pair it with the UCS version of the R2D2...a bit like the modulars or the R5/Tie thing. 

Hey guys, this is my first post so hello to everyone! :) Love the forum, reading about collecting LEGO constantly for a month now. I use to play with LEGO as a kid, and not long ago received one set as a present. That took me back to my old days, so I purchased few sets and now I'm officially back in the LEGO world... I spent a lot of time reading about investing story and would love to participate in it, just to help funding my future collection and the things I missed, not as a professional.

So, I recently got a chance to purchase one LEGO 10225 R2D2 set for about 230€ (which is $260). Do you think it's worth it as an investment? One can read here that there may be a remake of this set, but then again, new Star Wars movie is coming soon...

Any thoughts would be appreciated and helpful. Thanks again, and best regards to this great forum community!! :wink:

You guys are all way toooo sensitive about this re-make thing. There are only 2 UCS sets that probably/eventually/maybe will have a re-make. The first one which is very unlikely is the 10179 MF (i don't think LEGO will make such a flagship model again, they prefer pumping out more of the cheaper and easier to sell mid-size MF, they make more money through them) and the second one is the 10240 R5...which every now and then gets re-freshed. That's it...ok, maybe the TIE fighters from time to time too.

If there is BB-8...well, if you have the BB-8 in UCS ..of course you'll want to pair it with the UCS version of the R2D2...a bit like the modulars or the R5/Tie thing. 

10240 is a remake already, of 7191.  Unless you're saying that it could be remade again, which I somewhat doubt unless it's 15-20 years from now.  Lego has already shown they will revisit a UCS that they have already produced.  I fully expect at some point to see 10179 and 10030 re-made at some point.  Not necessarily next year, but eventually they will be done, imho. 

Hey guys, this is my first post so hello to everyone! :) Love the forum, reading about collecting LEGO constantly for a month now. I use to play with LEGO as a kid, and not long ago received one set as a present. That took me back to my old days, so I purchased few sets and now I'm officially back in the LEGO world... I spent a lot of time reading about investing story and would love to participate in it, just to help funding my future collection and the things I missed, not as a professional.

So, I recently got a chance to purchase one LEGO 10225 R2D2 set for about 230€ (which is $260). Do you think it's worth it as an investment? One can read here that there may be a remake of this set, but then again, new Star Wars movie is coming soon...

Any thoughts would be appreciated and helpful. Thanks again, and best regards to this great forum community!! :wink:

Depends where you live and where you expect to sell it, Europe is not America for this set (and so many others) and within Europe some countries have better residuals than others for this one.

• Like 1