Star Wars 2015

hobbycrafter

I think we all just got burned by the prequels so much that there is this inherent fear that the new films will let  us down as well.  But after that last trailer, I think Abrams was basically putting his hand on the shoulders of Star Wars fans across the world and said, "It's gonna be all right."  The Force Awakens may not be awesome, but I think it will at least be earnest, and have the right sensibilities.  I'd be shocked if it was actually awful. 

​After watching Mr. Plinkett's reviews of the prequels, I realized how "hurt" SW fans must have been deep inside. I know I was... in some ways I didn't really put together. Someone does need to look us all in the eyes and make it all right.

These new movies will not best the original trilogy because now is a different time with different expectations, but if they are just "okay" it will be a major win and wash The Phantom taste from our mouths.

I agree, and think Abrams will do justice to the Star Wars brand.  I wouldn't doubt this one gets good reviews, and goes the way of the latest Mad Max film, in which people will be very skeptical at first, then once people see it, a large % of the audience wants to go back and see it again because it was awesome.

I only saw phantom menace twice in the theaters, and the only reason I saw it a second time, was that I was hoping that  my mind wasn't deceiving me from the first viewing.  Phantom Menace is still bad in my book, although I've slowly let Attack of the Clones, and Revenge of the Sith grow on me.

​Well, you did better than me.  I saw Phantom Menace THREE times in the theater because I was trying to convince myself that it was good.  I remember right away, when Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon were landing on the trade federation ship, something just felt off.  And then the viceroy...with his quasi-Japanse accent that was pretty insulting, the bad puppetry on his mouth, the wooden dialogue.

I don't know which prequel is the best.  Maybe Revenge of the Sith.  It carries the most weight, but still, Anakin's conversion was WAAAY too fast.  That should have started in Episode 1. 

I will say that John Williams still brought his A-game, except when they completely lifted some of his music from the Phantom Menace and just re-inserted it to the end of Attack of the Clones.  They didn't just re-record the same themes, they completely cut-and-pasted his music. 

The best thing about Star Wars since the original trilogy is Rebels.  If you haven't seen it yet, do yourself a favor.  It's awesome.

Rebels is good, and The Clone Wars holds it's own, too. It makes you feel the cost of war even though mostly droids and clones are doing the fighting and dying.

I recommend "Innocents of Ryloth" from season one, "The Deserter" from season two, or the Umbara storyline from season four. Captain Rex is the f'ing cheese.

Everyone loves the Clone Wars series, but no one seems question Ashoka being Anakins Apprentice. Anakin was not a master in the movies only in the TV series. I love Ashoka she's one of my favorite characters and played a vital role but it seems weird I never see anyone question this

jeez. sauromosis beat me to it.  at least i can list the sets with USD and CAD prices. ha

Hoth Bricks has published the official set names of the upcoming LEGO Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens sets that are scheduled to be released on Force Friday, September 4th. We already knew the set numbers, the pricing, and number of pieces for the sets which came from BZPower but it’s nice to get confirmation of the set names now.

Rey’s Speeder (75099) – 193 pieces
$19.99 USD / $24.99 CAD

First Order Snowspeeder (75100) – 444 pieces
$39.99 USD / $49.99 CAD

First Order Special Force TIE (75101) – 517 pieces
$69.99 USD / $89.99 CAD

Poe’s X-Wing Starfighter (75102) – 717 pieces
$79.99 USD / $99.99 CAD

First Order Transporter (75103) – 792 pieces
$89.99 USD / $109.99 CAD

Kylo Ren’s Command Shuttle (75104) – 1004 pieces
$119.99 USD / $149.99 CAD

Millennium Falcon (75105) – 1332 pieces
$149.99 USD / $179.99 CAD

• Like 4

Are those Euro prices for France? I assume Spain will get the usual 10% Lego tax in which case we are looking at well over 100 euros for the X wing compared with 80 USD. Do they use Paypal/Amazon currency exchange rates when they dream up these prices?

This confirms the fact that the new Falcon will not be a UCS set.  At least not yet...

​I'm still convinced the next big SW exclusive is the Hoth Rebel Base that is due out on October 1st.  That one list that was put out earlier this year, has been 100% accurate so far.