Star Wars 2015

hobbycrafter

​I'm still convinced the next big SW exclusive is the Hoth Rebel Base that is due out on October 1st.  That one list that was put out earlier this year, has been 100% accurate so far.

​I'm just wondering why LEGO would release a set based on an The Empire Strikes Back a month or so before the release of The Force Awakens, with the new movie sets already on the market?  I don't believe it is a "rebel" base at all.  From the looks of the movie trailer, the new bad guys...The First Order...has the base on an ice planet.  

Edited by Ed Mack
  • Like 1

don't hold... sell!!! believe in the scoundrel side of the force (it's the side han solo is on ;-) ) and sell!

​It would be cool to have poll of how many people  had and still have (I am 20 for 0). I feel this one is starting to run thinner on the ground and that in the 4 months coming up there wil still be strong demand for it. What happens afterwards is anyone´s guess.

​I'm just wondering why LEGO would release a set based on an The Empire Strikes Back a month or so before the release of The Force Awakens, with the new movie sets already on the market?  I don't believe it is a "rebel" base at all.  From the looks of the movie trailer, the new bad guys...The First Order...has the base on an ice planet.  

​You could very much be right, and that seems logical.  Although, I do think we will still see a smattering of Original Trilogy and Prequel sets every year, I just don't think we will see as many as they have made over the last few years.  But, a new ewok village style set based on the new movie released before the film is out would make a lot of sense. 

Edited by fossilrock

​This makes me think....

Of all the "updated" vehicles that are already known in the new movie (xwing, tie) I hope the vehicle that shows up in unchanged form is the AT-AT. I believe there was concept art of a crashed at-at being used as a hideout, but I hope we see a live one in its un-updated glory.

• Like 1

​This makes me think....

Of all the "updated" vehicles that are already known in the new movie (xwing, tie) I hope the vehicle that shows up in unchanged form is the AT-AT. I believe there was concept art of a crashed at-at being used as a hideout, but I hope we see a live one in its un-updated glory.

​I didn't want to say anything, but now that you mention it...

Hmmm a broken down delapidated AT AT used as a base in the new movie that cannot be used as an AT AT.

I am sure I will love it when I see it but it does not give me the goose bumps that a UCS AT AT, a Hoth Rebel Base or a UCS MF would give me.

If that is the case maybe time to buy some more R2 D2. :)

​Still, LEGO might wait with UCS stuff based on TFA and just cash in on the nostalgia hype with an OT base. It works both way. Personally I still think we won't see any exclusive at least in the first 6 months after movie release. 

​What will happen if the new UCS is the Kylo Ren's Super Star Destroyer ?  We have many re-imagined vehicles in this release, might as well add 1 more to the list

Supposedly there is some castle that is a hideout that the first order uses on a snow covered planet and it plays a key role in the movie.  That would make sense as the new exclusive set...  Could be like a SW version of the Tower of Orthanc. 

I push my chips in that direction.

Edited by fossilrock

​This makes me think....

​some of the initial TFA leaked pics did have AT-AT leg parts kinda buried in sand :)

Sell all except one. Keep the last one and hide it deep inside the closet for some time.  That is what I will be doing.

​Mind elaborating why? Even if it appreciates amazingly deep in there for 10 years, how useful is having only 1? Power in numbers? I feel like if I can't hold, sell all, and live with that, or take the calculated risk and go big and long. If 7965 isn't worth the risk/reward, then does it make sense to keep any?

I feel like it rarely makes sense to keep 1 of anything, unless it's to sell in a bundle that will sell enough % based on your total yearly volume. Does that make sense?

I guess at least having 1 does feel comforting, in a psychological false comfort kind of way, though. Not to judge those who may do that, I enjoy my comfort false or not, but just identifying it.

Perhaps none of this is right, I'm just exploring my ignorance.

​Mind elaborating why? Even if it appreciates amazingly deep in there for 10 years, how useful is having only 1? Power in numbers? I feel like if I can't hold, sell all, and live with that, or take the calculated risk and go big and long. If 7965 isn't worth the risk/reward, then does it make sense to keep any?

I feel like it rarely makes sense to keep 1 of anything, unless it's to sell in a bundle that will sell enough % based on your total yearly volume. Does that make sense?

I guess at least having 1 does feel comforting, in a psychological false comfort kind of way, though. Not to judge those who may do that, I enjoy my comfort false or not, but just identifying it.

Perhaps none of this is right, I'm just exploring my ignorance.

I think it is psychology but it also means you never need to make a post in the "sets I sold to soon" thread.

Supposedly there is some castle that is a hideout that the first order uses on a snow covered planet and it plays a key role in the movie.  That would make sense as the new exclusive set...  Could be like a SW version of the Tower of Orthanc. 

I push my chips in that direction.

​Do you think it looks like thiiiiiiiiiis ?

starwars-force-awakens7.jpg