Star Wars 2015

hobbycrafter

​I don't know if you can already speak of a flop or no but:

I don't think you can compare these two. Palpatines Arrest might be one of the key scenes but at least for me it never had the same importance as the final duel scene.

When Palpatines Arrest came out I was thinking: Yeah... meh... got all these cool jedi minifigs but I'm not spending that much money only for the minifigs

With the new final duel I immediately loved this set! I mean it's probably my favorite of this new wave (second place would be the shuttle). You just "FEEL" the atmosphere... don't know how to express it better ;-)

​I agree with this.  Another thing to think of is the Final Duel set provides a key scene from the Death Star that is unavailable unless you buy 10188, and even that is smaller in scope for that particular scene/room.  It will be interesting to see how a new Death Star (if there is one) reconstructs these key scenes.

Also, it seems OT Lego sets, especially those that feature iconic scenes and vehicles, easily trump prequel sets.  You cannot compare Palpatine's arrest to any Death Star scene Lego set, despite the importance of the former in the movie.

Edited by meowsmeowsmeows

Just saw that brickshow already has reviewed all of the new sets!

So here is my favorite *g*

After watching the review the sets seems to be even cooler than I thought (look at all these playfunctions! I mean I probably won't use them but still it's nice!)

Did I or did I not say it was a more legendary scene? Also made comment about it being OT therefore possibly more desired from a collector standpoint. 

From a kid wanting this set? I think you could compare it to palps arrest. (I haven't watched the video yet for playability) but it's the same type of interior scene set. Not like an spaceship or vehicle of some sort. To me that's means of comparison. 

You guys are only looking at it from a collector standpoint 

Not only from a collector standpoint, but seriously just look at it! It looks so much better than PA!

Maybe just because of the "tower" structures, but that's enough to add dramaticly to the playability value (for kids and adults ^^)

also check out the features (shown in the video!)

We asked 100 kids which of these two sets they would prefer and 95 prefered final duel!

(four didn't enter the van and ran to their parents and one wanted the promised ice cream which we didn't have...)

(no real kids have been involved in this statistic! ;-) )

Edited by Locutus001
  • Like 1

I think the new Darth Vader minifig is going to be a big selling point initially, however, if they continue to release the new version with the same frequency as they have it won't mean much down the road. Alternately, if this set is one of the last to feature Vader for a while while the new Episode 7 sets and beyond come out (and assuming he makes no appearances in the new movie) and LEGO backs off OT sets for a couple of years then this could drive the set more. Personally I think the set looks great - will for sure be ordering June 1st to also get Winter Soldier polybag.

I think the new Darth Vader minifig is going to be a big selling point initially, however, if they continue to release the new version with the same frequency as they have it won't mean much down the road. Alternately, if this set is one of the last to feature Vader for a while while the new Episode 7 sets and beyond come out (and assuming he makes no appearances in the new movie) and LEGO backs off OT sets for a couple of years then this could drive the set more. Personally I think the set looks great - will for sure be ordering June 1st to also get Winter Soldier polybag.

​I was wondering if the FD Vader is the same as the 75055 ISD Vader?  On the box they look similar and Vader has the "New" tag beside him on 75055.

Edited by exciter1

That Vader with the new Helmet will fetch boatloads of cash for parter-outers.  Every SW minifigure collector will want the new Vader because of that mask and the new head color and print.  I wouldn't be surprised to see that fig fetch $25-$30 during the first couple of weeks of release.

I wanna see what's coming next!!! :-(

Isn't there supposed to be yet another wave for this year? October wave?

Couldn't even find inofficial pics thus far... only vague names of the sets that will be coming for the movie.

Anybody any news?

​I expect we'll see the fall wave previewed at SDCC later this summer.

J.J. Abrams has a kung fu grip on any promotional material related to the movie.  Secrecy is super important to him.  If there are any preview photos of The Force Awakens Lego Sets they will not be official, and they'll be leaked.  And I have a feeling that the sets won't give much away other than things we've already seen in the trailers.  Although, to be fair, the full trailer should release before the next wave of Star Wars sets.  So we'll have a better idea of what the plot of the movie will be. 

I wanna see what's coming next!!! :-(

Isn't there supposed to be yet another wave for this year? October wave?

Couldn't even find inofficial pics thus far... only vague names of the sets that will be coming for the movie.

Anybody any news?

​September 4th is the release date for the Episode 7 legos.  There is a total of 7 sets coming out, and I believe that's it for the year, until the usual January wave. Also, there is a rumored Sith Infiltrator due out that will be a TRU exclusive.

Edited by fossilrock
  • Like 2

I have a fairly good idea about the plot:

Post Empire era, new government is being founded, the emperial remnants are scattered and want to get the galaxy back... some sith are showing up who have a taste for funny and useless lightsaber designs...

the son of a jedi knight will be involved (lukes sun?) (maybe the daughter?) ...

(and all of the Expanded Universe is nullified because they wanted to come up with a new story...

or lets say it's a parallel universe now ;-) )

I bet there's not so much more of a plot involved ^.^

but hopefully I'm wrong!

I have a fairly good idea about the plot:

Post Empire era, new government is being founded, the emperial remnants are scattered and want to get the galaxy back... some sith are showing up who have a taste for funny and useless lightsaber designs...

the son of a jedi knight will be involved (lukes sun?) (maybe the daughter?) ...

(and all of the Expanded Universe is nullified because they wanted to come up with a new story...

or lets say it's a parallel universe now ;-) )

I bet there's not so much more of a plot involved ^.^

but hopefully I'm wrong!

​I think some of what you said could be right, but those aren't really plot points.  What you're describing is more of the setting.  The New Order (what the Empire has evolved into) looks to be very much alive and thriving.  It never really made much sense to me that just because the Emperor died in Ep 6 that the whole Galactic Empire would be gone.  The loyalists would band together.  And of course the movie is about the "next generation" because the Skywalkers are the central figures of the Episodic movies.  This is also why I love what they are doing with the stand-alone anthology films.  It allows them to branch out of the Skywalker story.  And I am assuming that "Rey" (not her real name) is a Skywalker, or more likely, a Solo.  And Kylo Ren, who seems to be a sith relic-hunter (not an actual sith) may be her brother or a relative of the Skywalker/Solo clans.

I think we all just got burned by the prequels so much that there is this inherent fear that the new films will let  us down as well.  But after that last trailer, I think Abrams was basically putting his hand on the shoulders of Star Wars fans across the world and said, "It's gonna be all right."  The Force Awakens may not be awesome, but I think it will at least be earnest, and have the right sensibilities.  I'd be shocked if it was actually awful. 

• Like 2

I agree, and think Abrams will do justice to the Star Wars brand.  I wouldn't doubt this one gets good reviews, and goes the way of the latest Mad Max film, in which people will be very skeptical at first, then once people see it, a large % of the audience wants to go back and see it again because it was awesome.

I only saw phantom menace twice in the theaters, and the only reason I saw it a second time, was that I was hoping that  my mind wasn't deceiving me from the first viewing.  Phantom Menace is still bad in my book, although I've slowly let Attack of the Clones, and Revenge of the Sith grow on me.